Some more of my ideas

As for the shoulder buttons: what about a about a 2-way rockerswitch on each side. (or do we need two buttons pressed on the same side at the same time)
We need 4 Shoulder buttons.

cimg0178j.jpg

For PSX and more advances PC games.

I want a pencil in the stylus.

(Also it's not as dangerous as a screwdriver ;) )
Ah, now I know: a two pieces stylus with different attachable ends....
For University it's great to have some pencil with you.

There's always a piece of paper around but no pencil.

Seriously.

I miss it a lot.

I'm not saying we need screws for the battery lid. If there's no reason to do that, then don't do it!

I'm just saying that I could live with that, if it were needed for something (e.g. to get a nicer case material, a stronger case, more robust battery contacts or whatever). But if there's no reason to do it, of course it's better to avoid screws.
Good :) .

I don't think It's a secret that there are currently no plans to use screws for the battery lid.

We all want to swap batteries.

:)
For 5mm less in hight I would open up the case every time I change the battery. (but that's because my main use is desktop/notebook replace)
5mm??

That's a reduction of 50%.

Don't think it's possible.

I also use it for Notebook replacement.

But I'm fine with the size.

Also remember we have to put the 4 shoulder buttons somewhere.
OK, was not clear here I ment in total. I thought mainly the extra thickness you need by the separation layer between the board and the battery and the extra package the batery needs when replaced frequently. If the change only happens to you, when replace e defective battery, I even would thing desoldering for exchange is not a to high price (when gaining something from it (less thickness, more capacity).

As for the shoulder buttons: what about a about a 2-way rockerswitch on each side. (or do we need two buttons pressed on the same side at the same time)
Pyramid thread?

I'm not saying we need screws for the battery lid. If there's no reason to do that, then don't do it!

I'm just saying that I could live with that, if it were needed for something (e.g. to get a nicer case material, a stronger case, more robust battery contacts or whatever). But if there's no reason to do it, of course it's better to avoid screws.
Good :) .

I don't think It's a secret that there are currently no plans to use screws for the battery lid.

We all want to swap batteries.

:)
For 5mm less in hight I would open up the case every time I change the battery. (but that's because my main use is desktop/notebook replace)
5mm??

That's a reduction of 50%.

Don't think it's possible.

I also use it for Notebook replacement.

But I'm fine with the size.

Also remember we have to put the 4 shoulder buttons somewhere.
OK, was not clear here I ment in total. I thought mainly the extra thickness you need by the separation layer between the board and the battery and the extra package the batery needs when replaced frequently. If the change only happens to you, when replace e defective battery, I even would thing desoldering for exchange is not a to high price (when gaining something from it (less thickness, more capacity).

Pyramid thread?
Yep.

Stylus is worth pondering uppon:

-stylus with a tiny hole i it -> here the pencil can stick out (like in "Druckbleistift") and the end a screwdriver. Done.

To tthe shoulder buttons (as a non gamer): So there a situations to press both right buttons at one timr?

To tthe shoulder buttons (as a non gamer): So there a situations to press both right buttons at one timr?
Shoulder button is important for me.

Shift and CTRL are freat to navigate and fluent typing.

Maybe for 4 shoulder button I'd like "/" and "-" as it's used quite often, especially in terminal.

I think it would speed things up a lot if those keys are not only fn keys.

But but buttons at the same time?

No ides?

Give the gamers a chance ;) .

Maybe for CTRL and "-" to zoom out it might be useful.

Also if Shift and "-" on the shoulder button is "+" then you can zoom with shoulder buttons.

I need zoom a lot when reading PDF files at University.

if you're lucky, the swiss army knife you take with you on your camping trip already has the right screwdriver.

That's exactly what I do.

The screws of current Pandora are perfect for Swiss Army Knifes.

Every time I can't find the screwdriver (or EvilDragon has grabbed it) I use my Swiss Army Knife to do the Pandora repairs :) .

But forget it.

Screws for battery are a bad idea.

Really.
Agreed

I take out the battery often enough to be mad if I needed to get out a screwdriver. I do not own a Swiss Chesse Knife ( :p ) and so I woild need to go to the garage to get a real screw driver. Im all for everything else needing a screwdriver, but the battery is a no-go for me

Talking about metal insterts: it would say, make the other end of the stylus the screwdriver for the Pandora.

Exactly this was already mentioned for the original Pandora's Stylus but abandoned because of the possible costs. However, it's a nice idea to bring it back now. :) I'm also for a bigger Stylus this time, maybe telescope, maybe X-stylus design. AND it could have a removable tip for various purposes (softer/harder for our artists etc. ) Some WACOM Styli have this. I personaly find the current tip of the Pandora stylus way to hard for comfortable sketching with graphic programs (MyPaint supports preasure steps).

Well, of course the stylus is not the most important part right now. First we need a propper case (after a propper PCB I guess) and it should be something really sturdy and durable this time. My personal fav. design is some kind of rugged military look. Something like this iPhone case but as entire Handheld design of course:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104350651/taktik-premium-protection-system-for-the-iphone?ref=live

This thing already looks bullet-proof!   B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe for 4 shoulder button I'd like "/" and "-" as it's used quite often, especially in terminal.

No ides?

Also if Shift and "-" on the shoulder button is "+" then you can zoom with shoulder buttons.

same to me, so I could live with something like this on both sites:

http://www.neumerkel-shop.de/media/images/popup/image_627160_1.jpg

so you have 4 Shoulderbuttons, with no extra hight.

You have not all possible press combinations, but for desktop use it should be ok.

No ides?

same to me, so I could live with something like this on both sites:

http://www.neumerkel-shop.de/media/images/popup/image_627160_1.jpg

so you have 4 Shoulderbuttons, with no extra hight.

You have not all possible press combinations, but for desktop use it should be ok.
If you've seen my picture I also have 4 shoulder buttons without additional hight.

It's simply not possible to reduce the hight.

Battery, Board, Nubs/Keyboard.

Those 3 parts are above each other and can't be cut.

Maybe Nubs and Keyboard for about 1-2mm but not 5mm.

Maybe we can also get 1mm if the screen is slimmer.

But try to imagine to get everything inside a 3DS XL.

Not possible.

I'd much rather have independent switches for the shoulder buttons than a rocker,  especially of we are going to be assigning keyboard modifier keys to them.

- Neelix

are there situation, where more than 2 are pressed or are all combinations of 2 buttons needed?

If the shoulder buttons map to shift, ctrl and alt, then you need to be able to press CTRL-ALT, CTRL-SHIFT, SHIFT-ALT, and CTRL-ALT-SHIFT because all of those are sometimes used.

True. But is it good have them all on shoulder buttons?

Or better: Do you use 4 Fingers or 2 for 4 shoulderbuttons (aka pressing both with one finger or 2??)

Back