Finally got my Pandora!

#1 GameMaster

Website
Visit site
I received it this Monday and got to mess with it some Tuesday since I had to work forever on Monday. I played some games and tried a few apps too. I can say this for sure I really love it and was just really starting to use it when I went to pop in my second SD card to try it out and the card didn't click it just popped back out, so I tried it again and it just popped out it again :angry: so unfortunately it seems like it will need to be sent back and fixed. :(

For a quick summery of my experience with it though. I actually liked using the nubs as the mouse. (would like to get a screen protector before using the stylus to much which as for my stylus it was a little hard to get out but loosened up after a few times of pulling it out) The nubs were different (not as stiff) than any other I had used before at first I didn't know what to think but I eventually decided that they work very well. I didn't have a single problem with any of my keys, D-pad, casing, or buttons. The only other thing that bothered me with mine was the volume wheel clicking because it's to close to the case but I could live with that. So it was definitely worth the wait to get it, but it seems that I'll have another wait ahead of me since SD card slot 2 doesn't work. :(

Huh, first time I heard of one of the SD slots going out. I think it was talked about before and it is pretty standard part, can get them anywhere. Not that I'm saying try to fix it yourself but it is not something to worry about for future buyers as getting it replaced isn't an impossible part to find years and years from now. getting it fixed when out of warranty shouldn't be impossible.

thats brutal! however, unless OPT has a new 1 to be shipped right away, use only 1 sd card and wait till its almost instant return? this is purely optional

If I had the abilltiy to and the know how I would probably fix it myself (just because I don't want to send it back since I just got it) but I don't. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I would send them an e-mail and ask what would be the best time to send them back. It seems that people that do that have a lot less time waiting for their new units. I think they send the RMAs out in waves so if you send it back when they don't have any units to send out as RMAs you'll wait longer.

Also, the first one still works so you can use it until they say 'send it on in', you just won't have the second slot while you use this one.

RMA just means 'Return merchandise authorization', meaning it was a defective product that needs to be fixed by the company because it is still under warranty. Well, and the authorization part, but I'm sure the OP team will authorize it.

You will get a new unit, your broken one will be fixed and sold on ebay as a refurbished unit. Or maybe not, your problem might be minor enough that anyone with basic soldering skills can fix so Craig might have someone fix it and send it right out to you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
That'd be nice since nothing else on my unite really bothers me but I guess it's for them to decide either way as long as something don't happen like that when I get it back I'll be happy.

Yeah, I don't know, if nothing else is wrong on the unit maybe you should ask them if you can just have your unit fixed and your unit sent back to you. You kinda run the lottery on sending your unit back that only has one flaw. Some people have sent their units back 4 or 5 times and each time the new unit has one thing that was not wrong with the one before.

It is up to the OP team though, it might be easier for them to send you a new unit rather than fixing yours, keeping track of it, and sending you the exact same one back.

Well I can live with some errors but the SD card slot is just one of them that I can't because that was one of the key features on it to me because I figured use one for games and the second for media' I'd like it if that was something that they could just fix on mine because that's the only issue I have with it, but what ever is best for them I guess.

I've never seen a fault like that before, I assume you tried multiple SD cards and the slot is just springing them back out?

I received it this Monday and got to mess with it some Tuesday since I had to work forever on Monday. I played some games and tried a few apps too. I can say this for sure I really love it and was just really starting to use it when I went to pop in my second SD card to try it out and the card didn't click it just popped back out, so I tried it again and it just popped out it again :angry: so unfortunately it seems like it will need to be sent back and fixed. :(

Mine did that when I first got it. A little bit more pressure (not too much) got the card to click into place and since then it's worked fine.

Mine did that when I first got it. A little bit more pressure (not too much) got the card to click into place and since then it's worked fine.

+1

Similar experience here, not with a Pandora but a canon digi camera.

I've never seen a fault like that before, I assume you tried multiple SD cards and the slot is just springing them back out?
Yep I tried 4 different cards, 3 different brands and nothing changed. As to Dave1234's suggestion I had tried that because I had a similar problem with an old MP3 player but I didn't have any success with my Pandora all it managed to do was make my SD card get stuck and it still didn't read. I did manage to get my card back out with some needle nosed pliers thankfully and then it just went back to popping them back out. I did send an E-mail though but have yet to receive a reply yet. Is this not a good time to try and get this taken care of or will I be able to get it taken care of soon because this is definitely the device I've been waiting for. :D

You can use it for a while before returning it if you want to. It might be a good idea as we are crazy busy trying to ship hundreds of units right now.

I can't imagine how the port won't work, maybe the spring mechanism is broken, strange, usually as people have said they come to life. Nothing is trapped in there?

For a quick summery of my experience with it though. I actually liked using the nubs as the mouse. (would like to get a screen protector before using the stylus to much which as for my stylus it was a little hard to get out but loosened up after a few times of pulling it out) The nubs were different (not as stiff) than any other I had used before at first I didn't know what to think but I eventually decided that they work very well. I didn't have a single problem with any of my keys, D-pad, casing, or buttons. The only other thing that bothered me with mine was the volume wheel clicking because it's to close to the case but I could live with that. So it was definitely worth the wait to get it, but it seems that I'll have another wait ahead of me since SD card slot 2 doesn't work. :(

this happened to me once - but only once. Have you tried unscrewing and removing the back and giving it a try so you can be sure nothing is obscuring the sd card spring mechanism?

You can use it for a while before returning it if you want to. It might be a good idea as we are crazy busy trying to ship hundreds of units right now.

I can't imagine how the port won't work, maybe the spring mechanism is broken, strange, usually as people have said they come to life. Nothing is trapped in there?
Yeah that's what I'm guessing to is that the spring mechanism in it is broke. I tried blowing some air into it and nothing changed and from what I can see it don't appear to have anything down inside of it.

It happened to me. The card was stuck in but still working. So I decided to see if anything else was going to go wrong as I could always just use USB transfer to populate it. Away a week or so later it just popped out on its own and its been fine since.

Back