I Feel Down

Bosbeetle said:
Matthias_H said:
craigix said:
I can't really explain how seeing this after another 16 hour day makes me feel.
With all due respect for your feelings, but WHY ON EARTH don't you invest the daily 20 seconds that would be needed for an OFFICIAL statement of the sort, "Today we built X units, we shipped Y, and while we were at it, we fixed issue Z". If you are neither building nor shipping them, invest 20 seconds in communicating what you have done for 16 hours. Otherwise, how are we (with our limited understanding of the business) supposed to guess anything other than "Postman didn't come today. Checked e-mail, then scratched my balls for 15h59m".
ED already mentioned that craig was getting 400 lids ready, so they can be quick when the boards arrive on wednesday (probably) While ED himselfs was soldering 800 speakers to 400 lcd cables.
How is that to little info?
It may not be too little info, but it is spread out among all the unrelated BS in these forums and virtually impossible to find, unless you click through every single item on that (inofficial) stalker page. They have an official blog, why don't they use it more than once a month? They have Twitter accounts, why don't they use them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthias_H said:
They have Twitter accounts, why don't they use them?

http://twitter.com/Craigix/statuses/17739600077

;)

[Edit: Mali you deleted your post that Ninja'd me! How Noble! :D]

Matthias_H said:
It may not be too little info, but it is spread out among all the unrelated BS in these forums and virtually impossible to find, unless you click through every single item on that (inofficial) stalker page. They have an official blog, why don't they use it more than once a month? They have Twitter accounts, why don't they use them?

I guess that goes down to me - as I'm the one doing this.
However, had so many other things to do... and have started to work on the website, too.

There is now a lot more info for newcomers.
I also want to change the status page, since it doesn't make sense the way it is now.

When I did that, I need to do a new blog post about what happened.

However, I still have about 100 eMails to reply, too...

See my problem? :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Matthias_H said:

I guess that goes down to me - as I'm the one doing this.
However, had so many other things to do... and have started to work on the website, too.

There is now a lot more info for newcomers.
I also want to change the status page, since it doesn't make sense the way it is now.

When I did that, I need to do a new blog post about what happened.

However, I still have about 100 eMails to reply, too...

See my problem? :)
And then if you don't reply to the emails, they complain about the customer service.

And if you do reply, then they complain that you're not updating (insert resource here).

etc. etc.

vadsamoht said:
And then if you don't reply to the emails, they complain about the customer service.

And if you do reply, then they complain that you're not updating (insert resource here).

etc. etc.

Yep. And if I don't do my normal day job, I don't have anything to eat anymore...

Somehow, I think I need a lot of clones of myself :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
vadsamoht said:

etc. etc.

Yep. And if I don't do my normal day job, I don't have anything to eat anymore...

Yup time to reproduce, sadly that takes a while in humans

EvilDragon said:
vadsamoht said:

etc. etc.

Can I have one? Or is that a little bit wrong?

silverspring said:
Geuben said:
carlgeorge said:
I have the exact opposite view to Prometheus regarding my Pandora. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have hardly used it.

I'm in a similar situation. I can't take it to work and I haven't been on any long journeys (when I haven't been driving) to effectively use it.

I really want to develop for the Pandora but a lack of ideas and more so motivation are making it hard. Anybody got any tips on improving motivation?

This is exactly the problem. There are no new ideas, simply because everything has been done a million times over. Take a look at the various games on Linux which one could port. Play them on your Linux system and see how many of them hold your interest for very long. You'll find it hard to be very motivational about porting a game which has you bored to tears after half an hour.
It's the same with PC games - everything produced is a re-hash, only much worse that the original. What do people say again.... "You can't beat the original".
It's like trying to reinvent the wheel... you can't

No need for you to try, you have have already failed.

silverspring said:
Geuben said:
carlgeorge said:
I have the exact opposite view to Prometheus regarding my Pandora. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have hardly used it.

I'm in a similar situation. I can't take it to work and I haven't been on any long journeys (when I haven't been driving) to effectively use it.

I really want to develop for the Pandora but a lack of ideas and more so motivation are making it hard. Anybody got any tips on improving motivation?

This is exactly the problem. There are no new ideas, simply because everything has been done a million times over. Take a look at the various games on Linux which one could port. Play them on your Linux system and see how many of them hold your interest for very long. You'll find it hard to be very motivational about porting a game which has you bored to tears after half an hour.
It's the same with PC games - everything produced is a re-hash, only much worse that the original. What do people say again.... "You can't beat the original".
It's like trying to reinvent the wheel... you can't

Wow. That's a sad point of view. I have a pile of original game ideas I'm working on, and I'm sure that as more of these devices get out, you'll see more of those coming from others as well. And if not... heck, give me time. I'm working on the menu part of Elemental (so boring!) but everything else is ready... Elemental is somewhat original, but really I only started it as my 'learning how to use Python' game. Wait 'til you see what comes next. =D

I'll try... I hope the cases for my clones will be finished within the next two months.
And painting them shouldn't take too long.

I just hope they won't use green paint for the skins :D

Speaking of cases, some good news:
4000 more cases are produced and currently being painted (hopefully, without the buttons :p)
1000 or 1500 (we still are thinking about the amount we need) will go via UPS and the rest via sea (it's cheaper. Takes about 20 - 25 days, but it will take a while until we used up the 1500 cases anyways).

As said, next week, we'll get about 400 boards that will go into the cases we still have.
I get 3200 LCD cables to solder next week (yay!)

At the moment, a lot of preparation is going on - so that we basically only need to stick the boards in once they arrive.
The last 2500 units will be built way faster than the ones before, as we can prepare everything.

And yes, the additional 1000 cases will also be used to sell you modders out there for spare :D

EvilDragon said:
I'll try... I hope the cases for my clones will be finished within the next two months.

4000 more cases are produced and currently being painted (hopefully, without the buttons :p )
1000 or 1500 (we still are thinking about the amount we need) will go via UPS and the rest via sea (it's cheaper. Takes about 20 - 25 days, but it will take a while until we used up the 1500 cases anyways).

As said, next week, we'll get about 400 boards that will go into the cases we still have.

At the moment, a lot of preparation is going on - so that we basically only need to stick the boards in once they arrive.
The last 2500 units will be built way faster than the ones before, as we can prepare everything.

And yes, the additional 1000 cases will also be used to sell you modders out there for spare :D

Great update - thank you.

As for placement - shouldn't this type of thing be in the developer's blog? Entries there don't all have to be lengthy. Finding this in a gripe&complain email chain is rather funny though.

Excellent, that should shut the moaning minstrels up for about 2 and half days

EvilDragon said:

4000 more cases are produced and currently being painted (hopefully, without the buttons :p )

1500, please! :D

Thanks for the update :)

Back