Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

Pokemon Emerald
Name: Pokemon Emerald Version (U)
Clockspeed: 266mhz
framerate: 60fps (ingame and menu)
frameskip: 1 (automatic)
version: 0.9004d
Notes: Did manage to crash it after saving, while I was videoing it infact :eek:

Edit: oh yeah, Zodttd, I have a fairly adminish account on checklist, so I'll just update the version number to the newest one.
Edit 2.0: Updated version number.

Ok np. :)
For those who seem to have stability issues with saving, I'll look into it but if possible try to get to the same save point and try saving without overclocking and let me know if it still crashes.

I've been trying all morning to get TV-out to capture without frame loss... I'm not sure what the problem is but it's not playing nice.

I'm going to post some videos but please note the fps counter in the corner of the screen and try to look pass the judderyness of the encoding. Also don't think I'm crap at games! (It's hard to play when your TV cable doesn't clip and your preview pain is behind the gameplay and stuttering...) >_>

PokeParadox posted on Mar 10 2007 at 12:52 PM said:
I've been trying all morning to get TV-out to capture without frame loss... I'm not sure what the problem is but it's not playing nice.

I'm going to post some videos but please note the fps counter in the corner of the screen and try to look pass the judderyness of the encoding. Also don't think I'm crap at games! (It's hard to play when your TV cable doesn't clip and your preview pain is behind the gameplay and stuttering...) >_>
I guess its that your PC cant keep up with the incoming frames. What spec is it? The CPU most importantly.

Edit: pokemon emerald seems to crash if yo uleave it for a while :S

Last edited by a moderator:
nah it's not that... I've had it working much better than this before...

and it's a Sempron 3000+ I have in my laptop.

VIDEOS!!!
Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros 3 (U)
Sonic Advance (U)

zodttd posted on Mar 10 2007 at 07:41 AM said:
Ok np. :)
For those who seem to have stability issues with saving, I'll look into it but if possible try to get to the same save point and try saving without overclocking and let me know if it still crashes.
Just to let you know, Golden Sun 1 and 2 ran on the old version of GPSP. 1 was about half-speed, and 2 was very slow. So I guess I thought maybe it wouldn't take as much work if they were already running. Great work though Zodttd, can't wait to try the public release.

Edit: Wrong post to reply to Zodttd.

zodttd posted on Mar 10 2007 at 06:25 AM said:
Yeah there was someone who really wanted Fire Emblem working.

Oh, which game was it that was needed for someone to impress his girlfriend? I think it was Golden Sun 1 or 2. I need to get that working so he can score.

It was Azalin and strangely enough he was interested in BOTH Golden Sun and Fire Emblem

Azalin said:
Okay, if you can get this emulator working @ decent playability (Ala, SSnes levels) by Spring break, you get a donation. I kid you not, i have a girl to impress with the playability of Golden sun & or Fire emblem....

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...3437&st=135

Zodttd, just so you know. Clocking down to 260mhz seems to have stopped Pokemon Emerald Crashing. I guess your dynarec is nicely very CPU intensive compared to the likes of Gngeo etc. :)

Edit: nope, crashed again! I'll try with default ram settings this time :S Wish me luck :S
Edit: Yep, it was my ram timings :( Shame my GP2x cant handle them, the performance was quitea bit better. No wait! Its frozen again!

Bug: In Pokemon emerald version if you leave your character stationary for a few seconds the game crashes.

I donated a couple of bucks, I don't really need to betatest, would be cool though.. I wanted to donate to exophase aswell, but I accidentally did a payment request to him :p.
I cancelled it, but damn how stupid, I am not to familiar with paypal..

Edit: Ok, I donated you both :p

I have just paypal'ed you a 10USD donation. Please, include me in the beta testing circle.

Tony Hawks Underground is very playable @ 260Mhz 45 FPS, and if you turn the music off, the sound is bearable. :)

Its not on the list at http://checklist.berzerk.co.uk so I am not able to add this information there, could someone add the Tony Hawks series? Might not be everyones cup of tea, but I find them at least mildy entertaining :)

Edit : After playing Tony Hawks Underground for a while, I'm noticing more and more freezing, so maybe not hat playable yet ;)

Sound is much better - getting (apparently) 60fps in Sega Arcade Classics at the menus. Ingame is still quite poor, but very much more playable now. Stuttering sound persists quite badly in that one.

Sonic 3 looks to be running at 60-62 fps (at 240mhz) but there's definitely some frameskipping going on - it's very "jerky". The FPS counter is reporting a smooth >60fps, so I don't know if I trust the counter!

v9004d, btw

More: The CPU options page isn't saving the gamma properly - I've found that a setting of 0.80 (as I can't set 0.7, it only goes up in steps of 0.2!) is about closest to a real GBA-SP, but when I come to reload gpsp, it's set to 0.0 in the menu (and then uses 0,0 when emulating). I have to reset it every time I run the app.

The frame counter is definitely amiss - when autoskip is on, it reports 60fps easily, but with autoskip off it reports 43fps (which is closer to reality). The counter should report the fps achieved regardless, no?

Good news, Nebulus runs just lovely with excellent sound synch, but is not so much fun to play due to dropped frames.

D.

zodttd posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:57 AM said:
I've tested many games at 240 and less with perfect sound. I'll test those two games next. Which Castlevania is it? I will see if I get the same issues.

Any of them will do it. Some of the games that run ok still have stuttery sound for me. I limit it to FS 2 as anything more is just too choppy to be playable to me. They don't always do it. It will be OK, then when alot of stuff is on screen, or an effect like a fade occurs it will start stuttering. Maybe the FS2 limit is causing the stutter? Just seems to want more bandwith.

DaveC posted on Mar 10 2007 at 04:01 PM said:
zodttd posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:57 AM said:
I've tested many games at 240 and less with perfect sound. I'll test those two games next. Which Castlevania is it? I will see if I get the same issues.

Any of them will do it. Some of the games that run ok still have stuttery sound for me. I limit it to FS 2 as anything more is just too choppy to be playable to me. They don't always do it. It will be OK, then when alot of stuff is on screen, or an effect like a fade occurs it will start stuttering. Maybe the FS2 limit is causing the stutter? Just seems to want more bandwith.
I limit it to FS1 :p

I get some random crash in Minish Cap (U)... After sometime of playing the emu crash and the game lock down, I tried with different battery but that seem to be constant.

This emulator is REALY impressive as now !

Can you reproduce it ZodTTD or I'm the only one having this

Thanks for your hard works,
paxl13

Back