Gmenu2x V0.8 Released

Eh, whatever language - was simply thinking of ease of cross platform recompiling on future (potential) version changes, as you picked up :).

Took me a while to try the latest version, but it's wonderful. The manual addition is a stroke of genius!

And yeah, I notice the flickering too, but that's okay. Thanks again Ryo.

I've almost finished the translations support for next release, so if there is anyone there willing to contribute translations in languages other than italian, please do it ASAP so that I will add it in next release.

This is the actual strings list for italian translation. This list should grow a little before release but it's safe to start translating them now.

Code:
Settings=Impostazioni
Configure GMenu2X's options=Configura le opzioni di GMenu2X
Activate Usb on SD=Attiva USB sulla SD
Activate Usb on Nand=Attiva USB sulla Nand
Info about GMenu2X=Informazioni su GMenu2X
About=Informazioni
Add section=Aggiungi sezione
Rename section=Rinomina sezione
Delete section=Elimina sezione
Scan for applications and games=Cerca applicazioni e giochi
applications=applicazioni
Edit link=Elimina link
Title=Titolo
Link title=Titolo link
Description=Descrizione
Link description=Descrizione link
Section=Sezione
The section this link belongs to=La sezione alla quale appartiene questo link
Icon=Icona
Select an icon for the link=Seleziona un'icona per il link
Manual=Manuale
Select a graphic/textual manual or a readme=Seleziona un manuale grafico/testuale o un readme
Cpu clock frequency to set when launching this link=Clock della cpu da impostare quando si lancia questo link
Volume to set for this link=Volume da impostare per questo link
Parameters=Parametri
Parameters to pass to the application=Parametri da passare all'applicazione
Selector Directory=Directory del selettore
Directory to scan for the selector=Directory da utilizzare con il selettore
Selector Browser=Browser del selettore
Allow the selector to change directory=Permetti al selettore di cambiare directory
Selector Filter=Filtro del selettore
Filter for the selector (Separate values with a comma)=Filtro per il selettore (Separa i valori con virgola)
Selector Screenshots=Screenshot del selettore
Directory of the screenshots for the selector=Directory contenente gli screenshot per il selettore
Selector Aliases=Alias del selettore
File containing a list of aliases for the selector=File contenente una lista di alias per il selettore
Explicitly relaunch GMenu2X after this link's execution ends=Rilancia esplicitamente GMenu2X dopo l'esecuzione del link
Don't Leave=Non lasciare
Don't quit GMenu2X when launching this link=Non terminare GMenu2X quando viene lanciato questo link
Save last selection=Salva ultima selezione
Save the last selected link and section on exit=Salva l'ultimo link e sezione usati quando si esce
Clock for GMenu2X=Clock per GMenu2X
Set the cpu working frequency when running GMenu2X=Imposta la frequenza di lavoro per GMenu2X
Maximum overclock=Overclock massimo
Set the maximum overclock for launching links=Imposta il volume massimo per i link
Global Volume=Volume globale
Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard=Imposta il volume standard per la gp2x
Output logs=Log dell'output
Logs the output of the links. Use the Log Viewer to read them.=Tiene traccia dell'output dei link. Usa il Visualizzatore di Log per leggerlo.
Number of columns=Numero di colonne
Set the number of columns of links to display on a page=Imposta il numero di colonne di link da visualizzare in una pagina
Number of rows=Numero di righe
Set the number of rows of links to display on a page=Imposta il numero di righe di link da visualizzare in una pagina
Top Bar Color=Colore barra superiore
Color of the top bar=Colore della barra superiore
Bottom Bar Color=Colore barra inferiore
Color of the bottom bar=Colore della barra inferiore
Selection Color=Colore selezione
Color of the selection and other interface details=Colore della selezione e altri dettagli dell'interfaccia
You should disable Usb Networking to do this.=Dovresti disattivare le impostazioni di rete per farlo.
Operation not permitted.=Operazione non consentita.
Language=Lingua
Set the language used by GMenu2X=Imposta la lingua usata da GMenu2X

PS: Thanks to halo9 for his donation.

