I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

rmatheso posted on Dec 1 2006 at 11:23 PM said:
fatdad posted on Dec 1 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
i gave up 14 bios later and all im getting is a blue screen or a white screen with some crackling sound, i'm off to hang myself.:(

Try looking for a GP2X torrent site. It's there.
got it working
,,,thanks for the help , nudge \wink.....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone tested castlevania aria of sorrow and astroboy yet? they are two of the best 2d games ever made on gba.

Hirolaser posted on Dec 1 2006 at 11:32 PM said:
anyone tested castlevania aria of sorrow and astroboy yet? they are two of the best 2d games ever made on gba.

Aria of sorrow is very playable on the non fast v.3 gpe - f/s 1

So far have played around 13 games - and I'm very impressed - especially with the fast gpe.
I'll post results later on.
Even street fighter 3 alpha is fast!

Hirolaser posted on Dec 1 2006 at 11:32 PM said:

Astroboy runs great (apart from choppy sound, of course). At 200mhz it's fairly slow (60% speed?), but at 275mhz it's quite playable (FS2).

zodttd, the v3fast has made bit generations Boundish ten times faster! Still seems a bit slower than the original, but it's a massive improvement.

Thanks Zodttd, this is great. Games I've played:

1.Baldur's Gate - Dark Allience is almost at fullspeed with frameskip at 2 and no overclock. Music is kinda glitchy, normal sounds are good.
2.Golden Sun is almost fullspeed with no frameskip or overclock. Again music is kinda glitchy, normal sounds are good.
3.Golden Sun - The Lost Age is slow with frameskip and/or overclocking, all sound glitchy. :angry:
4.Need For Speed - Most Wanted ran about half the speed of normal with 2 - 4 frameskip and overclocked, all sound glitchy.
5.Summon Night - Swordcraft Story ran like Golden Sun.
6.Summon Night - Swordcraft Story 2 ran like Golden Sun - The Lost Age. :angry:
7.The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past ran decent speeds overclocked with no frameskip, but was really glitchy with sound and graphics.
8.Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 ran really slow with all sound glitchy.

Well thats all I have tested so far. Great job Exophase and Zodttd. You guys did a great job I really appreciate it. Now off to more Baldur's Gate and Summon Night. :D

kamakazieturtle posted on Dec 1 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Thanks Zodttd, this is great. Games I've played:

1.Baldur's Gate - Dark Allience is almost at fullspeed with frameskip at 2 and no overclock. Music is kinda glitchy, normal sounds are good.
2.Golden Sun is almost fullspeed with no frameskip or overclock. Again music is kinda glitchy, normal sounds are good.
3.Golden Sun - The Lost Age is slow with frameskip and/or overclocking, all sound glitchy. :angry:
4.Need For Speed - Most Wanted ran about half the speed of normal with 2 - 4 frameskip and overclocked, all sound glitchy.
5.Summon Night - Swordcraft Story ran like Golden Sun.
6.Summon Night - Swordcraft Story 2 ran like Golden Sun - The Lost Age. :angry:
7.The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past ran decent speeds overclocked with no frameskip, but was really glitchy with sound and graphics.
8.Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 ran really slow with all sound glitchy.

Well thats all I have tested so far. Great job Exophase and Zodttd. You guys did a great job I really appreciate it. Now off to more Baldur's Gate and Summon Night. :D
Full speed golden sun, looks like azalin's gonna get some

TelcoLou posted on Dec 1 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
It freezes for me when I press "X" to load golden sun. :(
You need to load a game that works first, then go to the menu and load Golden Sun. I usually load the bios instead, and then run my games.

Lunar Legends, at fs 2 and OC 250:

Very nice to play, I cannot really compare to a real GBA, but not at all troublesome gameplaywise (on the "fast" version of the emu). Some graphical glitches in battle and in menu that I didn't have in the first release. Sound is crap, but at least now I can turn it off :)

kamakazieturtle posted on Dec 1 2006 at 09:12 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 1 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
It freezes for me when I press "X" to load golden sun. :(
You need to load a game that works first, then go to the menu and load Golden Sun. I usually load the bios instead, and then run my games.

Coooool!!! many thanks, it worked after loading the BIOS first :D

kamakazieturtle posted on Dec 2 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
It seems like the older the game the faster it runs?

Seems to be rather random.

I think there will be a great deal of speed improvements when idle loop elimination is implemented, whether in the interpreter or dynarec. Though the dynarec will help as well. :p

So there's some good stuff to come...

Hey Zod, I think there may be a bug in the save states. Every time I load a state it soon freezes after playing??? Didn't know if you were aware. Anyway I still don't care if I have them or not. This emulator is great.

Thanks for letting me know. Are the save states literally saving the state of gpSP, or are they the game saves within the GBA game? I wonder if it's the zip code...Did they ever work? :(

Back