Some more of my ideas

- Nubs that work for FPS games (if even possible)
He said his current samples look promising.

Nubs: Completely new ones. We already have some samples that are working so much better (best nubs I've ever seen).

- Option for 3G/4G/Compass/Haptics/GPS/Accelerometer
Looks like a maybe:
Wireless: Improved Wifi, but maybe also optional 3G/4G would be neat.
- Ability to charge without the Pandora turning on
There is absolutely no mobile device that charges powered off.. Even current smartphones power up to charge, even though it's a minimal mode that only allows for charging.
Suggestion

Can we make it so this low power state also tells the time?

-1 for android, i dont want google to watch me
As long as it's not the only option, I only see Android as a plus. It'd be really awesome if you could side load the Google Play store ala Cyanogen mod. This way Google won't watch you unless you let it. If you let it, you get access to all the software available on the platform. . . and better controls for many of the games than just about anybody else has.
That is wrong. Google still tracks you in cyanogen. Installing gapps and downloading games is a surefire way to get tracked, logged and mined. Do not want.

If you want out, check out http://replicant.us and the https://f-droid.org/ repo
Id be good with Replicant too so long as I could side load any games I wanted to

I imagine that would cause additional complexities, because it would require the charge-controlling stuff to be able to drive a 720x1280 (or bigger)  full-colour screen.

What's wrong with watches? Available for 50p in all good charity shops :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine that would cause additional complexities, because it would require the charge-controlling stuff to be able to drive a 720x1280 (or bigger)  full-colour screen.

What's wrong with watches? Available for 50p in all good charity shops :p
It could blink the time on the LEDs :p

You know what, that could actually work, blink the first LED for hours then the second for tens of minutes and the third for minutes, repeat.

Not sure if it's really worth the effort though

The Pyragon: World's most expensive binary clock :p

Alternatively, there might be room for a tiny LCD on the back of the lid, much like old fliptop phones.

Alternatively, there might be room for a tiny LCD on the back of the lid, much like old fliptop phones.
That would likely increase the thickness so that's probably a no-go.

Also it would be cool (assuming the successor has a similar LED layout) if the two extra spots for LEDs on the right were actually populated.

Battery hot-swap
For all fast handed hackers over there that can replace the battery in just few seconds, we're going to support switching it on the fly, without turning off the phone!
Neo 900 has it.

I want it for Pyragon (or however it will be called).

Replaceable battery: Yep. I want to keep the exact same battery for various reasons.:

• It will ensure that batteries for the Pandora will be available for a longer period of time.
  • We know it works properly (less risk)
  • Whoever owns the successor AND the Pandora can the batteries for both devices.
  • The battery compartment will be changed though, so that the battery will fit much better
Will this not result in a lower battery life due to higher power consumption from better components? I understand that better does not necessarily equal less efficient, but is this something to take into consideration?

Otherwise, sounds awesome, sign me up!

Replaceable battery: Yep. I want to keep the exact same battery for various reasons.:
Can we have the same battery with slightly newer power storage materials to get lets say 5000 instead 4000 mAH (i hate this unit, why not say 4000 * 3.6 Joules)?

^ agreed twice:

Ah is a silly unit of battery capacity

Higher capacity in the same package would be good.

The only thing I need to say is, put it on Kickstarter when you finalize the idea. :D

Well and give an option to buy a model without the battery, so you can use the old one.

What about one of those Silicon-anode batteries the Ubuntu Edge was meant to have, 30% more battery life for the same size battery or something like that.

Can we have the same battery with slightly newer power storage materials to get lets say 5000 instead 4000 mAH (i hate this unit, why not say 4000 * 3.6 Joules)?
Don't you mean mWh instead of Joules? Or are you assuming the battery operates at 1 Volt?

But agreed, it probably makes more sense to talk about energy capacity than about charge.

Im interested in EDs opinion about quality differences between P1 and "P2" for potencial P2 developer. Will this be straight P1 => P2 remake with better cpu and so on.. or maybe we will get some extra stuff like for example: connection for xbox360 kinect [drivers in standard "P2" firmware ]. This would be awesome. Even simple camera like EYETOY from PS2 [or any other camera 100% compatible] could be awesome in 'P2' gaming. This could open some doors in games creativity. Not gaming creativity.. even surveillance apps could be created easily [Home Monitoring Studio / Baby Monitor.. and more]   

BTW. I would love to see micro touchpad instead of right nub [slightly bigger than nub space], in "P2". This would be just perfect for any mousedriven games in dosbox + native FPS games ports [AvP, TtcW] 

Didn't read everything, anyway I want an improvement:

a LED dedicated for NAND R/W

So it will be simpler to see when it is doing something, or when it is writing in the wrong drive...

The actual Pandora has 2 unused leds, so it should not be a problem

Back