Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

From the box... "The world's smallest fully functional linux pc"... is that really true?

just curious.

cb

It's true if we say it's true...?

And you don't consider a phone a PC..

Last edited by a moderator:
Its actually not too far off --

There are certainly smaller linux machines, and even fully functional ones.. like PDAs or mobiles; but when you consider only Linux devices that include a screen and keyboard and are very small, you greatly reduce the options. Especially if you count dedicated linux machines, not things like OQO (mainly a Windows tiny machine) that you install a Linux distro on,.

There are machines like the Sharp Zaurus that are smaller though (but is not currently being made.)

So it is arguable depending on your definition, but Pandora is _Certainly in there_.

Not like some marketing terms for other products where they're outright lies :)

jeff

For me, the Pandora is the Smalest Linux PC i ever had :)

I have hear a Windows 7 Bussines Notebook, but i cant carry this in my pocket like i doo whit the Pandora :)

Pandora 140x83x27mm = 313.74cc.

OQO model 1 was 4.9x3.4x0.9" = 14.994in^3 = 245.7cc.

Of course the OQO wasn't a 'linux pc' though some installed Linux on it, and it isn't made anymore.

So, sure - it's true until someone makes it not true.

At the point I asked... I was thinking of the Zaurus SL-C3200 that I have :)

but he's right... the Zaurus isn't made any more.

thanks,

Christopher.

There is Zipit Z2 that can run Linux too. (PXA270, ARMv5TE 416Mhz)

Worth mention that Ben NN has MIPS (Ingenic JZ4740, ~300Mhz) processor, runs OpenWRT and Dingoo compatible.

There is another one. Sharp IS01 or Lynx SH-10b (QSD8650 1Ghz, Adreno 200). It's a phone and runs Android 1.6 (or up to ICS) but it can run chrooted Debian as well. It's 1.3cm wider than a Pandora but 1cm thinner. Onboard ASM/C development is possible.

lynx-sh-10b.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality picture.

From the box... "The world's smallest fully functional linux pc"... is that really true?

I'd say that the Ben NanoNote wins that particular title. http://en.qi-hardwar...ki/Ben_NanoNote
Well, since it has a 240x320 display I think it is not fully functional...
I would give the title to the Openmoko Freerunner or the new GTA04. Although someone could argue that it has no built-in keyboard. But it has bluetooth and USB to connect one. The GTA04 even has a TV out.

Ok, the Pandora is the smalest Portable Linux PC whit Full Gaming Controlls :) and Keyboard

But its too late to change this, because i have now the Cardbox..

Pandora at Gamescom? WOW I'm coming ;) I also want to buy one (but First i'll try it there ).

Another question: will there be a way to buy it right there ?

When I'm there: I'm the small fat kid talking like a geek XD

Off Topic:

I came to pandora googling : pocket Linux PC .

I found many devices but the most surprising one was the Pandora because its good for gaming (last month I wanted to buy a extra psp only for gaming but now not anymore ).It sounds so great because Im a big Linux Fan and Gamer and I can save the Money for the second Device.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire Z mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok than I will order one when the 1ghz ones are out

do you have skype ore something like that ?

I would like to ask you some questions

I have two Creative Labs Zii Eggs in my iControlpads currently. These are truly Linux machines, also.

Back