Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no dreamcast or N64 emulation (at least not full speed N64).

A system which could do that would be way too expensive to make currently.

Have you thought about where the headphone jack will be located? If not, please choose carefully.

Megagun said:
Really though, why all the below-radar talk about this? Why not just show off a screenshot (perhaps blurred to disguise the hardware, so that any clones won't come around) and give us some more and detailed information?
That's not the point of all this. Take a look - 52 pages and growing rapidly. This is to whip up the buying public into a frenzy, and to gauge the number of potential sales/general response of the hardcore that already have a gp2x. You can guarantee that if they'd only managed a 2 page "meh" response, then the project would probably have been canned pretty quickly.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
No Vibration, no camera. We are trying to keep it as simple as we can, we don't want a Gizmondo on our hands here!

We thought a long time about GPS but don't think we will bother, there isn't any open GPS software or maps.
I don't care about camera and gps.

Vibration is good for a console. It's about games.
Really is it a great cost? :rolleyes:

Wow, I leave for a week, and look at what happens. Awesome.

The 2x had several weaknesses that saw it replaced relatively quickly as my go-to hand-held. I have every confidence CraigX and ED can do a better job.

Here's hoping it's like a N800 with game controls and, more importantly, game devs.

Color me excited!

JaqMs said:
Have you thought about where the headphone jack will be located? If not, please choose carefully.
Word just came in. There will be three different headphone jacks for different jack sizes and they will all be on the top just for you.

Creature XL said:
I just meassured for ya: 30.5 seconds from switch on to gpmenu2x. How many secs are used to laod gpmenu2x
Then I suggest you look at Open2X :)

Oh, and I just measured also: just under 15 seconds from switch on to menu. I suggest you upgrade your firmware.

Dunny said:
That's not the point of all this. Take a look - 52 pages and growing rapidly. This is to whip up the buying public into a frenzy, and to gauge the number of potential sales/general response of the hardcore that already have a
Who started this topic? I rest my case :D

Bah, I give up :p

For the record, and for the people who can't be bothered to read posts properly, Creature XL was talking about GP2X startup time, and I was talking about Open2X on the GP2X :p

What's a ballpark price for this? All hardware, etc considered, will I need to pawn my possesions to buy one?

I've not seen very accurate price details. A bit more expensive than the gp2x, but not that much.

Alex. said:
mrsnature said:
...lots of ppl ranting about how terrible it is to abandon the gp2x.. because when the new system is out every gp2x will suddenly fail to work...
Well it's not like the GP32 flourished after the GP2X came along.

I do however have a feeling that the GP2X will be one of those systems that will never go away for years to come in terms of homebrew releases.

lets hope it. Look at the GP32. Most devs bought a GP2X and left there softs alone. Would be very interesting if Zod and Exophase contiune with gpSP for GP2x when they can compile it for the new machine and get 0FS fullspeed :)

ahh.. when I remember correctly, MAME was continued by someone other. So there is hope :)

b_o_b said:
I've not seen very accurate price details. A bit more expensive than the gp2x, but not that much.
£175/$350 I reckon, looking at the specs/situation. Pure speculation of course, but then so's most of the rest of this thread :)

fishybawb said:
b_o_b said:
£175/$350 I reckon, looking at the specs/situation. Pure speculation of course, but then so's most of the rest of this thread :)

Ah, that's not as bad as I'd imagined. I'd be happy to pay that on launch, though I'd hope that it wouldnt be riddled with as much troubles as GP2x Launch. Can we vote on a name? Please!

fishybawb said:
b_o_b said:

It's more than a wild guess, could be something like that. I think that's a great price and very competitive.

Xmoon said:
Vibration is good for a console. It's about games.
Really is it a great cost? :rolleyes:
Vibration might not be a great cost in money, but it is a great cost on your batteries. It also means moving parts, which break a lot quicker than non-moving parts, and vibration also brings greater stress on the rest of the system - Something that shakes about will break quicker than something which lays still.

Vibration is also irritating. But that is beside the point here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back