I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

When it is released and if you feel you want to donate...Exophase really deserves more donations than he gets imho.

I think hte best thing Exophase can do to increase his donations is making his presence known by posting news and such. Remember its hearing good news and updates that makes people want to donate :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, maybe the site i was on was just ripping me then.
Or maybe you don't know ANYTHING at all, never went to any site (yeah, go ahead and try to give us a URL where they charge $200 for an M3), and just keep pulling excuses out of your ass constantly to try and hold on to any shred of dignity or intelligence you have left.

Great work ZodGod, I can't wait!!! :D

Sorry for the wait. I should be able to get something released within the next 2-3 hours. I am waiting for a response from someone who is trying it out. There were some problems getting him the release which is why the wait happened.

I'm a bit nervous making it public as it isn't polished (such as some glitches in the menu), and isn't performing as fast as it needs to be. I'm gathering the sourcecode and writing up some quick instructions specific to the GP2X. But I can tell everyone is awaiting to just, at very least, see it running. :)

Sorry for the wait. I should be able to get something released within the next 2-3 hours. I am waiting for a response from someone who is trying it out. There were some problems getting him the release which is why the wait happened.

I'm a bit nervous making it public as it isn't polished (such as some glitches in the menu), and isn't performing as fast as it needs to be. I'm gathering the sourcecode and writing up some quick instructions specific to the GP2X. But I can tell everyone is awaiting to just, at very least, see it running. :)

I'll be here :D

Damnit I'm staying up.

I just want to see it go now. zodttd, You're work and dedication is unbelievable. the gp2x would loose some serious wow factor without your constant contributions.

If anyone is just sitting waiting for this release, check out the video game museum, it has screenshots of games from most older systems, including gba (No ROMS!, just screenshots).
www.vgmuseum.com

http://www.vgmuseum.com/gba.htm

Just to get your excitement up, and for that guy who hasn't ever played GBA :)

Ok so while we're waiting can some of you recommend some essential GBA games to those of us that aren't all that familiar with the platform? I need to do some rom hunting so I actually have something to test.

Edit: Forgot to ask, do we need a bios rom for this emu?

Ok so while we're waiting can some of you recommend some essential GBA games to those of us that aren't all that familiar with the platform? I need to do some rom hunting so I actually have something to test.

Edit: Forgot to ask, do we need a bios rom for this emu?

Klonoa is a good ROM to test with ... it's a very early GBA game, and may be easy to find.

The Megaman Battle Network games were fun too.

From the gpSP readme.txt:
Q) How do I know I have the right BIOS?
A) If you have md5sum you can check if it has this hash:
a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6
That BIOS should work fine. I think that some others work fine too,
although I haven't confirmed this with absolute certainty. It's also
theoretically possible to use custom (and free) BIOS replacements,
but I don't know of any publically availablone ones.

This applies to the GP2X version as well. I believe the correct BIOS has a CRC32 that starts with "8" as well. The common BIOS out there is a pre-launch version that isn't good to use, and it's CRC32 doesn't start with "8". :p

Back