Gmenu2x 0.10 Test 1

DarkScale

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
There is a new version of GMenu2X just released today.

New in 0.10 ----------- New translations: Basque, Catalan, Turkish Added support for the touchscreen Added support for f200 battery Added internal explorer that can launch .gpu .gpe and .sh files Added graphic indicators for switching sections Added on screen help (keep pressed A, only on the main screen at the moment) Cpu clock raised when loading manuals Added support for bmp and jpg/jpeg files for manuals Added preview of images when selecting icons Added option to show the root folder in the selection dialogs Fixed bug that prevented the use of the custom selected wallpaper on restart Lots of fixes

Source: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmenu2x/

YAY! Touchscreen support! :D

Holy crap, this is awesome news. Looks like there are some tasty fixes in there!

[edit] Hang on, is this intended for public consumption yet? DarkScale, you said in the v0.9 beta thread that you couldn’t get the touch screen working?

touchscreen isn't working for me. also the increasing the clock speed when opening a manual seems to mess things up. would be nice to have an option to turn it off.

still looks nice besides that. nice to be able to directly launch an application from gmenu explorer.

Firmware 4.0.0 needs clock at ~160Mhz or so for touchscreen to function properly. So Clock Speed for Gmenu2x will need to be set to at least that in the options screen... Not sure if that is the issue, but it's a pretty good possibility...

Coder_TimT said:
Firmware 4.0.0 needs clock at ~160Mhz or so for touchscreen to function properly. So Clock Speed for Gmenu2x will need to be set to at least that in the options screen... Not sure if that is the issue, but it's a pretty good possibility...
If you're right about that I'll send you a muffin basket. I just went to adjust it, as soon as I wound the clock up my batteries died. I put my other pair in, and realised I'd forgotten to charge them. They died at the exact same point.

Now I have to wait until tonight to find out. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Coder_TimT said:
If you're right about that I'll send you a muffin basket. I just went to adjust it, as soon as I wound the clock up my batteries died. I put my other pair in, and realised I'd forgotten to charge them. They died at the exact same point.

I always carry 4 sets of batteries. Let this be a lesson.

Gruso said:
Coder_TimT said:

I doubt your batteries were at fault; they may even have a good amount of charge left. :p

It seems to be a bug in GMenu2X. If you try to change the clock speed of the GMenu2X, it will most likely cause it to crash and make the screen slowly fade to white. This also happens when viewing the manuals as the clock speed is throttled.

The touchscreen works. I manually edited the configuration file to increase the clock speed. It is a nice addition, but unfortunately, it kind of feels tacked on... You won't be able to fully navigate just by using the touchscreen, as some functions and menus are not accessible in touchscreen. GMenu2X was designed with F-100 in mind, touchscreen cannot be implemented in some areas as it would mean overhauling them to accommodate touchscreen.

Manjuu said:
I doubt your batteries were at fault; they may even have a good amount of charge left. :p

It seems to be a bug in GMenu2X. If you try to change the clock speed of the GMenu2X, it will most likely cause it to crash and make the screen slowly fade to white. This also happens when viewing the manuals as the clock speed is throttled.

The touchscreen works. I manually edited the configuration file to increase the clock speed. It is a nice addition, but unfortunately, it kind of feels tacked on... You won't be able to fully navigate just by using the touchscreen, as some functions and menus are not accessible in touchscreen. GMenu2X was designed with F-100 in mind, touchscreen cannot be implemented in some areas as it would mean overhauling them to accommodate touchscreen.
The news is "wrong" because this version of gmenu is a test version. (here the italian thread: http://www.gp2xita.com/community/index.php?topic=2501.0 )
It is "normal" that you won't able to fully navigate.
The clock issue seems to be a problem with the sdl library and we can use a text edit to workaround this.

Gruso said:
Ah, cheeky little bug. Can you point me to what you edited? Can I do it in a text editor?
Open the "gmenu2x.conf" with a text editor, and edit the "menuClock" setting.

EDIT: You might need to generate the "gmenu2x.conf" first by saving a setting change.

noldor73 said:
The news is "wrong" because this version of gmenu is a test version. (here the italian thread: http://www.gp2xita.com/community/index.php?topic=2501.0 )

I thought as much. No worries, I'm happy doing some unofficial testing (having Explorer is worth it!). DarkScale, you jumped the gun, you jumper of guns. Thx for the heads up though. ;)

Manjuu - cheers. That's the file I went looking for, but of course it didn't exist yet. Sorted now.

As you all already discovered this is a test version and it contains *KNOWN* bugs, and touchscreen support is still missing in a few areas.

The "screen fading" bug is caused by the sdl libs that I used for the binary. They seem to make impossible to adjust the clock when the video is initialized (or something like that). Using an old version I don't have this problem. (I would like to solve this if anyone can point me out to some solution)

To make the touchscreen work you have to set the clock to at least (in my case) 136Mhz, but you have to do it editing gmenu2x.conf manually.

Also it may not be totally clear that you need to "double-click" the links icons to launch them.

Thanks for the heads up, Ryo. B)

The new additions, like the explorer, are great!

Hope to see the problem sorted out. Thanks for this great app, and keep it up. :)

Very good to see a new Version of Gmenu2x. Good work so far, Ryo!

Regards,
Stephan

So, I have this problem where when i press select, the menu pops-up, but closes again quickly, so i can't create links to my apps. Is anyone else having this problem?

one thing that I've wanted to see changed for a while is that when the bottom row is filled and i press down on the last link it just stays there instead of going back to the top. not a big deal but kind of annoying. hope you know what i mean if not i'll try to explain it better.

Been a while since I've used my GP2X, so I decided to update it to the 4.0.0 firmware. (It's an F-100, not a Mk2)

It's still a very nice app, however I'm noticing that on the GP2X (on 4.0.0 at least), when the application is set to automatically start up, it's extremely bright, like the gamma has been ramped up extremely high, whereas if I start it manually, I don't seem to have that issue. Both times I'm using the included autorun.gpu.

I recall having this issue one time before with gmenu2x in the past, but that was only after I ran and exited some applications, not when I first started it. Anybody else having this issue?

Back