Code:
Settings=Configurations
Configure GMenu2X's options=Configurer les options de GMenu2X
Activate Usb on SD=Activer l'Usb sur la SD
Activate Usb on Nand=Activer l'Usb sur la Nand
Info about GMenu2X=Information sur GMenu2X
About=A propos de
Add section=Ajouter une section
Rename section=Renommer une section
Delete section=Supprimer une section
Scan for applications and games=Rechercher des applications et des jeux
applications=applications
Edit link=Editer un lien
Title=Titre
Link title=Titre du lien
Description=Description
Link description=Description du lien
Section=Section
The section this link belongs to=La section à laquelle appartient ce lien
Icon=Icône
Select an icon for the link=Selectionner une icône pour le lien
Manual=Manuel
Select a graphic/textual manual or a readme=Selectionner un manuel graphique/textuel ou un readme
Cpu clock frequency to set when launching this link=Fréquence d'horloge CPU à définir lorsqu'on lance ce lien
Volume to set for this link=Volume à définir pour ce lien
Parameters=Paramètres
Parameters to pass to the application=Paramètres à donner à l'application
Selector Directory=Répertoire de Selector
Directory to scan for the selector=Répertoire à rechercher pour le selector
Selector Browser=Explorateur de Selector
Allow the selector to change directory=Laisser le Selector de changer le répertoire
Selector Filter=Filtre de Selector
Filter for the selector (Separate values with a comma)=Filtre pour le Selector (Séparer les valeurs avec une virgule)
Selector Screenshots=Les captures d'écran de Selector
Directory of the screenshots for the selector=Répertoire des captures d'écran pour le selector
Selector Aliases=Aliases de Selector
File containing a list of aliases for the selector=Fichier contenant une liste d'aliases pour selector
Explicitly relaunch GMenu2X after this link's execution ends=Relancer explicitement GMenu2X après la fin de l'execution de ce lien
Don't Leave=Ne quitter pas
Don't quit GMenu2X when launching this link=Ne pas quitter GMenu2X lorsqu'on lance ce lien
Save last selection=Sauvegarder la dernière sélection
Save the last selected link and section on exit=Sauvegarder le dernier lien sélectionné et section en sortant
Clock for GMenu2X=Horloge pour GMenu2X
Set the cpu working frequency when running GMenu2X=Définir la féquence de fonctionnement du CPU lorsqu'on utilise GMenu2X
Maximum overclock=Overclock maximum
Set the maximum overclock for launching links=Définir l'overclock maximum pour lancer des liens
Global Volume=Volume global
Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard=Définir le volume par défaut pour la carte sonore de la GP2x
Output logs=Logs de sortie
Logs the output of the links. Use the Log Viewer to read them.=Loguer la sortie des liens. Utiliser le lecteur de log pour les lire
Number of columns=Nombre de colonnes
Set the number of columns of links to display on a page=Définir le nombre de colonnes de liens à afficher sur une page
Number of rows=Nombres de rangées
Set the number of rows of links to display on a page=Définir le nombre de rangées de liens à afficher sur une page
Top Bar Color=Couleur de la bar supérieur
Color of the top bar=Couleur de la bar supérieur
Bottom Bar Color=Couleur de la bar inférieur
Color of the bottom bar=Couleur de la bar inférieur
Selection Color=Couleur de sélection
Color of the selection and other interface details=Couleur de la sélection et des autres détails de l'interface
You should disable Usb Networking to do this.=Vous devez désactiver le réseau Usb pour faire ceci.
Operation not permitted.=Opération non permise
Language=Langue
Set the language used by GMenu2X=Définir la langue utilisée par GMenu2X
french

Ryo posted on Dec 22 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
Cool at I have to add some special characters to the font now :)

good Idea! Don't forget german "umlauts": Ä Ö Ü :)
Uh and I still could need a way, to have DIFFERENT Icons for "USB on" and "USB off" ;) Pedator has made a nice Liquido Set of USB Icons with this names. ^^

And, as I mentioned before: a working Battery-warning-LED when Batterys low, because it's extreme helpful when you are ingame. ;) With Gmenu I had some bad "surprises" while I was playing ^^"""

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just gone through setting up my SD cards for the latest version. Just a thought, but it would be nice if you could arrange the sections (and maybe the links) other than alphabetical order.. My 'settings' section sits between the 'NEC' and 'SNK' sections. I've solved it by renaming to '~settings' but there are probably other situations where this would be useful.
:)
Cheers Ryo!

jalo9, a good way is to number the sections: 1.Games, 2.Emulators, 3.Settings, etc.

The links can be ordered any way you like. Just edit the actual *filename* of the link on your SD card to whatever suits alphabetically to put them in order. The link name thst shows up in the menu will remain the same.

Ryo posted on Dec 22 2006 at 12:43 AM said:
I've almost finished the translations support for next release, so if there is anyone there willing to contribute translations in languages other than italian, please do it ASAP so that I will add it in next release.

Here's the Dutch translation. I hope that you'll include it :) .
By the way, you made a slight typo in 'Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard'.

