Your pandora has been shipped

I would like to get mine soon so that I can work on my game for the platformer competition!

do as a few others are doing, develop on x86, but write it portable,currently got 2 people without pandoras that will be throwing code my way to package/test for the competition

The pattern seems to be that batches of pandoras get sent out about once a week, but only a very small fraction of those shipped (particularly the non-premium orders) are getting repoted on the forums.

The pattern seems to be that batches of pandoras get sent out about once a week, but only a very small fraction of those shipped (particularly the non-premium orders) are getting repoted on the forums.

Here is the current status from the status page....

"Here you can find the current status. We'll try to keep it as up-to-date as possible (current status date: 2011-02-12)

There are various companies involved in the production, therefore the status report mentions the company.

Units produced so far: About 2000"

So that was 9 days ago. I would hope that the status now would be around 2500, but no news is not good news in Pandora world....

... and I was also given an 850-950 approximate queue number, by the way.

Sheez, I was hoping we were much further down than the line than that. My last queue update in June was 1400-1500, so I reckon at least another two months for me....so depressing. Every time I think things are actually speeding up, reality strikes. Gutted.
I'm with you there, although I'm 900-1000 it all seems meaningless really given the haphazard nature of both production and the 'bookkeeping'. Just imagine Obi-Wan saying 'let go' in your ear a few times and it'll be much easier. It will always be Two Months™. Always.

It's driving me crazy that I'm 850-950 (supposedly) but still haven't gotten an email!! I've thought "wow it'll be next week!" For about six months now...

^ Are those individual queue positions or Big Queue positions?

I've been stuck to "any time now" for a few weeks now and I'm around 1800-1900 in the Big Queue. Guess it's still gonna be a while. Hopefully I'll get mine before the platforming compo ends so I can polish my entry just for the pandora.

It's driving me crazy that I'm 850-950 (supposedly) but still haven't gotten an email!! I've thought "wow it'll be next week!" For about six months now...
I'm 850-950 also, still haven't gotten my e-mail either. What time did you get your first confirmation e-mial? Mine was at like 3 AM on Oct 1 UK time.

I think we need more Pandora info ...ED, Craig when more new boards arrive from CC ?

I got my "Item has shipped" confirmation on the 17th (premium upgrade from 1st batch preorder), and according to the tracking number, it will arrive today, any minute now.

The "one week guarantee" took about three days. Hell, yes.

I CANT WAIT!!1!

I'm 850-950 also, still haven't gotten my e-mail either. What time did you get your first confirmation e-mial? Mine was at like 3 AM on Oct 1 UK time.

Yep, I know how you feel. 30th of Sept 2008, at around 21.40 NET, I believe.

Seen a few that have supposedly ordered after me, but still no email for me.

Might try shooting them an email at some point this week to see where I stand.

Just getting really difficult to wait, if I had any extra cash I would probably upgrade, but it should be so close now :D

Absolutely soul destroying to learn (especially if you are 1000+) that there are still people in the 850-950 range that haven't received an email yet, is it just me or is there a dearth of information regarding shipped units recently?

I can only assume (trying to be as positive as i can muster) that the current focus on premium units is keeping the team from posting any updates (even bad news would suffice!).. has anyone received a NON premium unit recently (within the last week) i appreciate not everyone has the time or inclination to post info regarding receipt of their unit.. but it would certainly help us (me) poor unfortunates (with emphasis on the POOR) cope with this torture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely soul destroying to learn (especially if you are 1000+) that there are still people in the 850-950 range that haven't even received an email yet, is it just me or is there a dearth of information regarding shipped units recently?

I can only assume (trying to be as positive as i can muster) that the current focus on premium units is keeping the team from posting any updates (even bad news would suffice!).. has anyone received a NON premium unit recently (within the last week) i appreciate not everyone has the time or inclination to post info regarding receipt of their unit.. but it would certainly help us (me) poor unfortunates (with emphasis on the POOR) cope with this torture.

I asked Craig in an iControlpad thread if him working on that was delaying the pandora and he said not as they had run out of boards and were waiting on another shipment from CC....although strangely, this does not seem to prevent them shipping premium units :blink:

It seems to me that this completely invalidates the proposition that the introduction of premiums would speed up first batchers, i said at the time that could only ever be possible if they didn't run out of parts and they have. The boards used for premiums could have been in yours or mine, instead we are stuck waiting....again, with still no idea of when they might come.

It isn´t apparent yet if the premium idea is panning out as planned but you have to bear in mid that if those parts didn´t go into premium pandoras, there wouldn´t be a company available to take receipt of the next batch of parts to be normal pre-orders at all, perhaps.

Or perhaps Craigix has ordered a Tesla Roadster? :)

Its all maddening I can appreciate that.

not that anything can be done about it, but with the current supply from CC, it does really appear as if the premium pandoras are causing the normal preorders to get theirs slower. Building 2x as fast doesn't help when there's only so many to be built.

:(

has anyone received a NON premium unit recently (within the last week)

I got mine last Wednesday -

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/946-post-picks-and-first-impressions-of-your-shiny-new-pandora-here/page__view__findpost__p__32464

It's been great so far, no issues and everything I've tried has worked first time. Someone pinch me!

That's great Asmo, glad you finally got yours. The hard part for me is knowing when the day comes I actually get shipping notification, I'll still have about 2 weeks shipping wait. I think my wife is absolutely convinced I will never get it. However, I now have my eye on an affordable 32GB SD card, but cannot bring myself to buy it until I get the email.

At least the 2 weeks for shipping will give me time to organize all my files for when the Panda shows up, I am so waiting for this! Hopefully soon, as I have a lot of Summer nights coming where I will enjoy sitting under the stars watching/listening/playing stuff. Last night we got 8 inches of snow, so I can wait just a little longer :D

You do realise that once we have finished building these they then have to go to the office and be packed and shipped?

That's why although we have finished here units are still shipping - you might think it would be a simple process to ship 250 units in one day but it isn't, it takes several days.

Back