The current situation

Don' cancel: the pandora is totally worth it imo :) I use it every day and my girlfriend is somewhat jealous of all the attention :) ;)

Seriously EvilDragon,

please come up with a price soon - as I am looking with longing at the 1Ghz machine...

Then again - after waiting since April 2009 I suppose I should show some patience :)

Thanks - don't mean to add to your already busy schedule too much.

Ant

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

PS 1000 White - Very Very Special and Immaculate with over 20 cards and carrying case (for sale)

PS 3000

PSP Go

A330 (with controller)

Dingoo A320 BNIB - (for sale)

Nintendo 3DS

PSP Vita

Pardon the blatant ads but I need to cull my beloved collection - if anyone wants more details please ask.

I don't want my third post to be a rant but I am somewhat put off by this news. I paid extra to be part of the first 150 and get a Pandora that was going to be somewhat unique for a while quickly after waiting 4 years. My patience is wearing a bit thin. Although I can appreciate the transparency it really does not help those of us who fronted more money with the promise of something special. It sounded special when I upgraded getting the cool wood case, extra battery etc. Are we still going to get those items? As cool as the kickstarter project is I really wish previous commitments were met before undertaking something else that takes a lot of time. It was also disheartening to see a LOT of posts on how the kickstarter was going but getting any news about why I am waiting is unacceptable in my opinion. Yes I understand that it is a small business but communication is key and over-promising and not delivering kind of sucks. I do want to thank you Craig for finally posting something but seeing how active you are posting about the new ICP surely a few minutes of your time every couple days (good news, bad news or no news) would be better than nothing and would go a long way to ensure continued support for your future projects. I would love to donate to the new initiative but I would rather see over communication then the current under communication. Heck just meeting in the middle would be nice as well :) .

Binth

Only one person mentioned this point at all, and I'm very curious (or concerned?) about it.

Craigix: "A couple of months ago Ed agreed that we should move to 1Ghz production and most of my outstanding preorders could all be 1ghz boards..."

Is this a typo or is Craigix saying that outstanding preorderers Pandoras will be upgraded to 1GHz without any extra charge? Because I'm an early preorderer myself, and um, just recently paid a whole bunch of money for that upgrade. It will at least be quite a surprise if I'm hearing that waiting longer without paying would have gotten me the same 1GHz Pandora. But that's so unusual that I'm pretty sure Craig didn't mean to say that. I would like for this to be confirmed though please.

Only one person mentioned this point at all, and I'm very curious (or concerned?) about it.

Craigix: "A couple of months ago Ed agreed that we should move to 1Ghz production and most of my outstanding preorders could all be 1ghz boards..."

Is this a typo or is Craigix saying that outstanding preorderers Pandoras will be upgraded to 1GHz without any extra charge? Because I'm an early preorderer myself, and um, just recently paid a whole bunch of money for that upgrade. It will at least be quite a surprise if I'm hearing that waiting longer without paying would have gotten me the same 1GHz Pandora. But that's so unusual that I'm pretty sure Craig didn't mean to say that. I would like for this to be confirmed though please.

No, Craig has said elsewhere that there are enough 600MHz chips left for all of the classic pre-orders to get one of those. So, unless something significant changes, I don't think the classic pre-orders would get a 1GHz chip without upgrading.

I am also one of the original preorders from 10/1/2008. I always appreciate seeing these updates and I understand that there have been many many production problems and I have held in there to the point of ridiculousness. What I don't understand is how being an original 2008 preorder from THE 2ND DAY I still haven't gotten one. Can we get some idea of a number of where you guys are at with the original preorders? Surely with about 4000 units having been delivered (from the official About the Pandora page) and all of the cancellations you should have gotten the 2nd days worth of preorders shipped by now right? The last email that I have received from openpandorasales was on 6/23/2011 asking me to hang in there and I have not received any reply to my last 3 inquiries.

Please someone tell me what is going on.

No, Craig has said elsewhere that there are enough 600MHz chips left for all of the classic pre-orders to get one of those. So, unless something significant changes, I don't think the classic pre-orders would get a 1GHz chip without upgrading.

Okay, and as far as I understand it this would be absolutely impossible too, so it's very silly of me to even ask. Except, well he did just say that. I hope Craigix clarifies it so I can stop thinking in circles. Probably just a typo.

