Slackware for Pandora 14.1

I'm uploading a fixed 14.1-3 . No need to download it if you're on -2 .

3 hours to go.

One can only hope that bugs like this will eventually lead to a less broken trust model.

I have a problem in 14.1 with users 

My first user was misspelled so I added another one. This second is autostartet but doesn´t start pnds. I have to logout and login with the first. The second will not show desktop aps. What can I do?

Thanks for help.

I had an interesting feature : usually the BL goes off after some seconds without action. 

Then I had a video paused in SMPlayer and listened some music with Beep media player. Closing the lid and BL goes off - after some seconds BL goes on again ! BL no more automatic off (must reboot). What´s this ( toggle BL)?

I presume it's linked to screen sync, and i can't do much there.

It's probably the same thing as when listening to emulated game music and closing the lid.

Maybe try to change lid settings, like 'doing nothing'.

I have a problem in 14.1 with users 

My first user was misspelled so I added another one. This second is autostartet but doesn´t start pnds. I have to logout and login with the first. The second will not show desktop aps. What can I do?

Thanks for help.
Reproduced the problem.

All you had to do was umount your SD card, and mount it back logged as the new user.

I'll put this in the FAQ, thx for the report.

--EDIT: just noticed another problem related to user switching, the ownership of /tmp/pndrun_* preventing pnd from running as another user. Fixed this for the next release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll update the rootfs soon.

I planned to do so numerous times those past days, but always found things to fix, mostly related to user switching but also critical like for pnd running.

I'll test a few days more before pushing so if you planned to give a shot and aren't in a hurry, you may wait a bit to get a maxxed out release.

Just leaving a big thank you here. I took a few videos on my phone while out snowboarding with a friend. Wanted to edit them down on the go, but none of the editors seemed to work right in Android. Threw them on my Pandora and went searching for a working video editor. Turns out you had Kino ready to go in gslapt. My videos are converting to DV format now as I type this from my Slack install. Thank you again!

It actually worked more quickly than I expected. I haven't gotten all pieces of it working (Stitching/transitions/saving directly to mpeg), but will continue playing around with it. Rendering transitions crashes the whole program, but I noticed it creates some sort of transition vid in the home folder and the current project gets preserved so maybe I can reopen and import the transition file manually...

Haha but even with bugs it can edit and save singular files way better than any Android apps! It's exactly what I was looking for!

Haha but even with bugs it can edit and save singular files way better than any Android apps! It's exactly what I was looking for!
How about that as pyra/pandora slogan?"Even with bugs better than any android device." ^^

Little question about I2C : I am playing around with bus #3 and programmed a clock for 

external LCD in python.  After closing the lid it takes some seconds and the LCD no longer works correctly. Is bus #3 stopping when closing the lid (setting is "switch off BL")?

I have no idea.

It's probably the same under Zaxxon.

I think closing the lid switches off the screen, as opposed to put it in low power/brightness to zero.

Did you check the wiki ?

You should ask notaz for this.

Back