$1 Pandora.

After waiting all this time and having absolutely nothing to show for it I can't bring myself to give you any money at all. not without losing my self respect any way. I might buy a T-shirt if I like the look of it and think it's worth it but that's as far as I'd go.

I will donate directly to developers and the gp32x.de forum when/if I finally get my Pandora but I won't pay a penny towards this forum or any other sites to do with OpenPandora as a business. At the end of the day these are company web sites and paying to use a companies web site or forum donating to help run a companies web site or forum just seems wrong to me for whatever the reason. Especially when it was Craig that wanted to split from gp32x.de and set up this forum in the first place.

I see this as a bit of a p*ss take in all honesty after the other ways that they've gotten money out of their supporters over the years :angry:

ED mentioned a couple pages ago that the two forums are on the same server.
I never said that they weren't and I don't have a problem with this forum being supported by me donating to the other one.

If I donate to thegp32x.de forum the money goes to ED to be spent on the running of the actual forum.

If I donate to this forum the money can be split up and paid towards whatever OpenPandora stuff Craig seems fit to spend it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
After waiting all this time and having absolutely nothing to show for it I can't bring myself to give you any money at all. not without losing my self respect any way. I might buy a T-shirt if I like the look of it and think it's worth it but that's as far as I'd go.

I will donate directly to developers and the gp32x.de forum when/if I finally get my Pandora but I won't pay a penny towards this forum or any other sites to do with OpenPandora as a business. At the end of the day these are company web sites and paying to use a companies web site or forum donating to help run a companies web site or forum just seems wrong to me for whatever the reason. Especially when it was Craig that wanted to split from gp32x.de and set up this forum in the first place.

I see this as a bit of a p*ss take in all honesty after the other ways that they've gotten money out of their supporters over the years :angry:

ED mentioned a couple pages ago that the two forums are on the same server.
I never said that they weren't and I don't have a problem with this forum being supported by me donating to the other one.

If I donate to thegp32x.de forum the money goes to ED to be spent on the running of the actual forum.

If I donate to this forum the money can be split up and paid towards whatever OpenPandora stuff Craig seems fit to spend it on.

If you donate to the gp32x.de forum, the money goes to hando, not to me.

Last edited:
We might also need an extra "I'm an investor"-icon, also an icon for people who did not donate, people who think about donating, people who will not donate for a reason, and probably also for trolls and people that are just special in a special way. Each one needs to be available in at least three different versions, in case someone does not like one of them. Anyway, with that amount of icons, nobody will know what any of these actually stand for anyway, therefore it will not split the comunity. Problem solved!

(or just forget about that stupid icons and "premium access" thing, support the project in a way you see fit (or don't) and get on with it!)

(warning: this post may contain traces of irony)

We might also need an extra "I'm an investor"-icon, also an icon for people who did not donate, people who think about donating, people who will not donate for a reason, and probably also for trolls and people that are just special in a special way. Each one needs to be available in at least three different versions, in case someone does not like one of them. Anyway, with that amount of icons, nobody will know what any of these actually stand for anyway, therefore it will not split the comunity. Problem solved!

(or just forget about that stupid icons and "premium access" thing, support the project in a way you see fit (or don't) and get on with it!)

(warning: this post may contain traces of irony)
Why should it even be electronic? I think we should all buy letter jackets and receive patches!

I just dropped the hammer on the full support. You guys have done a damned fine job working with these bs companies and dealing with unrealistic investors ( I mean customers ). I loves my Pandora...loves it. It is still a very relevant piece of tech for all the detractors it seems to generate. Cheers to the whole team and keep up the good work.

1) I agree with Exophase and Trip.

2) I'd still like to see a render, or better yet a model/sample of what this keychain looks like befor even considering the possibility of ordering one.

More details are good, too. Does it move - Hinges? Nubs? Is it fixed - open? closed?

I'm pessimistic tonight, so I'm imagining a closed Pandora case with the logo on the outside. So it's a rectangle (with a logo) with curved corners. Doesn't inspire me to want to donate nearly 40 quid.

Since the signed sticker is £22, and the keychain (which comes with the sticker) is £36, can I just pay the £14 of difference and just get the keychain?

I dont have a problem with this.Donate if you want or dont.Any exclusive info will just end up on pandora press and plastered all over the forums anyhow.Nobody will miss out.I just finished college and when i get a job soon i intend to put a huge bounty for someone to get amiga 500 and 1200 emulation nigh on perfect on the pandora.