Should have an update for the plan to move forward in a couple of days. We're so close to completing this that we have to push on and do what we can to get there.

Hi,

following all the discussions was a bit hard for me - and at some point I thought Craig wanted us preorderers to cancel (I orderd January 2010).

So I mailed him and asked if I should cancel my order, because I cannot upgade. I received a mail recently that this was a misunderstanding. Maybe I was not the only one ?

Anyway, I will will hold on and wait. The Pandora still rocks !

Greetings

Argh, so there's at least a month or two delay for the rest of the 1Ghz orders? :(

Grr I'll keep this short I paid for a 1GHz which was promised to be a test run and quick delivery.. I want to know why ALL of that money was used for refunds! There obviously was the foresight that this would happen then?!

Why didn't they use JUST the profit to pay for refunds and keep the rest (cost price) so you can continue to fufill 1GHz pre-orders which was sold on the premis of (SPECIAL TEST RUN, SPECIAL ORDER, FAST DELIVERY)..

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have an update for the plan to move forward in a couple of days. We're so close to completing this that we have to push on and do what we can to get there.

Craig, do you plan on still selling some of your 600mhz units at the classic price?

Craig, do you plan on still selling some of your 600mhz units at the classic price?

Yes, I've spent some of today sorting those out.

To be clear, refunds were never a problem (and indeed, original order refunds saved us money), because they were manageable.

~100 almost at once? Not so manageable - but we did manage to refund that.

No one wants this to fail, the Pandora2 is active and the Kickstarter is the start of it (as well as lots of NDA stuff too hardware wise).

1Ghz shipping will continue, just slowly, we have to be *ultra* careful at the moment.

Well hey, I'm looking on the bright side, at least we're 100 units closer to depleting that queue, we just won't see those results until they can get more shipped out :)

Let me see if I understand this correctly. Several fans pre--ordered over three years ago and are rewarded for their patience by watching new orders ge their pandoras instead. Once dissatisfaction is displayed the Pandora Knights come out in full force essentially saying that if you don't like the situation cancel your order. They often add "as you are free to do." because Ed and craig have done everything in their power to get the people who should have gotten their preorder first and little else can be expected of them. Hence a refund is the best option.

This ignores the fact that obviously people don't want a refund. They want the product that they've ordered. Once you factor in exchange rates, depreciation of the USD and the fact some of the credit cards or accounts to purchase the units (in my case 2) are now closed, the refund option is problematic.

Imagine you invest by preordering a flight to the moon, but through no fault of your own your trip has been delayed whereas newer flights are in full effect. How difficult would it be to give up your preorder for such an opportunity in light of the fact that you can't get a refund anyway? Yes but everything in their power has been done to get your preorder to you.

Has it? Where are the banner sigs that op forum users can use on the other sites that they visit to help advertise? Where are the loaner pandoras lent to gamer sites to generate reviews? Where is the simple bulk email to the early investors explaining the situation? Why must Pandora Knights constantly reference obscure threads that if we'd only bother to read would clarify matters? Why aren't the matters clarified directly? I've yet to receive an email giving me the state of affairs and I've yet to find a forum created to specifically address our needs, recieve feedback and brainstorm on possible solutions.

I saw a thread when someone rightfully perturbed about getting a refund was belittle with snide remarks (not enough exclamation points). Did Ed or Craig step in to smooth things out? No. No they didn't. This is because original preorders are such a low priority they can't be bothered with such details. All in all this moreso than anything clearly indicates the level of respect and reverence held for the preorders by the community and those that manage it.

So time and time again we've been told to just cancel. That's because no one had a ral expectation of large amounts of preorders cancling because the team already has their money and if they havn't canceled in three years they've proven cancelation is of low concern. Around the same concern that everyone has for those people still waiting for their ticket to the moon. It's a kind of sucks for you mentality because I've already got my unit and if you were foolish enough to preorder at the infancy of the project and feel the situation unfair, just cancel!

Now that people are fed up and actually cancelling you guys are like no wait! Hold on a bit. At least wait until we get our taxes! Why should anyone have concern for your taxes when your OBLIGATION to the original preorders was met with minimal effort at best?! Does the team actually have an organized list of the preorders emails? If so why not man up and talk to them directly via bulk email and explain the situation?

