Release Shattered Pixel Dungeon

Here's the log file from the archived 6.5c version.
=======================================================================================
PND : /media/Mem01/pandora/menu/shattered_pixel_dungeon.20181020.111645.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/Mem01/pandora/appdata/shattered_pixel_dungeon
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext4
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/shattered_pixel_dungeon"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/Mem01/pandora/appdata/shattered_pixel_dungeon=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/shattered_pixel_dungeon=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/shattered_pixel_dungeon"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
System check
============
Freememory is 75
Cpu Speed is 600
Sys Speed is 332
Gigahertz=0
LIBGL_FB=1
LIBGL_ES=2
LIBGL_GAMMA=
Found java.pnd at /media/Mem01/pandora/menu/java.pnd
Attempting to execute jvm at /mnt/utmp/java/jdk/bin/java
Args are: -jar desktop-0.6.5c.jar
LIBGL: Initialising gl4es
LIBGL: v1.1.0 built on Oct 13 2018 19:36:25
LIBGL: framebuffer output enabled
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend
LIBGL:loaded: libGLESv2.so
LIBGL:loaded: libEGL.so
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend
LIBGL: Hardware Limited NPOT detected and used
LIBGL: FBO are in core, and so used
LIBGL: PointSprite are in core, and so used
LIBGL: CubeMap are in core, and so used
LIBGL: BlendColor is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Blend Substract is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Blend Function and Equation Separation is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Texture Mirrored Repeat is in core, and so used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_mapbuffer detected
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_element_index_uint detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_depth24 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays detected
LIBGL: Extension GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_texture_float detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_texture_half_float detected and used
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_fragment_precision_high detected and used
LIBGL: Max vertex attrib: 8
LIBGL: Extension GL_OES_standard_derivatives detected and used
LIBGL: Max texture size: 2048
LIBGL: Max Varying Vector: 8
LIBGL: Texture Units: 4(8), Max lights: 8, Max planes: 6
LIBGL: Hardware vendor is Imagination Technologies
LIBGL: Targeting OpenGL 2.1
LIBGL: Forcing NPOT support by disabling MIPMAP support for NPOT textures
LIBGL: glXMakeCurrent FBO workaround enabled
LIBGL: Current folder is:/mnt/utmp/shattered_pixel_dungeon
Xrandr extension version 1.3
getAvailableDisplayModes returned 1 (mode=XRandR)
XF86VidMode extension version 2.2
getAvailableDisplayModes returned 1 (mode=XRandR)
LIBGL: Enable LIBGL_VSYNC=1 if you want to use vsync.
XF86VidMode extension version 2.2
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/java': Device or resource busy
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/shattered_pixel_dungeon': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Just FYI though, I ran a diff and the only changes are Free memory, and filenames.

Sorry, forgot to mention it. No, neither version has text, just vanilla Pixel Dungeon has text (I have both installed).
[doublepost=1541032563,1541031172][/doublepost]Unfortunately I have an early day tomorrow so I'm going to head to bed. Have a good night, and thanks again for the help.

I'm still unsure of what's going on. Comparing Shattered Pixel Dungeon with Pixel Dungeon, I see the Shattered version can use an embeded ttf font, but only use it for chinese and korean language by default.
Try to activate the use of that font by modifying "pd-prefs" file from "pandora/appdata/shattered_pixel_dungeon/home/.shatteredpixel/shattered-pixel-dungeon/" (this folder is on the same SDCard you put the PND on)

add
Code:
<entry key="system_font">true</entry>
in the xml file, along with the other value.
If it does work, I'll make a new package with this value forced to true by default for Pandora.

Tried the adding the new option before heading to work this morning, no luck. Posting this from my phone while I have a few minutes, so I can't post the log, sorry.

Just tested on my CC unit. I had some strange behaviour.
First run of PND i got a main page with no music and text only the logo of the game if i move the mouse i could see it (at first i tought that was freezed) next when i clicked on some point of the screen the game is loaded but without text is not easy to play.
Second try i rerun the pnd adding first the <system_font> in the xml file like you suggested and when the game launch i have now the main screen with music...but no text.. also not text in the game.

Hope it helps.

Mmm, ok thanks. Looks like there is a SGX driver issue on the CC :(

I'll try to experiment a bit...
[doublepost=1541079820,1541077583][/doublepost]Ok, so I have uploaded a new version on the repo. The CC model doesn't like texture using GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA format. Rebirth and Gigahertz are fine with, but not the CC model (still, that format should be supported by all GLES hardware), so I used a switch of gl4es to disable its use on CC model. Et voilà, the text are now visible.

Build 03
------------

• Fixed text not visible on CC models

Hi all !

@FBnil : I just reached level 10 with a level 9 warrior (strength 13), died once but got resurrected thanks to the ankh, eventually died at the hands of Tengu (boss #2) :D

@ptitSeb: did you bundle a recent openal build in your updated package ? Sound is still a bit weird at times...

And I don't know whether this is an upstream bug or something specific to the Pandora, but at least twice I got rooted (couldn't move anymore), a counter indicated that the effect would disappear in 2 rounds, but it never did... When I tried to move the screen would just "shake"... Did you guys notice it too ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

No I haven't updated openal. Last time I update openal, things got worse (using FNA games), so I have to be cautious here (but I will update at some point).

@Magic Sam: Wow... I don't think I can reach that. As for being rooted, I sometimes put on cursed armor or a boss uses paralysis, and then that happens. But no, have not come across that error yet.

I've upgraded to the latest version (thnx @ptitSeb!) and my savestate was wiped with it (you can exit a game, and you can continue days later, it creates a subdirectory with some zipped xml files).
The thing is, it has an anti-tampering mechanism, which was triggered due to the update and delete your "game continue".... but you can tar/untar said directory, then open the game again and have a savestate of some sorts....
it's just cumbersome to exit the game, tar, and open the game again.

As I read him, he's saying that unless you backup your appdata save folder (using tar/untar) before you do an upgrade, the code will wipe your continuation save and you'll have no way to recover it. I guess it does this because version numbers don't match and there may be incompatibilities, but so far, FBnil suggests there's no game breaking incompatibility if you restore the save verbatim. Whether there are other types of save games I'm not sure, and it may be you need to do that before upgrading rather than relying on a continue, but I don't know.

@ptitSeb As @levi said. No, everything works fine with the new build. The many additions are welcomed.
But should you stop playing a session, and have a "continue" (similar to "new game", but you continue where you left off), the continue information is wiped after upgrade.
(your accomplishments and hall of fame stay).

@Magic Sam Still not at level 10, how did you get down there? Stuck at level 9 and it's scary! (I just defeated the second boss)

Hi all !

@FBnil : I just killed the second boss (Tengu) with a fire wand and I'm now heading down to the caves (below the prison levels). My situation is dire though, as I'm starving to death !!! On a side note, I haven't experience your issue while updating. Badges and rankings from 0.6.5 are still there, and I could even resume a game started in 0.6.5 and finish it (i.e die) in 0.7.0, with all the extra alchemy stuff slowly appearing in game.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
And I don't know whether this is an upstream bug or something specific to the Pandora, but at least twice I got rooted (couldn't move anymore), a counter indicated that the effect would disappear in 2 rounds, but it never did... When I tried to move the screen would just "shake"... Did you guys notice it too ?

In case you haven't figured it out for yourself: Use the "clock" button in the lower right corner to skip rounds until the effect wears off.

Thanks @ptitSeb! This is the most played game on my phone. Love it!

Back