Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

zodttd posted on Mar 12 2007 at 11:18 PM said:
Oh no, the people are restless! Speaking of rest, I fell asleep while doing some optimizations to the dynarec. I'm going to try to rush this optimization a bit, and if it doesn't get anywhere, just release v9005 without it. Sleep is good. :)

EDIT: For those who PM'd me, I will get back to you with v9005 once it's ready in a bit.

Yikes... love that enthusiasm, but please look after yourself too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got to try to latest version, and there's a new one on the way. Anyway, VERY NICE speed boost. At 200, the menus and cutscenes in Lunar no longer have the stuttery sound; little bit in gameplay, but it's very very playable. Love Hina appears perfect. :) Tales of Phantasia no longer has the sound issues (though it's still stuttery).

paxl13 posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:49 PM said:
We love you ZodTTD, you're are our master !!!
Zod The Destoyer, rules in the year 2009. All bow to Zod.

Finally got try it over the weekend. Tried about 10 games; (Mario series, Castlevania series, Metroid, Astroboy, SuperStar Saga) they are all fantastic except they crash after about 1-2 min. Some sound stuttering also. As people mentioned around frameskip 1 works best. Metroid Fusion is the best I think; framerate seems perfect and it ran for about 6-7 min before quitting. All in all, a fantastic effort as usual ZodTTD!!! :)

Yeah I got a chance to try DBZ: The Legacy Of Goku I and II. They both were full speed with a little bit of sound shuttering.

wild_eyed posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:15 PM said:
how does it compare to psp gba emu?

It's better 'cause its on the gp2x !

paxl13

Well I guess Bust A Move doesn't like to freeze. I played it for about 23 minutes strait and it didn't lock up once :blink:.

I do not have that many freeze ups if I leave the FS in auto, with everything default. I agree it does run smoother with FS set at 1.

I have played for over 45 mins. with no problems at all. Except if I put it down and not press any keys for about 5 mins then it locks.

I run at 229MHZ. Anyone else get long plays with default settings?

MrHillBilly posted on Mar 12 2007 at 10:40 PM said:
I do not have that many freeze ups if I leave the FS in auto, with everything default. I agree it does run smoother with FS set at 1.

I have played for over 45 mins. with no problems at all. Except if I put it down and not press any keys for about 5 mins then it locks.

Anyway, this bug is solved as ZodTTD say a few day ago !

For me it froze realy rapidly,

paxl13

paxl13 posted on Mar 12 2007 at 10:51 PM said:
MrHillBilly posted on Mar 12 2007 at 10:40 PM said:

Anyway, this bug is solved as ZodTTD say a few day ago !

For me it froze realy rapidly,

paxl13
I know, I'm so excited.

Sorry, I've been super busy today. This is the best I could do with the time I had. So v9005 is available for download. Just change v9004d to v9005 in the link. :)

New in this version:
- Fixed a bug in the dynarec (might improve compatibility a bit)
- Added a slight performance increase in the dynarec
- Fixed up the auto frameskip and it now works slightly better. Can still be improved.
- Fixed the serious bug that made many games freeze after a portion of time being played.

As usual, I love feedback. I am messaging people who PMd me today. If you don't receive a PM and were supposed to, let me know.

zodttd posted on Mar 12 2007 at 11:05 PM said:
Sorry, I've been super busy today. This is the best I could do with the time I had. So v9005 is available for download. Just change v9004d to v9005 in the link. :)

New in this version:
- Fixed a bug in the dynarec (might improve compatibility a bit)
- Added a slight performance increase in the dynarec
- Fixed up the auto frameskip and it now works slightly better. Can still be improved.
- Fixed the serious bug that made many games freeze after a portion of time being played.

As usual, I love feedback. I am messaging people who PMd me today. If you don't receive a PM and were supposed to, let me know.
I LOVE YOU!!! (In the most non-gay way.) Thanks Zod.

wild_eyed posted on Mar 13 2007 at 01:15 AM said:
how does it compare to psp gba emu?

I have both and at this time the PSP version is better. It is fullspeed with no noticeable frameskip and has perfect non-stuttery sound.

The GP2X one is not finished though so it is kind of unfair to compare at this time. The Gp2X one will get closer. How close only Zod can answer that :)

I just randomly tried to download 9005, without even checking the thread, and made a weird groan of pleasure when I didn't get a 404. I am scaring myself :blink:

I left for a camping trip this Friday, and the thread was at a dozen pages or so. I came back yesterday and it was up past twice that and growing. Did a double-take.

Zodttd have you dropped the other shoe here, yet, regarding OpenTTD? :ph34r:

DaveC: ;)

Senor Quack: Heh, nice grab of v9005. I was a day late on it, so good timing. :p ...OpenTTD is still in the works. I'm waiting on some hardware to come to help along that project. :)

Back