Oh. It's because the preorders are getting a "free upgrade." No that's a load of BS. If the only units being made and sold are of a certain type because the older units are no longer being made it's not an upgrade! Are you selling the older models as well as the upgraded models? Unlikely because the new models are the standards and it's likely you can't even GET the older mobos in the first place! You can't give everybody the same model because the older model is no longer made and call that an upgrade. You call that the current model! If you're going to upgrade them upgrade them to the non standard model that is premium. You can't upgrade them to the standard model since the older model is not even an option! If I buy a part and it takes so long that it is no longer made the subsequent upgrade is not an act of benevolence you are giving them the only model in the same tier out of necessity. Further such an upgrade doesn't come without a cost (oh my I'm being upgraded for free!) No. I payed for that upgrade each year my units have been delayed.

If the only way I get my units is by other new buyers getting theirs first, then the op team damn sure should have got epically creative on generating interest in the product. They should have targetted schools, universities, engineering and computer science students, music tracker enthusiast, amateur stargazers, banner ads as signatures, pandora lotteries, news stations, youtube ads and any other ideas and help generated by the Pandora Knights to get this done.

Now people act surprised that callous treatment from pandora knights, disinterest of the community in general in solving or addressing the problem (hey they got theirs), suggestions to cancel repeated as if it were bible scripture, 3 year delays, using the FORUMS as an only means of communication instead of direct emails (or even creating a forum for the issue) and OMG so much more would result in the cancleation of 100 people or more in short time! Amazing!

When that person complained everyone jumped his shit instead of treating him like a fellow gamer that held the same dreams as you all and Ed and Craig just allowed it to continue.

How can any of you be surprised? And how hypocritical of you now, of all times to say...woah... lets settle down on the cancelations. In fact the newest response is a direct result of these cancelations that could have been averted if you took care of your pre-orders in a better fashion than you did.

Don't you realize people read these forums, see how people are treated and how the act here isn't quite together. Don't you realize this perception affects the order rate as well as the cancelation rate? Shutting people down, implying their complaints aren't legit and that they should either shut up or get a refund (even when some of us can't) is not the best way of doing business if that hasn't been made clear by now.

-O

But we have managed to clear about 1000 more orders, would you rather we went bankrupt this time last year, blamed CircuitCo and just wandered off?

Pardon the blatant ads but I need to cull my beloved collection

I can see why you're selling - who needs all that junk if you have a Pandora? heheh :)

outstanding preorderers Pandoras will be upgraded to 1GHz without any extra charge? ...

just recently paid a whole bunch of money for that upgrade

While I feel for you, I think all the old pre-orderers who couldn't upgrade do richly deserve that upgrade free of charge.

If you already paid to upgrade, and don't get your Pandora significantly earlier than the still-waiting-people,

perhaps OP will be able to give you some kind of perk or refund in compensation, at some stage, when they are able.

I think it would be a good idea to shift production to 1GHz only. It over-complicates it to be building two different models,

ED and crew will get confused and solder them wrong. :)

I suppose there is no real difference in the cost to produce them now that the prep has been done.

It would be cheaper for OP to build just the 1GHz models.

There is very little that the "600Mhz" Pandora can't do brilliantly well.

Both of mine overclock very happily to 1GHz, and they can run

all of the PSX, Amiga, MAME, N64 and SNES games I've tried so far pretty damn well.

I don't think the 1GHz upgrade is so huge of a big deal. I'm buying one anyway,

as I want to have the complete Pandora collection. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pre-orders end up converting to Pandora 2 the way things are going!

Pandora 2 will be cheaper to produce because (my hunch is that) it will be based on a top-of-the-line stock Android phone + iCP2,

possibly with a change of case and additional features in the controller part.

Someone should give me a nice 5-star rating in my profile because some sons-of-bitches voted me down :p

it's my frowny face avatar and carefree attitude, I think.

Craig and ED, thanks for continuing to work toward getting it all done and not giving up! I know I was a bit disappointed by the news, but after giving it some thought and reading some of the other posts... well, I just wanted to say "Thanks", for both putting in all the hard work and for putting up with all the bull (be it from people or situations).

Thank you!

Back