ZX Vega +

The facebook page: Retro Computers Ltd Vega Plus (Democracy !) has some interesting discussions:

Retro Computers Ltd Vega Plus (Democracy !) public group - Facebook.png

One of the posts points to this blog:

http://morcarsblog.blogspot.co.uk

None of that is particularly surprising - there's some really, really nasty guys behind a lot of the Vega+ hassles.

Yeah, it was an eye opener and a reminder that real people are the targets of comments made on the internet . Sad that his wife got harrassed while in hospital.

I hope this all works out better for everyone

Now this is getting very confusing. If only people would be consistent with their aliases.

But it's probably fair to say none of this sort would have been attracted if the project was run competently.

I really think Lee Fogarty has some comprehension issues.

Just been reading an update on the Retro Computers Ltd Vega Plus (Democracy !) facebook page regarding a photo he's posted and he doesn't understand why it may cause annoyance to some of the backers.

Flabbergasted.

Yeah, the ex-directors will probably find that useful in the extra funding for THE64... Might mean they'll actually make something (other than a 3D printed MINI case, which nobody backed).

Not sure what the source is for this, but I came across this post : https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.p...ndiegogo-fundraiser/&page=35#comment-11394546

Hmm,, if true , thats a lot of money to have to shell out in legal expenses

Looks like RCL will definitely be relying on selling pre-orders if they are to get the Vega+ completed, but with all the bad PR they have I can't see why anyone would give them any cash up front.

Yeah, the ex-directors will probably find that useful in the extra funding for THE64... Might mean they'll actually make something (other than a 3D printed MINI case, which nobody backed).

Yeah so far they haven't shown themselves to be any more competent than the remaining RCL team.

Is this dead now?

Not being on facebook I have to rely on others to post news & haven't seen anything in a while on codetapper or the indiegogo sites.

Is this the calm before the storm? Maybe production is at full steam keeping RCL busy.

Yeah it's not looking good. I don't know if they actually recovered much cash when they sued Cornerstone for sales revenue that was supposedly withheld for the Vega. Cornerstomne went into liquidation because of that , so not sure if they got anything. Also there is the debt of having to pay Andrews 52K and supposedly their own lawyers $98K. Then subtract all the money they paid Andrews and Smith for various things along the way. Then subtract Indiegogo fees and whatever salaries they have taken to date. I'm not sure that would leave enough to make them all for backers

I suppose the money coming in from Vega sales and pre-orders on their site for the Vega+ is the big unknown that could make it happen.

But it doesn't look good that they haven't completed their company accounts which have been overdue for some time now. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08831435

On a different foirum, someone posted this alleged statement from Paul andrews. No source was given .

"Both myself and Chris Smith have been asked by many people now, if the costs awarded to us on the 16th of May 2017, for the sum of £52,520.12, in the matter of the unlawful attempt to remove our shares in Retro Computers Ltd,( which we won a high court injunction over, and costs award to us) have yet been paid by the 30th of May 2017.

Despite having been served with our Bill of Costs on 19 April 2017 and having 21 days until 12 May 2017 to serve Points of Dispute (or obtain an order of court granting them an extension of time), the Defendants (RCL, Levy, Martin and Mrsic-Flogel) failed to do either of those things, but instead made an application on 12 May 2017 (now listed for hearing on 8 June 2017) for a 28 day extension based upon the totally unacceptable excuse that their solicitors were ‘too busy to get to it in time’. Consequently and entirely lawfully, we were granted a Default Costs Certificate by the court on 16 May 2017 for £52,520.12. They have now sought also to make a further application to set aside the Default Costs Certificate based upon even more flimsy arguments, and which is not listed for hearing yet. These applications by [them] are obviously no more than attempts to delay and avoid having to pay the costs due to us for as long as possible.

We are very concerned, and it is our honest opinion, that the delays now sought are indicative that Mr Levy, Ms Martin and Mr Mrsic-Flogel have almost reached the point of having exhausted the funds and assets of RCL, and that the delays are intended to allow them to liquidate or dissolve RCL and distance themselves before our costs have to be paid. This could be very damaging (not only of course to all backers whose investments will have all been dissipated by [them] without any meaningful attempt to produce the Vega Plus) but also to us. Of course we will be taking all steps to not allow this to happen. We fully intend to recover any further costs now incurred in this matter and from the hearing on the 8th of June 2017.

This short statement is made after advice from our legal representatives, and we will of course update everyone in due course."

That actually has a ring of plausibility to it. I'm still keeping my personal jury out on this one though, given the history on both sides.

I have never seen a crowdfunding campaign go south and then come back north and deliver, or give the money back.
For me, this effort is already past doomed taking everyone involved reputations to trash, including the money.

Back