The Cases

I felt that it was extremely unlikely we would see Pandora's in the hands of "normal" users before christmas anyway - this is pretty much confirmed now - another modified batch shipping from china on the 17th for arrival the 18th (best case) with a days to assess the modifications (19th) before approval means that there is simply no way that a MP batch of cases can be cast, shipped, and used to assemble pandora's before the Texas factory breaks for the holidays. This is ignoring factors such as silk screening, board population (if necessary) and shipping from the factory to distibutors (GBAX, ED etc) or final shipping to players.

I think its safe to say that only a select few team members and dev's will see a Pandora on their doorstep this side of late January (assuming spin up times on production etc) - i.e. those recieving a MK0 unit from the already pictured batch.

It doesnt worry me personally... whats another month between friends, but its a real shame to have missed the (symbolic) Christmas shipping window, it will feed the trolls and naysayers.

#Wonderdog

Shipping the rest of the 103 is probably possible as we could just ask for more of the current cases.

Some will ship in 2009, well, some already have to the team and to devs (I should point out at least one is a real customer!).

craigix said:
Oh and units have started shipping to devs. I'll be making many new videos next week.
Ihdras.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm just thick, That's a little unclear to me.

For those of us who aren't on your developer's list, is there still chance of getting Pandora's before the new year?

I really really hope there's a known cut off between "getting it right" and "getting it perfect". You can spend forever tweaking trying to make things perfect, and never get there, and I admonish those that encourage things be so perfect. A point has to come where a fraction of a mm difference in travel is acceptable, otherwise you'll end up in a constant "just shave a bit... nope, too much, put some back" loop.

craigix said:
(I should point out at least one is a real customer!).
Without finish and silk screening, and with known defects? I hope they were ok with that.

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
(I should point out at least one is a real customer!).
Without finish and silk screening, and with known defects? I hope they were ok with that.
I would imagine it's because they are a dev too, so better to get a device to them now which can be swapped for the paid for device later.

I'm glad this thread has stayed positive and I'd like to add my voice to that.

Slightly disappointed about the further delays but definately the right decision to not rush it out. Keep up the excellent work.

PokeParadox said:
I would imagine it's because they are a dev too, so better to get a device to them now which can be swapped for the paid for device later.
More devs, more progress, good for everyone :)

So - realistically are we looking at getting things by January even? What is left in this process -- something like this?

- Tell mould company what is wrong.
- Wait for mould company to respond and actually make changes.
- Wait for mould company to create new moulds with changes
- Wait for shipment of new/changed samples to MWeston.
- Wait for MWeston to check out new mould samples.
- If problems - go back to 'Tell mould company what is wrong'.
- Tell mould company to make full run.
- Wait for mould company to actually create cases.
- Wait for mass produced cases to ship to whever they are sent.
- Have Silk-screening case done on cases ? is this done by the mould company? If so does that mean there is an extra round of 'create samples, send samples to MWeston, wait for OK, actually do silk-screening'?
- Produce actual pandoras...

i will be pleased to have my pandora but will be paitent enough to wait for version that you guys deam we deserve. thanks for your tireless work :D

jumpman said:
Wow, who's the lucky customer? Are is it a suprise for him/her?

Jumpman

Brings in an interesting concept/idea...

Pick one to ten pre-orders at random from the 4,000. Equal chance lottery. Contact them to see if they are OK with receiving a pre-first-batch unit AND if they are willing to provide proper beta tester feedback. If so, ship to them.

Just an idea.

Well this news isn't so bad. Tip-toeing to the finish, which I think most of us actually expected.

Next target in my mind is to hope for mid-January shipping.

Now that some devs will actually start getting units though, maybe some software will be properly finished and some videos of the software being used with real pandora inputs will appear.

My heart just can't take much more of this. And now I have to face my entire family over Christmas without a Pandora to distract me? I think I'm going to be sick.

Hey Craig,

The boards in full can still be produced by Texas then, right (As in while we are waiting for the moulds to get better, Texas can be cranking out more and more fully populated boards)? So instead of only shipping out 1,000 by xmas, you might be able to do 2,000-4,000 come January?

Good new - thanks for the update!

This means Christmas can be spent with family, as it should, and 2010 can be kicked off with some Pandora action!

Steve

I'm a little down but I would much rather have the cases perfect than have my Pandora early. Besides, it sounds like it's just a two week wait or so longer at the most.

Keep tweakin' em' until they're perfect, good job OP team.

Back