Hideki's E-Uae project is making good progress at emulating an Aimga with Harddrive, it's very impressive, hope he gets time to continue work in it soon!(not sure if he's gotten his Pandora fixed or not yet!)

I dont have a problem with this.Donate if you want or dont.Any exclusive info will just end up on pandora press and plastered all over the forums anyhow.Nobody will miss out.I just finished college and when i get a job soon i intend to put a huge bounty for someone to get amiga 500 and 1200 emulation nigh on perfect on the pandora.

Hideki's E-Uae project is making good progress at emulating an Aimga with Harddrive, it's very impressive, hope he gets time to continue work in it soon!(not sure if he's gotten his Pandora fixed or not yet!)

Not yet - ED has it, but I think they may have fallen out in the past so it's at the back of the queue ;-)

D.

All sounds a tad harsh, hope the storm clouds between clear up soon. E-Uae does a fine desktop Amiga, just needs some polishing to make it great! And if Hideki can get A1200 emulation up and running too, that'd be the icing on the cake! :)

2) I'd still like to see a render, or better yet a model/sample of what this keychain looks like befor even considering the possibility of ordering one.

More details are good, too. Does it move - Hinges? Nubs? Is it fixed - open? closed?

I'm pessimistic tonight, so I'm imagining a closed Pandora case with the logo on the outside. So it's a rectangle (with a logo) with curved corners. Doesn't inspire me to want to donate nearly 40 quid.

Since the signed sticker is £22, and the keychain (which comes with the sticker) is £36, can I just pay the £14 of difference and just get the keychain?

You're technically not "buying" the keychain, but getting it as a thank-you gift for supporting the forums, or whatever Craig deems fit to support with the proceeds. It's not much of a "donation" if you insist on something in return, surely?

You're technically not "buying" the keychain, but getting it as a thank-you gift for supporting the forums, or whatever Craig deems fit to support with the proceeds. It's not much of a "donation" if you insist on something in return, surely?

I agree. I'm getting it only to be able to tell my friends that "Look! I got my Pandora!". Otherwise I'd only have donated :)

As somebody who has been waiting patiently for his Pandora for nearly 3 years, it's somewhat hard for me to justify donating when the information is primarily getting to me via Pandora press and important things like the premium orders don't even necessarily get any sort of announcement for those that don't haunt this forum.

I wouldn't have known at all about that had there not been a belated posting on Pandora Press that a discussion had been held.

As somebody who has been waiting for as long as I have, that sort of thing should have been sent out as an announcement. I've been subscribed to the announce list and rarely if ever do I actually receive the infrequent mailings that have been sent out.

In comparison, my pre-orders for my Retrode 2 and my XStylus Crayon have been much more consistent at various stages of the respective projects.

All sounds a tad harsh, hope the storm clouds between clear up soon. E-Uae does a fine desktop Amiga, just needs some polishing to make it great! And if Hideki can get A1200 emulation up and running too, that'd be the icing on the cake! :)
I am going to throw down a very large bounty for perfect a500 and a1200 emulation as soon as i get a job unless someone does it first then he will get the bounty.

I'm not too worried about getting things like different member icons/statuses/exclusive info, but I loved the idea of the small metal Pandora, so I had to get one.

As for the subject of Hoodies/hats/t-shirts/underwear others have talked about (well maybe not the last one), I would absolutely
DlNKU.png
to be able get a Pandora Hoodie.

Was just about to buy that "Pandora super support icon" and now I am reading on pandorapress that someone got banned for criticising here? WTF, Craig again? Won't things like that ever stop?

I for my side find a community with different opinions much more healthy than a swarm of fishes swimming directly into the mouth of the shark. Why do different opinions have to be repressed? This case discourages me from donating and that should be the opposite of what is desired, shouldn't it?

Was just about to buy that "Pandora super support icon" and now I am reading on pandorapress that someone got banned for criticising here? WTF, Craig again? Won't things like that ever stop?
Ok, something very suspicious going on there. The person posting to pandorapress about being banned claims to be Trip, and even links to a post in this thread by "Trip".

The problem is that Trip is not banned. He posts infrequently, but he has posted since his supposed ban. I'm calling hax!

Ok, something very suspicious going on there. The person posting to pandorapress about being banned claims to be Trip, and even links to a post in this thread by "Trip".

The problem is that Trip is not banned. He posts infrequently, but he has posted since his supposed ban. I'm calling hax!
No, he was definitely banned, I can confirm that.

I don't know for what reason or by whom, but EvilDragon was contacted and the ban lifted.

Back