Release New Video: Ed Assembles A Prototype

Very nice, however I already feel sorry for the persons assembling 4000 (and more in other batches) pandora's

4000 pandora's * 10 min = 40000 min ~ 666h <-- evil assembly time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Too bad about the broken cable. Also, ED doesn't seem to have a key mat and his motherboard doesn't really fit in the case, the buttons will be unusable. It's so close now it's annoying. Did MW get his case and are we going to get another video this weekend, with a fully working unit?

Amazing video

Lets just hope ED does nolt do any of the assembly work in real production run though!!

Just kidding - I've done the same thing with laptop screens - god knows how many times since the mid 1980's

Is there going to be any cushioning of the LCD inverter board when it rests on the back of the case (behind Pandora logo?)

'RajTakhar' said:
Lets just hope ED does nolt do any of the assembly work in real production run though!!
Nope, I definately don't wanna do that :D

BTW: The video is HD again, seems like Youtube is still processing it, should be available within the next hours in HD :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the video ED - Nice to see everything progressing!

One question, does MWeston now have a fully assembled working system?

'x68000' said:
Thanks for the video ED - Nice to see everything progressing!

One question, does MWeston now have a fully assembled working system?
He's waiting for the case (delivery to Germany was much faster than to Canada) and he only got a prototyp keypad (the one with stiffer buttons).

Apart from that, he should have everything.

EDIT: HD Video is ready :D

Last edited:
Any reason why the lid was a little tough to open and close without coming out of the hinge hole?

Noisome

HEHE!

ED's videos are legendary!

It makes me feels so proud knowing that we're part of something new and fresh!!

I dont mind waiting till the end of of the year for this thing, its all gonna be worth it!!

'jonlad1' said:
I dont mind waiting till the end of of the year for this thing, its all gonna be worth it!!
End of the year!? You must be the most patient human on earth...

nice vid ED!

"woo we've got a button!"

i think i actually giggled at this! there was definitely some glee going on there!

'Noisome' said:
Any reason why the lid was a little tough to open and close without coming out of the hinge hole?

Noisome
The actual hinge part was missing so there was nothing holding it together.

For the cable rolling use a small round stick or something. Roll the cable around it, put it in and then remove the stick. :)

Great video, thanks!

Back