Slackware for Pandora 14.1

I have no fixed plan yet for the Pyra, except that i'll do my best to port SL4P and SOLEIL on SD, like on Pandora.

I doubt i'll use the NAND, but who knows ?

Also the softfp/hardfp thing has to be taken into consideration. Until now Slackware ARM is softfp.

There's a separate hardfp port, i tested it a while ago, but i don't know if it's production-ready.

As the official Pyra OS will be hardfp, i'll probably have to go that way to keep compatibility.

not Tetris dontwork.

PNDRUNOUT say this Error:

./love: error while loading shared libraries: libmodplug.so.0: cannot open shared obj

just little Report.

Maybe you can add libmodplug.so.0 next versions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,

so far I tried to reinstall version 14.1 on 8GB and 16 GB, both working and starting alsaplayer or SMplayer but still no sound out. Nobody who can help ? Maybe I try 14.0.

Another question : after installing KDE I had a little problem and now the default is root for autostart. How do I get back to the user ?

thanks

Hmm when i saw it right is the default working Audio Setting in Slackware over Oss and not Alsa.
Try to set Audio Output to OSS and restart SMPlayer.

Alsaplayer work only with Alsa when i think right.

With the Root Problem must Answer Linux Swat.

I hope i found the Solution for your Sound Problem ;)

Aand a little Question from me:
Did anyone got Flashplayer in this Firefox working?
Tried Yesterday a bit,but not working yet here.

hello Ingo, thanks for help

I checked with uname and it showed 3.2.45 as version and as 14.0 started with 3.2.29 I already have 14.0. Is this the latest 14.0.8 ? Then I don´t need to download and install again.

Alsaplayer is working in 14.0 and also SMPlayer without fiddling right from the start somewhere in 2013. And I already tried different settings in SMPlayer Audio. As said I can play WAV-files in vlc with 14.0. Also SMPlayer2 will not work in 14.0 - showing error 127 when loading media files.

So I must apologize for my tests above : this was not 13.37 but 14.0 which was used.

Joachim

Use

gksu gdmsetup

To choose another default user at login.

I really don't understand why you keep trying to use incompatible pnds when all shipped media players are working flawlessly in every SL4P releases.

thanks for the tip

I don't use this pnd (vlc) for daily playing media files, this was only because vlc gave me some error message, maybe someone could help with my problem. Normally I choose SMPlayer but I had no sound out and no error msg so I tried some others to see if there is the same problem.

Joachim

Thanks again for a great job!

I've got a little question:

I wanted to give kernel module building a try an searched for the build files, but coudn't find them.

They should be located at /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build. Could you please provide them for the used kernel (3.2.53-szfinal)?

Furthermore i think maybe some folders in /lib/modules could be removed to reduce rootfs size?

SL4P default kernel is the very same than Zaxxon, the official OP kernel, so i don't know where to get this file.

Better ask in this thread:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/7196-32-kernel-issue-tracking-thread/

But before asking, note that the official kernel is compiled with the toolchain, so you may not be able to just recompile a module within SL4P, which has a different compiler.

This is possible but i don't remember if the kernel is compiled with this feature.

Second thing, i've just noticed that SL4P-14.1's compiler produce barely working kernels.

If you want to compile kernel things, i strongly recommend you to use SL4P-14.0, which have an older gcc:

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware/Advanced_usage/Kernel

Don't forget to reboot to get 3D driver autocompiled.

I tried gksu gdmsetup to change my autologin but get the error gdm is not running.

What can I do?

tried this also, but same message :gdm is not running.. you might be using other manager ...

thanks for help

Thanks to Cloudef and B-ZaR, i finally fully integrated PNDManager into SL4P.

While it was easy to install pnds on a second card since a long time ago, it wasn't possible to download and run pnds directly on the SL4P card.

Now it works !

And more: the SL4P rootfs card can also be used as a classic pnd card for Zaxxon (note that it's ext2).

I'll test a bit before pushing another release.

I'm uploading the 14.1-2 .

PNDManager works. I removed its Xfce menu icon from this rootfs to avoid confusion if it's also on a SD card.

I've just realized i should have left it as it's harmless. It concerns only ppl who doesn't use Xfce, and the icon will be back in the next update.

So, use the bottom-right system menu, or type "panorama" in a console.

When installing an app, use the "/" to install .pnd into your SL4P, or "Your_SD".

Once you close PNDManager, the menu icons are refreshed automatically.

I've also corrected a bug, which prevented the automatic OP detection when switching SL4P card from a 1GHz to a 600MHz.

All newest Slackware patches applied, and also all Zaxxon updates pushed in.

Upload finishing in approx. 1 hour.

just tried new version and guess   what ? Sound from the start - now I´m happy again !!

Maybe we can get MeTV working that would be fine.

Thanks a lot for the good work !

Back