All Refunds Not Sent Yet

This is starting to get unfair.
He has been banned and still bashing him now doesn't feel right to me.

mali said:
He has been banned and still bashing him now doesn't feel right to me.
It's only a 24-hour suspension to cool down. But yeah, no sense talking about him any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
zeropro said:
Why is it that all you brits, aussies etc. think that those of us from the US, I guess in particular me; have no experience ordering things from over seas? Its a dubious assessment and more an insult.

For the record I order on a weekly basis from three non-US vendors for various goods and the exchange rate is never a bit of contention. What happens with them is they keep my USD as USD until my products are delivered. Makes sense right? Then they can convert them to local currency upon completion of the sale.
Now waiting on the next insult from Chip........

Yes, that's called "making you a favour", charging you actually more to cover the risk of exchange rate fluctuation as the risk is taken by them (but as this risk is usually lower than the profit they make on charging you more, they win).

Doesn't really matter to me if "they win". At some point in the transaction i agreed to the price they were selling it for, the profit they make is the point of doing business lol

I got my email on 4/12 and checked my account and got my refund today 10/12.. not bad going all things considered.

Oh yeh I'm based in NZ, so not sure where that puts me on the list (probably somewhere down the bottom maybe..)

Trying to decipher what is going to happen is a bit confusing among all the mess being posted.

But long and short, I got my e-mail and I got my refund. But I have zero clue how to do a international wire transfer, or will there be some other way to do this transaction?

:huh:

Bigun said:
Trying to decipher what is going to happen is a bit confusing among all the mess being posted.

But long and short, I got my e-mail and I got my refund. But I have zero clue how to do a international wire transfer, or will there be some other way to do this transaction?

:huh:
You could print out the mail and go to your local bank with it. All info needed by the bank is in the mail and the amount for re-ordering is the amount you have been re-funded. Or you can wait for the CC re-order site to re-order via CC. The CC site will be opened, when all re-funds have been finished.

mali said:
You could print out the mail and go to your local bank with it. All info needed by the bank is in the mail and the amount for re-ordering is the amount you have been re-funded. Or you can wait for the CC re-order site to re-order via CC. The CC site will be opened, when all re-funds have been finished.
Gravy.. ETA on refunds?

Received the refund today(over two weeks to get here) for $620.80(419.817GBP). I paid initially $749.14. That extra exchange fee of $1.50 I got zinged with is missing. I also contacted my bank for wire transfer and the fee was a modest $45 so that elusive CC order page is my only option.

Strange thing though is I originally paid 419.97GBP on my order and that converts today to $623.99. Does anyone know why i'm also out that mysterious $3 difference in my refund? Is it that over two weeks of waiting for the refunded money after the refund email causing the decrease?

rmm21 said:
Strange thing though is I originally paid 419.97GBP on my order and that converts today to $623.99. Does anyone know why i'm also out that mysterious $3 difference in my refund? Is it that over two weeks of waiting for the refunded money after the refund email causing the decrease?
There's usually another fee when converting in either direction, so you would have been charged the fee twice...I'd be happy if it was only $3, it was around $10 each time for me. :(

Tom` said:
rmm21 said:
There's usually another fee when converting in either direction, so you would have been charged the fee twice...I'd be happy if it was only $3, it was around $10 each time for me. :(

well if it makes you feel any better i get hit with a % value each way from my bank .. i think they figure it out somehow once a month or something cause its never the same.

Ok! I'm happy to report that I received my refund in my bank account today! I'm a U.S. citizen. Now I'm ready to re-order as soon as that credit card page goes back up!

rmm21 said:
One reason could be that not everyone uses the same exchange rate, even on the same day. For example, Paypal's exchange rate is always 1-3% different from that on xe.com (in their favor, obviously). There are also different rates for buying and for selling for many banks. It all adds up to huge profit for them.

Got the email on November 26 and the refund on Dec. 8.

A little late, but thanks. The money's heading right back at ya when the CC reorder page goes up.

GunPei2X said:
One reason could be that not everyone uses the same exchange rate, even on the same day. For example, Paypal's exchange rate is always 1-3% different from that on xe.com (in their favor, obviously). There are also different rates for buying and for selling for many banks. It all adds up to huge profit for them.

and of course it means they can plaster huge advertisements stating "0% Commission!" and "We don't charge for converting currency". A lot of people don't notice the widely different exchange rates.

Got my refund today. With the exchange rate difference it went from $353usd to $293usd which is about what I was calculating, so just need to wait for the CC site to come up and I am ready to reorder. :)

Interesting note: My bank refunded the rate fee which was discounted as well. Paid $8 originally and they refunded $7.

eridium said:
Got my refund today. With the exchange rate difference it went from $353usd to $293usd which is about what I was calculating, so just need to wait for the CC site to come up and I am ready to reorder. :)

Interesting note: My bank refunded the rate fee which was discounted as well. Paid $8 originally and they refunded $7.
I also got $293 back... I'm hoping that's what I'll have to pay when the reorder comes up, because if not, I'm out $70.

eridium said:

Looks like a % charge.

Back