Code:
Settings=Instellingen
Configure GMenu2X's options=Instellingen van GMenu2X
Activate Usb on SD=Activeer USB op SD
Activate Usb on Nand=Activeer USB op Nand
Info about GMenu2X=Informatie over GMenu2X
About=Over
Add section=Groep toevoegen
Rename section=Groep hernoemen
Delete section=Groep verwijderen
Scan for applications and games=Zoek applicaties en spellen
applications=applicaties
Edit link=Wijzig snelkoppeling
Title=Naam
Link title=Naam van de snelkoppeling
Description=Omschrijving
Link description=Omschrijving van de snelkoppeling
Section=Groep
The section this link belongs to=De groep waartoe deze snelkoppeling behoort
Icon=Pictogram
Select an icon for the link=Selecteer een pictogram voor de snelkoppeling
Manual=Handleiding
Select a graphic/textual manual or a readme=Selecteer een grafische/tekstuele handleiding of een readme/leesmij
Cpu clock frequency to set when launching this link=Kloksnelheid voor het starten van deze snelkoppeling
Volume to set for this link=Volume-instelling voor deze snelkoppeling
Parameters=Parameters
Parameters to pass to the application=Parameters om door te geven aan de applicatie
Selector Directory=Kiezer map
Directory to scan for the selector=Map met bestanden voor de kiezer
Selector Browser=Kiezer navigatie
Allow the selector to change directory=Wisselen van map mogelijk maken in kiezer
Selector Filter=Kiezer filter
Filter for the selector (Separate values with a comma)=Filter voor de kiezer (komma-gescheiden)
Selector Screenshots=Kiezer schermafdrukken
Directory of the screenshots for the selector=Map met schermafdrukken voor de kiezer
Selector Aliases=Kiezer aliassen
File containing a list of aliases for the selector=Bestand met aliassen voor de kiezer
Explicitly relaunch GMenu2X after this link's execution ends=GMenux2X altijd herstarten na uitvoeren snelkoppeling
Don't Leave=Niet verlaten
Don't quit GMenu2X when launching this link=GMenu2X niet verlaten bij uitvoeren snelkoppeling
Save last selection=Bewaar laatste keuze
Save the last selected link and section on exit=Bewaar de laatst gekozen snelkoppeling en groep
Clock for GMenu2X=Kloksnelheid voor GMenu2X
Set the cpu working frequency when running GMenu2X=Stel de kloksnelheid in voor het draaien van Gmenu2X
Maximum overclock=Maximale overkloksnelheid
Set the maximum overclock for launching links=Stel maximaal toegestane overkloksnelheid in
Global Volume=Hoofdvolume
Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard=Stel het standaardvolume in voor de gp2x geluidskaart
Output logs=Uitvoer naar logboek
Logs the output of the links. Use the Log Viewer to read them.=Logt de uitvoer van snelkoppelingen. Gebruik de log viewer om de log te lezen.
Number of columns=Aantal kolommen
Set the number of columns of links to display on a page=Stel het aantal getoonde pictogrammen in (horizontaal)
Number of rows=Aantal rijen
Set the number of rows of links to display on a page=Stel het aantal getoonde pictogrammen in (verticaal)
Top Bar Color=Kleur bovenste balk
Color of the top bar=Kleur van de bovenste balk
Bottom Bar Color=Kleur onderste balk
Color of the bottom bar=Kleur van de onderste balk
Selection Color=Kleur selectie
Color of the selection and other interface details=Kleur van de selectie en andere interface details
You should disable Usb Networking to do this.=Zet USB Netwerk uit om dit te gebruiken.
Operation not permitted.=Handeling niet toegestaan.
Language=Taal
Set the language used by GMenu2X=Stel de taal van GMenu2X in

superfly posted on Dec 24 2006 at 12:27 PM said:
Here's the Dutch translation. I hope that you'll include it :) .
By the way, you made a slight typo in 'Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard'.
I noticed it and then I forgot to fix it.
Thanks for the contribution.

GunPei2X posted on Dec 23 2006 at 06:28 PM said:
The links can be ordered any way you like. Just edit the actual *filename* of the link on your SD card to whatever suits alphabetically to put them in order. The link name thst shows up in the menu will remain the same.
Of course! Sorry, I didn't think of that. :) Cheers..

After some work (I rewrote totally the SFont library) I managed to add support for utf8 characters. Here's the characters I added to font.png: ÀÈÌÒÚÄËÏÖÜßàèéìòùäëïöü

Do you think there's some other character that might be needed?

