Faster delivery upgrade-Information (2012-03-06)

Is submitting the upgrade binding? I said to myself that I am willing to pay 100€ a view days ago which turns out is the minimum. I ordered end of Oct. 09 which puts me at the end of batch 1. That also means that I am one of the original preorders who gets the pandora very late. If a lot of them upgrade and I still have to wait like 3 months an than get an email like "your pandora is ready, please pay the upgrade fee" than I am not willing to pay the upgraded price. Also this would be interesting:

If we paid the extra (which I agree should be lower for batch 1 compared to batch 2 because of the longer wait, but hey, what do I know), do we jump in front of those who paid in full after October 2011, but still have yet to receive their units?

Any guestimate when those will ship, assuming I act fast(er than most)?

Done. Looks like my original order was on 2008-10-04, evidently I dithered over it a bit.

Does this apply for Craig's preorders as well EvilDragon? I would like to give you the upgrade money now, but wait for you to switch over to the new SoC before I receive it. Is that a possibility? Thanks.

Ok - so; erm yeh.

I ordered in Feb 2009. If I pledge to pay for an upgraded classic pre-order, I still have to wait longer than those ordering now?

Confused.com

Does this apply for Craig's preorders as well EvilDragon? I would like to give you the upgrade money now, but wait for you to switch over to the new SoC before I receive it. Is that a possibility? Thanks.
There' a shop choice in the form.

My only concern is that VAT is applied regardless of the purchasers location. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure only those in the EU are subject to VAT. North America wouldn't have to pay it and you shouldn't have to forward it on, or so it seems to me. That's the way it's always been when I order from other countries, anyway: no tax, unless it gets taxed duty when crossing the border.

My only concern is that VAT is applied regardless of the purchasers location. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure only those in the EU are subject to VAT. North America wouldn't have to pay it and you shouldn't have to forward it on, or so it seems to me. That's the way it's always been when I order from other countries, anyway: no tax, unless it gets taxed duty when crossing the border.

Yes, and that's the way it is here as well.

You only need to pay VAT if you're living within the EU, that's why I included both prices in the list.

There's. No. New. SoC.

Goodness gracious me.*

*not what I was actually thinking

Let's shout this from the mountain side. They brought/paid for thousands of SOCs and they need to finish a bunch of batches to finish off the stock.. so full steam ahead on the OMAP3530.

WizardStan dont you guys pay any tax in the usa?

Yes, we pay sales tax. There are now a few states doing a NEXUS tax, where as sales tax is to be paid on everything imported into the state. Sales tax depends on state and local juridiction (county/city tax).

People buying things at wholesale and not selling them are also responsible for paying a sales and use tax, which is basically just the sales tax paid on the wholesale purchase. Goods going from one wholesaler to another are generally not subject to sales tax. Sales tax is paid when purchasing an item at a store and online (normally if in same state, or when a business has a physical entity also based in state of purchase.).

Certain items are upon import are subject to taxes/duties, but it depends on the items code in the HSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you be allowed to purchase something online from another country without paying some sort of tax? that doesnt sound too fair to me :p

Yes, and that's the way it is here as well.

You only need to pay VAT if you're living within the EU, that's why I included both prices in the list.
OH! Ok. Sorry, I misunderstood the drop down. Now that you've pointed it out I get it.

WizardStan dont you guys pay any tax in the usa?
Most states do have tax on goods that are purchased in that state. If you order something from a different state to be shipped, you pay the tax of the destination state, not the origin state. As mentioned, a few states have abolished sales tax in favour of a larger income tax. If I order something from overseas, frequently it is subject to an import duty, a tax that is applied at the border and added to the delivery cost. Not everything has duty, and some things have duty far in excess of what the tax would have been if bought locally; the rules are weird sometimes.

Also I'm Canadian. :p The same thing applies though.

I wonder how many of the upgrades are out of frustration due to the wait compared to wanting to donate more to the project.

Back