What software are we still missing on Pandora? (A Wish List)

something Dropboxish would be good

Unfortunatelly I don't have my Pandora functional right now so I can't check it but combination of grsync and box.net might do the job. You can mount the box.net as a WebDAV storage (that means mount as a folder) and then rsync your folders either manually or automaticaly from cron. It's not as convincing as dropbox but get's pretty close.

EDIT: I had to repair this post via desktop browser, it seems that Tapatalk is not the right tool for editing existing posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone can make a EasyRPG PND with Gui ;)

I readed somewhere that with the actual Version playing Vampires Dawn is possible ;)

Hi,

Im searching for a DLNA Player for the Pandora. Does it exist already?

I read many people want a DLNA Server, but no one needs a Client? How comes that?

Why I should make an DLNA Server on the Pandora?

I already habe a DLNA Server at home and want to watch videos on the Pandora.

I tried XBMC, but its crashing a lot and does not play anything... (Yes, sure I have Codecpack installed)

Please help :)

Thank you!!! :)

Actually, it installs on a SD card, so you keep you NAND.

I'm currently compiling 14.0 packages.

I would very much like to see some kind of app / web-plugin / something to play music from Grooveshark or Spotify. Ive been looking around, but the options that are in place either don't work or i can't get them to work.

Grooveshark has recently implemented a HTML5 version of their website but i cannot seem to get any music playing, If anyone has gotten any of these two options working then please, do tell :)

I'd love to see some GUI for uade :)
I'd love that!

It sais on their webpage that it can somehow be included into Audacious, but I don't have the slightest clue how ... still using Deliplayer under Windows to play my favourite Amiga games music ...

Is there any way we can create a "Wish List" section where people can post up what they'd like to see ported/adapted to Pandy...and then coders can choose to take up those projects or not.

It might help if say, a lot of people expressed an interest in a particular project.

My own wishlist is three items:

1. Peggle that works on original OS - don't wanna have to deal with switching OS's

2. Bejeweled 2

3. Digger - the one by Windmill Software, released in 1983. This game is similar to, but different from, Mr. Do!

Doom3 Engine ported to work with ARM/OP.

Unreal Tournament Engine working with OP!

A pandora tailored bit coin wallet thingy , local wireless play ( think ds in plural ) , GPS .

Hi,

Im searching for a DLNA Player for the Pandora. Does it exist already?

I read many people want a DLNA Server, but no one needs a Client? How comes that?

Why I should make an DLNA Server on the Pandora?

I already habe a DLNA Server at home and want to watch videos on the Pandora.

I tried XBMC, but its crashing a lot and does not play anything... (Yes, sure I have Codecpack installed)

Please help :)

Thank you!!! :)

The limitations of the Pandora's internal wifi are a real problem for any DNLA client. I tested it out by using a test app from the Platinum SDK (the same upnp kit that XBMC uses) - feeding the url it gave me into smplayer. smplayer could play the content no problem, but it soon started freezing due a lack of network bandwidth (changing -cache and -cache-min just delayed the start aswell as the eventual freeze-up)

Some Display Link or anything else that allows me to get VGA out of my Pandora would be great.

I want to make some presentation with her.

LibreOffice PND would be great as well.

PanDebian is great for that job but a PND would also be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back