Thanks to sbock for his donation :)

yes, my loved Ñ ñ
plus áéíóúàèìòù

spanish translation

Code:
Settings=Ajustes
Configure GMenu2X's options=Configura las opciones de GMenu2X
Activate Usb on SD=Activa USB para SD
Activate Usb on Nand=Activa USB para Nand
Info about GMenu2X=Información sobre GMenu2X
About=Información
Add section=Añadir sección
Rename section=Renombrar sección
Delete section=Eliminar sección
Scan for applications and games=Buscar aplicaciones y juegos
applications=aplicaciones
Edit link=Editar enlace
Title=Título
Link title=Título de enlace
Description=Descripción
Link description=Descripción de enlace
Section=Sección
The section this link belongs to=La sección a la que pertenece el enlace
Icon=Icono
Select an icon for the link=Seleccione un icono para el enlace
Manual=Manual
Select a graphic/textual manual or a readme=Seleccione un manual gráfico/texto o un leeme
Cpu clock frequency to set when launching this link=Ajuste del reloj de la cpu para cargar este enlace
Volume to set for this link=Ajuste del volumen para este enlace
Parameters=Parámetros
Parameters to pass to the application=Parámetros que enviar a la aplicación
Selector Directory=Directorio del Selector
Directory to scan for the selector=Directorio que explorar con el selector
Selector Browser=Explorador del selector
Allow the selector to change directory=Permitir al selector cambiar de directorio
Selector Filter=Filtro del selector
Filter for the selector (Separate values with a comma)=Filtro para el selector (Separar valores con comas)
Selector Screenshots=Capturas de pantalla del selector
Directory of the screenshots for the selector=Directorio de capturas de pantalla para el selector
Selector Aliases=Alias del selector
File containing a list of aliases for the selector=Archivo contenedor de la lista de alias para el selector
Explicitly relaunch GMenu2X after this link's execution ends=Recargar explícitamente GMenu2X al terminar ejecución de este enlace
Don't Leave=No salir
Don't quit GMenu2X when launching this link=No terminar GMenu2X al cargar este enlace
Save last selection=Recordar última selección
Save the last selected link and section on exit=Recordar última sección y enlace seleccionado al salir
Clock for GMenu2X=Reloj para GMenu2X
Set the cpu working frequency when running GMenu2X=Ajuste la frecuencia de trabajo de cpu al ejecutar GMenu2X
Maximum overclock=Overclock máximo
Set the maximum overclock for launching links=Ajuste el máximo overclock para cargar enlaces
Global Volume=Volumen global
Set the default volume fo the gp2x soundcard=Ajuste el volumen por defecto del sonido en gp2x
Output logs=Archivos de registro de sucesos
Logs the output of the links. Use the Log Viewer to read them.=Registra los sucesos de los enlaces. Usa el lector de registros para leerlos.
Number of columns=Número de columnas
Set the number of columns of links to display on a page=Ajuste el número de columnas de enlaces que mostrar por página
Number of rows=Número de líneas
Set the number of rows of links to display on a page=Ajuste el número de líneas de enlaces que mostrar por página
Top Bar Color=Color de barra superior
Color of the top bar=Color de la barra superior
Bottom Bar Color=Color de barra inferior
Color of the bottom bar=Color de la barra inferior
Selection Color=Color de selección
Color of the selection and other interface details=Color de la selección y otros detalles del interfaz
You should disable Usb Networking to do this.=Debe desactivar Red por USB para hacer esto.
Operation not permitted.=Operación no permitida.
Language=Idioma
Set the language used by GMenu2X=Ajuste el idioma usado en GMenu2X

I might need ð Ð Þ þ æ Æ, but I don't know what you already have.

just a thought...

I know this must be like the dumbest question ever in the history of GP32 related nonsence, but if one was to install Gmenu, is it possible to go back to using the default menu?

One figgures it autostarts via the autostart file but is any chance made there permenant?

Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
I know this must be like the dumbest question ever in the history of GP32 related nonsence, but if one was to install Gmenu, is it possible to go back to using the default menu?

One figgures it autostarts via the autostart file but is any chance made there permenant?
gmenu don't remove's the default menu, if autostart is enabled, you just don't see the default menu (or you must exit gmenu)
simple remove gmenu from your cd/nand to have default menu back
and no, gmenu cannot permanently replace the default menu

noreason posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:48 PM said:

gmenu don't remove's the default menu, if autostart is enabled, you just don't see the default menu (or you must exit gmenu)
thx for that.

Conan-The-3rd posted on Dec 26 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
noreason posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:48 PM said:

thx for that.

it has an exit function too. so have no fear. you'll love it once you make the switch.

Back