Batch 2

BCable

Since it sounds like batch 1 might be coming out in May sometime, I was just curious how long you guys think it will be until batch 2 comes out?

I'm somewhere between 1600-1700 so I was just curious when to expect it :)

Heh, I was going to tell you to use the search feature, but Prometheus is right - if you preordered already, you're in batch one.

You're basically in the middle of the batch...so maybe late April to early May?

I think he meant of the sub-batches, since only 700-1000 are made first, and honestly do any of you believe that the other 3000 will follow without a delay?

Fair chance no major delays for the following sections of batch 1, as there is no real reason to delay making sure the parts are made while assembling the first section assuming they find nothing else to fault and cause delays.

So, I would expect no major delays.

rabidpoobear said:
I think he meant of the sub-batches, since only 700-1000 are made first, and honestly do any of you believe that the other 3000 will follow without a delay?
I didn't think of that, to be honest - I'm too used to "batch two" meaning the second batch, and not sub-batches, I guess. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Korlithiel said:
Fair chance no major delays for the following sections of batch 1, as there is no real reason to delay making sure the parts are made while assembling the first section assuming they find nothing else to fault and cause delays.

So, I would expect no major delays.

I'm prepared to say july.

I'm likely within the first 700, and supposing any major delays and I'm not (within the first 700) I'm prepared to go for a refund and get a Droid. This because I've long grown tired of waiting, and see that the Droid would likely cover a number of the reasons why I was interested in the Pandora in the first place as well as offer some novel features to off-set the losses.

Infos to the _real_ 2nd batch can be found in my sig. For lurkers and people with disabled sig-view:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51592-the-second-batch-info-thread/

Glad to know I'm in the first official batch, and also that there will be minimal delay! I had just been reading about all the posts about 1000 of X has been ordered, etc so I just assumed that I was on the second batch.

Korlithiel said:
I'm likely within the first 700, and supposing any major delays and I'm not (within the first 700) I'm prepared to go for a refund and get a Droid. This because I've long grown tired of waiting, and see that the Droid would likely cover a number of the reasons why I was interested in the Pandora in the first place as well as offer some novel features to off-set the losses.

I have a G1 and if you seriously think the Droid solves the same problems you need then I'd switch now if I were you. The Pandora and the Droid have very little in common, especially when it comes to gaming.

Also, if you want to know where you are in the queue, email openpandorasales@gmail.com with your order number and they'll respond with your position, which is why I know where I am.

Prometheus said:
rabidpoobear said:
I didn't think of that, to be honest - I'm too used to "batch two" meaning the second batch, and not sub-batches, I guess. :lol:

Yea I think he means batch 1.2 really :p

I'm beginning to get very excited about the Pandora. Seems like it's near completion for real now :).

^ When more Community devs got their Pandoras, the beta starts and when I get my 2nd batch Pandora, it'll be 1.0 :lol:

just joking around ;)

Wade-newb said:
I'm beginning to get very excited about the Pandora. Seems like it's near completion for real now :) .

Oh give me a break. People come along and say thins every couple of months.

There's nothing to indicate that we'll be getting our Ps any time soon All we've had is a picture of some parts hanging around in a warehouse which may or may not have been shipped and some noises that the cases should have been shipped by the end of last week...

Wade-newb said:
I'm beginning to get very excited about the Pandora. Seems like it's near completion for real now :) .

yeah. at most 2 more months :)

While waiting for the Pandora you can either be a pessimist or an optimist. I like to be an optimist. Not because I'll get my Pandora any quicker but the journey has been nicer for me than for the pessemists :p

Back