Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

WEIRD! I ran 0690 - Metroid Zero Mission and it runs fine. I loaded it and never pressed a button and it's been running it's demo and looping like it should just fine without a crash for many minutes now. I can't seem to reproduce this bug. Any help?

try pokemon emerald, i just got bug in zero mission again though. It happens just while you are playing. The screen just freezes as is.

I also reproduced it in mario vs donkey kong leaving the profile select screen open. Quit a few others also reproduced it.

Sam is your Zero Mission the (U) version? I just noticed mine (which crashes) is (E), if that matters.

What version is your Mario vs Donkey Kong? Mine's (U), and I've had the profile screen on for several minutes with no crash...

EDIT: just crashed a minute after I went in-game. Zodttd, try getting into a level on Metroid and leave Samus standing for a while...

i left mine on afor a long time at 266mhz. my gp2x is easily stable uptill 280.

also my metroid is different than zodttd's. Mine is 1370 - Metroid - Zero Mission (U).zip.

No its ok, I got it to reproduce in Metroid. You have to get in-game first. Then wait. I'll get working on fixing this.

I have a feeling this is just a buffer size issue for the translation cache, but time will tell. :p

I fixed the "serious bug"! I had a buffer overflow of sorts, but in a dynarec fashion. Metroid and most likely any other game having this problem is now fixed. :)
Question, should I release a v9005 with this fix and a few small added updates so videos can be finally taken for a good period of time?

zodttd posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:19 AM said:
I have a feeling this is just a buffer size issue for the translation cache, but time will tell. :p
Thnak you i have suffer this bug too.It´s very weird, sometimes i can play 10 minutes, others 20 seconds :D :blink:

Other Bugs:

Tekken:No figthers in screen.
DKC2:Black screen.
Advance Wars 2:Not working.
Mario Golf:Not working
Mario Tennis:Not working
Kim Possible 2:Intro working, then black screen but it sounds.
Crash Kart Racing:The slowest game of all i test.Like 25 frames. (no bug but....)

Most of the games i have tested runs over 40 and like half of them runs almost 60 (minimun 50) all the time.
270 mhz. NO ram timings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advance Wars 2 is working for me just fine. Try the US version. If you have a release number for the Advance Wars you have or can get the game_code and game_name from the GBA header, I can debug that version.

Oh, as for computer. Got the Clevo M570U. Specs:
- Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz
- 2GB DDR3-566
- 17" WXGA+ screen (glossy and only 1440x990 to save money)
- 80GB SATA-100 7200RPM HD
- Best of all: GeForce GO FX 7950 with 512MB RAM video
bunch more specs. It's great, and saved over $500+ by installing the components myself. It's comparable to the Dell M1710 for reference.
- Total cost with all additionals: $1950
Most of it is paid off, and compiles are SOOOO much faster!

Yes, i think is an European rom, but i have tested a lot of (E) and were working ok.I will try US AW2

zodttd posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:38 AM said:
I fixed the "serious bug"! I had a buffer overflow of sorts, but in a dynarec fashion. Metroid and most likely any other game having this problem is now fixed. :)
Question, should I release a v9005 with this fix and a few small added updates so videos can be finally taken for a good period of time?

What you think is better will be ok :p
But i think a release with no hangs is needed :lol:

Thank you for your efforts man B)

zodttd posted on Mar 11 2007 at 03:44 AM said:
Advance Wars 2 is working for me just fine. Try the US version. If you have a release number for the Advance Wars you have or can get the game_code and game_name from the GBA header, I can debug that version.

Oh, as for computer. Got the Clevo M570U. Specs:
- Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz
- 2GB DDR3-566
- 17" WXGA+ screen (glossy and only 1440x990 to save money)
- 80GB SATA-100 7200RPM HD
- Best of all: GeForce GO FX 7950 with 512MB RAM video
bunch more specs. It's great, and saved over $500+ by installing the components myself. It's comparable to the Dell M1710 for reference.
- Total cost with all additionals: $1950
Most of it is paid off, and compiles are SOOOO much faster!
Thtas nice. Its a laptop right, based on the "GoForce" :p I wonder how the FX 7950 compares to my XFX 7600GT XXX edition?

Strange, the Metroid Mission Zero (U) Rom I have doesn't seem to freeze at all on 9004c...

But it would be really nice if you could fix the WarioWare Inc (and the other WarioWare game) bug. The game itself &the sound seems to run, but the graphics are a complete mess. Just random colors or tiles it seems.

thx

Back