Basic website

Askarua is right. On a mobile device this deaign really shines :)

There's a small typo on the team part of the site

http://www.pyra-handheld.com/team.html

Many other members from the Pandora community like skeezix, DJWillis, sebt3, ptitseb, lunixbochs, etc. have already told me they'd be interested in helping out with coding software especially for the Pyre (i.e. configuration dialogues, OpenGL Wrapper, launchers, etc.) or porting and optimizing software along the way.
These are not forgotten - but they'll be added as soon as more information and tasks are given out. And that probably won't happen before prototypes are ready :)

Brrt! The blog needs javascript enabled
Why does the blog need Javascript? Esp' when I temporarily enable it, I just get - as expected - a piece of text.

Because it's directly pulled in from the forum software. I think you can also make it via a div, but there was some issue doing that.

Ah, okay. So really, I don't need to follow the blog, because I'll be on the forum :)

Really good start for a design, and responsive too!

Some points:

1) Footer font needs correcting, it's messy! You've got Arial body text and Verdana footer- both could be substituted by a nicer web-embeddable font like roboto sans

2) Title font is awful. Sorry. It is. A minor improvement would be to make it 22px and light, instead of bold.

3) p {line-height:150%;}

4) Surely the blog can be slurped up using PHP instead of Javascript? ( there's always a way! )

5) Drop the box around the website and bring the footer/hero panel to 100% width with the content column centered

6) "Welcome to the development website of the DragonBox Pyra." could stand to be larger and include "handheld linux computer"

The clear, readable, "Pyra" at the top of this site is better than any of the logo efforts to date. Could use a tag-line that explains the product on its own merits, though, such as "The open linux handheld".

Hi! I don't know if this is still relevant, but here are my thoughts:

1) Footer font needs correcting, it's messy! You've got Arial body text and Verdana footer- both could be substituted by a nicer web-embeddable font like roboto sans
I agree, the footer font needs correction. I also don't like the font for "Legal Info / Impressum" / copyright. But I think Arial for body text is OK.

2) Title font is awful. Sorry. It is. A minor improvement would be to make it 22px and light, instead of bold.
I agree.

I think the text "Successor of the OpenPandora" in the logo should be in a better readable font, too.

I also don't like, that the page mixes true red (background gradient) with a red tone that is going toward pink (active link in footer navigation).

@_wb_ community page has wrong nav links marked as active.
This seems to be still broken (header navigation). If you go to "Support us" the footer navigation is broken.

Back