All Orders Refunded - So What If You Didn't Get A Refund?

PoisenedV: Proof of what exactly? The fact I've "worked in small business in incredibly hectic situations"? What exactly would you require to prove that sufficiently to you?

jellmoo: Or perhaps another situation - Craig saw how the bad news was affecting those on the board and thought a little white lie would make things better... Or Craig was lied to by the two people processing the orders... and so on. Let's leave the "False Dilemma Fallacies" for religion & abortion shall we?

Chip: In case you haven't noticed, I'm not calling you a liar. I personally believe you were misled.

bent,

seriously, if you have a problem take your money and leave these forums as we don't want to hear your sob story. Respect the people that came up with this idea, or don't and be quiet. Or door three say what you want to say politely.

C'mon now, he has every right to comment and make his feelings known (he did pay for the device like the rest of us), just as Chip has every right to defend himself and the Pandora team.

I cancelled my order right at the end of November. Jaquellin sent me a reply saying she did. I still want one, but having what was $400 ($320 or so now) tied up till like February isn't cool for me right now. Still waiting on the refund, US bank, check card.

I'm guessing what he meant with all orders refunded is that its not in their account anymore? I dunno, hope it gets here soon anyways.

"Sitting on his throne of children's skulls and wringing his hands, Craig started twirling his villainous mustache..."

Candidate for a .sig if I ever saw one :)

I never found the explanation of why refunds were necessary in the first place. Got a link?

hey

I do not think craig mislead us in any way, he just told us what he knew, and that was "as far as he knows, all refunds have been sent".

I really do think this is silly, no offense. edit: I mean, you can argue all you want, but the only person who knows the answer to your question is craig, whom you obviously do not beleive, as you would have never even mentioned anything to begin with if you did, so I thinks, hehe (if it was a result of misinterpretation/understanding of the communication, then maybe you raised this issue thinking he did mislead you, and so maybe now if you understand then you would beleive, but I dunno, hehe).

another edit
Regardless, at the same time you yourself may very well have been mislead, but that may have been due to the misinterpretation/understanding of the communication.

cyas

keaft: Please point to where I was impolite... seriously.

And telling people who have paid $400+ to get this thing (Aussie dollars) to take their complaint about being(at best) "inadvertantly exaggerated to" is dandy... guaranteed to prove the OpenPandora cares about it's customers/community.

hey

You will know the devs care for you once you receive a fully working Pandora, who have done their best to catch any bugs before they get to you, where it cannot be bricked when you try and update the firmware, where higher quality parts from North America are used instead of cheaper ones from China, I can probably go on and on if I think more.

I think the whole idea of the Pandora is to get it right, and not make the same mistakes as the other devices, namely those by GPH, where I get the impression they are more into it for the $$$ rather than the product or the community, but I don't wanna start anything here.

But yea, even the extra RAM and NAND memory shows me that they have concern for us, and our use of the Pandora in the furture.

Anyhows I trust the Pandora team more than any other company, and this is very much a reason why I like to hang out here, it feels more like a community than a company to me.

cyas

jooo said:
I got the refund mail Nov 21 and waited for the refund to show up for few days. It never did so I replied to the mail and they promised to look into it. Then I went back to my bank and looked back to the day when I made the purchase and there it was. For some reason the refund had the same date even though it wasn't there earlier.
Same here. It seems the bank was using initiative by reconciling the refund with the original transaction. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
j.pickens said:
pupnik said:
I never found the explanation of why refunds were necessary in the first place. Got a link?
Read Chip's postings about 5 up from yours. Look up^^^^

Thanks for the help. I still don't understand how refunding and repaying solves anything, but "bank freaking out due to financial crisis" is somewhat of a hint.

// for those of you who are worrying about the financial crisis, take a hint and listen to the folks who were *predicting* the crisis, and stop listening to the politicians and central bankers who were spending all of 2006 denying the coming of the crisis. We're in a crash, and a giant economy takes time to crash, and these bozo asshats in government are ultimately the cause of it. To learn more about real economics, visit http://lewrockwell.com and http://mises.org -- otherwise you'll just be mislead again and again by the TV and Press. //

pupnik said:
I still don't understand how refunding and repaying solves anything,
Original bank refused to allow use of funds, so the Pandora team had to coordinate a refund with the orders to liquidate the locked payments. They opened a new account (or accounts) at a different bank, which is where the repayments go to.

Just got my refund email today...
Live in Israel, used Credit Card... bummer...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the re-order page to come online, like everyone else...

Makes you wonder if they're going to correct the "All Refunds Sent" thread anytime soon doesn't it. I mean, it's obvious now that they weren't all sent when it was posted, and weren't yesterday.

centus said:
Live in Israel, used Credit Card... bummer...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the re-order page to come online, like everyone else...
Just received mine as well... :(

Live in Western USA, paid with Credit Card... I guess the All Clear hasn't been sounded yet...

BenT said:

Makes you wonder if they're going to correct the "All Refunds Sent" thread anytime soon doesn't it. I mean, it's obvious now that they weren't all sent when it was posted, and weren't yesterday.
No, actually, it does not.
I never took that as a sign it was all over and done with, Craig said it was not up to them to decide when it was over, but rather up to the bank.
I always have and still do, have complete confidence in these guys, if I didn't I would never have pre-ordered in the first place, and if doubt ever came around, I could have easily canceled my order.

No, I have nothing bad to say, I know it sucks, I'm there, but it is all part of being an early adopter at such a shitty time for new stuff...

you remember the comment about the delay between the Pandora team sending refund requests and the bank acting on them?

so Craig says

yes...WE have sent all the refund requests

but how long does it take the bank to get them all processed? are they still plodding through em?

my personal theory is, the manager at the bank was an idjit, wouldn`t back down from his original position when he stopped the withdrawls, lost Craigs account and the Pandora cash over it, and is dragging out the refunds in the hopes that head office doesn`t notice he just lost them a major customer, an instant refund to everyone would show as an obvious spike in the figures, if you drag it out the numbers get lost amongst the normal transactions...thats my theory.

(Disclaimer: I have a low opinion of bankers, IMO they are only one letter removed from what they really are b>w)

Western Canada here.

I got my refund just today.... Ugh.

I was originally charged: 437.73
I got refunded back: 375.22

I only have to pay 375.22, right?

Also, which page do I go to reorder using credit card?

Hanlon's Razor:
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”

lobski said:
I was originally charged: 437.73
I got refunded back: 375.22

I only have to pay 375.22, right?
Correct, or something very close to it.

Also, which page do I go to reorder using credit card?

It's not up yet, we're all just waiting for it to go live with the new bank.

Back