Release MAME EX - Final Release

Maybe a mapping problem ?

I remapped A, B and X to mouse buttons so i can't use the frontend.

Boy aren't I a dumbass. However, the one rom listed in the roms folder is not showing up in the refreshed list. I'll mess with this more later. Very excited. Thank you for the gift!

Here are my results for today for those that have issues:

- setting up a link to to a different rom-folder works nicely. So use that if you search for a method to specify a rompath. See here for details.

- if you want to test manually weather your roms should be ok or not, you can do the following:

Code:
pnd_run.sh -p <path_to_pnd>/mame_ex_2.pnd -b mame-ex-app -m

./sdlmame -rompath <path_to_roms> -verifyroms

pnd_run.sh -p <path_to_pnd>/mame_ex_2.pnd -b mame-ex-app -u

If for some reason the entries do not show up in the game-menu of mame-ex, like they did (not) for me, you can try to manually build the file that contains the gamelist:

Code:
pnd_run.sh -p <path_to_pnd>/mame_ex_2.pnd -b mame-ex-app -m

cd /mnt/utmp/mame-ex-app

./sdlmame -listfull > /tmp/fullmamelist.txt

for i in $(ls -1 <path_to_roms>); do grep "${i%%.zip}" /tmp/fullmamelist.txt | sed -e 's/\ "/\ ;correct;\"/' -e 's/\"//g'; done > .mame-ex.games

cd ..

pnd_run.sh -p <path_to_pnd>/mame_ex_2.pnd -b mame-ex-app -u

For me that worked as I only got zip-files in my rom-folder. Of course the "correct"-comment is kind of fake unless you verified all roms to be really correct. Remember NOT to rebuild the list by pressing Y or the file will be overwritten and you will have no entries shown again.

@streak: There are some games that are flawed, but playable and not available in better versions AFAIK, like for example "Tokio / Scramble Formation". Your scanning alghorythm leaves these games out as far as i can tell, which is not that good.

@streak: Even at 800mhz the sound in games that i consider rather simple (cpu-wise), is a bit delayed and repeats often. For example in "Pang (World)". Is that normal performance or is there still something wrong for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Streak: There are some games that are flawed, but playable and not available in better versions AFAIK, like for example "Tokio / Scramble Formation". Your scanning alghorythm leaves these games out as far as i can tell, which is not that good.

@Streak: Even at 800mhz the sound in games that i consider rather simple (cpu-wise), is a bit delayed and repeats often. For example in "Pang (World)". Is that normal performance or is there still something wrong for me?

Basically even if game [pang] worked on 37b mame fullspeed , its not likely to be run fullspeed on mame 0.110 [or newer versions] because in the process of updating driver [for particular game] sometimes the driver is not optimised and overall a game works with worse performance on the same hardware compared to mame 0.37b

thats why you can play with Street Fighter 2 on MAME4ALL fullspeed on 220mhz GP2X, and on mame 0.110 you'll need 800Mhz OP horsepower

Last edited:
Thanks about the explanation. About "Tokio" once again: I think it is just left out, because it's not the best available. There is no 100% version out there, but still a better one than i have got. I didn't find a better version so far, but the one I got is good enough to enjoy the game. And it's the only game of the (few) I got that is marked as bad, so it's not a big issue.

one error I found is that the game shows up under GAME->OTHER so im guessing you didnt specify the correct subcategory of emulator or you didnt add one at all (at least one spelled correctly)

im confused. i cant find this on repo.openpandora.org anywhere. i only see mame4all and mame. but i already have those. also, does this app write to nand or use the keyboard as button controls?

also there were no dip switch settings for ssf2t is that normal? I couldnt switch on the intro music?

@daMummy the nand writing issue is MUTE now if your using HF6 as there is a protocal in the PND_RUN which forces the use of appdata folder in place of home unless the game programs around this switch of course.

im confused. i cant find this on repo.openpandora.org anywhere. i only see mame4all and mame. but i already have those. also, does this app write to nand or use the keyboard as button controls?

You're getting really under my skin , boy.. Next release will by with suffix "No DaMummy Version Deluxe.." and there will be NO repo version :) . Fun is fun, but if people are asking shit , after your post, or trying to explain about nandwrittings [like milkshake] it means that the joke wasnt good enough and everybody are confused, so yes: MAME EX will funk up your nand nicely bit by bit, and keybinding is:

UP -> L1

Down-> Z

Left -> P

Right -> CTRL-Q

B1 -> SHIFT -X

B2 -> F5

B3 -> G

B4 -> Q

Coin -> W

Start -> A

and the app will be on repo on repo.psychocrap.ru soon [and not on milkshake's repo]

Last edited:
You get too angry. Put it on the repo in the first place ;)

You get too angry. Put it on the repo in the first place ;)

I love drama in the morning.. :) . Its better than hot coffee [pumps adrenaline for rest of the day]..

BTW. Dont ask for romsets compatible with MAME EX. I already put a hint here, but hint was deleted [and it wasnt even url], so you're on Your own here..

Last edited:
they didnt screw it up, they just changed their prioritys :p

The difference being they now want to emulate the arcade hardware accuratly for preservation purposes rather than using hacks to speed things up like in older builds of mame.

Back