Slackware for Pandora 14.1

Did it worked with Mousepad?

Btw:

Installed Yesterday Salix here(100% Slackware Repo Combatible System)

And it runs on my Laptop perfectly.

Even with Flash Player.

Was a good Hint from you Linux-Swat.

Now i have Slackware on my Laptop too and it look realy like the Slackware on Pandora from you ;)

Now i must learn more over Slackware itself.

All the links in the wiki referring to ftp.armedslack.org are dead (host not found). I think this has transitioned to ftp.arm.slackware.com. If you confirm this guess, I can update the wiki.

Edit: Updated the wiki. You can revert it if the info is wrong. Found that more effective.
Thanks, indeed, the server moved to the official slackware servers.

After trying Debian on SD and Pandian, I'm now trying this Slackware. Looks really well thought and configured. No updates available yet, so it'll be interesting how it compares there regarding stability.

I'm missing a handful of software. I could name them, of course (Mousepad, gps stuff), but is there a kind of short guide for packaging for Slackware? I might get my missing packages and contribute, too...
Each time I release a new version, I apply upstream patches ;) .

Packaging is explained in the wiki.

I think mousepad was removed from the latest Xfce.

Linux-SWAT, have you ever tried compiling the xbox360 wireless controller driver in slackware ? It did not work in SZ because of old system libs, so I'm guessing it should probably work in Slackware. If you haven't, I may give it a try one of these days.
Is it a kernel module ?

Release 6 is available, correcting the screensaver bug.
Has anyone else had a problem downloading this? I've tried a couple of times and the download seems to terminate prematurely and the file ends up corrupted. My Internet has been a little flakey due to a router failure, so maybe it is just me.

Has anyone else had a problem downloading this? I've tried a couple of times and the download seems to terminate prematurely and the file ends up corrupted. My Internet has been a little flakey due to a router failure, so maybe it is just me.
Use a downloader tool. There are tons of good ones available. 

I've downloaded the file, it's ok.

Maybe try wget, there's a resume option.
By the way Linux-SWAT, when you compile stuff directly in Slackware on Pandora, you don't need to use Codeblocks basically, right ? You can just put all new created libraries in the usual system locations and forget about doing EXPORT and so on ?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way Linux-SWAT, when you compile stuff directly in Slackware on Pandora, you don't need to use Codeblocks basically, right ? You can just put all new created libraries in the usual system locations and forget about doing EXPORT and so on ?
All is shipped.

The wiki explains how to package.

How much space does this really require? Following the instructions on the wiki, it seems to be exceeding 15GB.

Where? How?
The wiki recommends

Code:
slackpkg update
, but that throws an error about mirror.inode.at refusing the connection, and I can't find slackwarearm there, either.

--EDIT : the mirror is ok, maybe retry.
Thanks for checking. I retried. Looks like I had a problem with ftp through the firewall here.

I'll try a different network; but would it be possible to use http for the update in the future?

Can you try with

http://mirror.inode.at/data/slackwarearm/slackwarearm-14.1/

in /etc/slackpkg/mirrors plz ?

only one line has to be uncommented.
That seems to work nicely. Thanks! Funny, I was searching on that mirror and didn't find a http resource.

There's an error with gpg keys, which also couldn't be amended by installing those, so I had to turn off (I believe) CHKPKG in /etc/slackpkg/slackpkg.conf.

Other than that, the update went nicely and left me with a working OS, which is more than I can say about my experience with Debian on SD and Pandian, alas.

Funny that you are referring to a "screensaver bug": With the fresh version, I get an error message box on every boot about (from memory) xscreensaver being much too old.

Yes, the new patched version didn't work as usual, it's fixed now.

About the gpg, i had no error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back