Beta Pandora Hotfix 3 - Beta Test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mass storage doesnt work for me ,i get the usb device driver prompt in windows xp sp3 ,i am using the mini usb port on the back of the pandora ,the cable i am using is a standard psp usb cable ,thing is i don't understand how this could be working through a hotfix ,don't we need a windows driver ?

So far so good. I don't have a usb cable to test the USB part in Mac though...

paddy said:
mass storage doesnt work for me ,i get the usb device driver prompt in windows xp sp3 ,i am using the mini usb port on the back of the pandora ,the cable i am using is a standard psp usb cable ,thing is i don't understand how this could be working through a hotfix ,don't we need a windows driver ?

The driver is supposed to to be on the Pandora end... in theory it talks over USB to the other OS, saying 'Hi there sexy! I'm a USB mass storage device. Lets chat baby'.

Last edited by a moderator:
paddy said:

Windows should have built in drivers for the basic USB devices, one of which is the "Mass Storage Device". It's what all your USB thumbdrives are recognized as. The Hotfix should make the Pandora tell the PC that it is a Mass Storage Device when it is connected, that way your system can use the right drivers to interface with it. How else do you suppose that your computer tells the difference between a USB gamepad and a thumbdrive?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
paddy said:

Windows should have built in drivers for the basic USB devices, one of which is the "Mass Storage Device". It's what all your USB thumbdrives are recognized as. The Hotfix should make the Pandora tell the PC that it is a Mass Storage Device when it is connected, that way your system can use the right drivers to interface with it. How else do you suppose that your computer tells the difference between a USB gamepad and a thumbdrive?

-God Ginrai

if theres something wrong with the modules it might still show up as cdc_composite device, then yes he would need a specific driver :p

edit: i needed a driver for g_ether too (network) atleast on win7 x64, i found one though

GizmoTheGreen said:
edit: i needed a driver for g_ether too (network) atleast on win7 x64, i found one though

cool. where?

As my operating system seams to be a little strange (cant move windows and I cant open windows manager or windows manager tweaks) I´m not sure if this is something with my system or becuse of the fix. So if nobody else has noticed this just ignore it.

After installing the fix I was not able to get psx4pandora to open any roms so I decided to delete the folder and everything in the menu folder. Then I used the new mass storage function to transfer the files back from my backup on my computer.

transfering went fine.... but now it will not show any of the programs in my menu.

I have tried to both transfer the files I want in the menu thru the mass storage program and by using a usb adapter for sd cards. But no luck... the files are there in file manager but they do not show up in the menu or anywhere else it seams (moved one of the pnd files to the desktop map but it did not show up when placed there ether).

to add to this somehow the appdata map has become write protected for my computer.
it is not write protected on my pandora.

so, I just want to check if it is just my buggy OS or if anyone else have seen something like this.

edit: reread my text and changed it so I would not jump so in the text... hopefully it will be easier to understand now.

If Windows requests a driver for cdc_gadget or similar, you haven't enabled the mass storage device for any card.
You don't just plug and play and it will work - it will still be in the network mode.

A Mass Storage device decouples the SD Card from the system. The Pandora can't access the card while in Mass Storage Mode (same as with all other devices that have a mass storage mode).

Therefore, to use it, go to System/SD Mass Storage (or similar, forgot how I called it), enable it for one of the found cards and as long as it says in the window that it is enabled, it should pop up in Windows as mass storage device.
As soon as you close the window, mass storage is disabled and the card is remounted to the system.

My work computer with vista on it installed the drivers and recognizes it as mass storage but doesn't mount it as a drive. It mounts my card reader just fine. Anyone else have problems or success with vista?

Could be that the drive letter is clashing with another drive on the system.

Go to administrative tools, computer management, disk manager and see if the disks are listed there. If they are, right click them and choose 'change drive letters and paths' and assign them a new letter.

Pleng said:
Could be that the drive letter is clashing with another drive on the system.

Go to administrative tools, computer management, disk manager and see if the disks are listed there. If they are, right click them and choose 'change drive letters and paths' and assign them a new letter.

Yeah, that usually happens if you have already mapped a network drive to the same drive letter.
That's a bug in Windows that's been there since Win98 and still isn't fixed in Win7...

It completely ignores Network Drives. So if you're network drive is mapped to F and your last used letter for a logical drive is E, then the next mass storage device connected will get F instead of G...

Last edited:
sorry i ment to post before now that i got mass storage to work after a reinstall of hotfix3.

Yea, I have a few network drives at work but they start at U: to avoid said problem. It was in disk manager, but after assigning it a letter it wanted to format it. I told it no but, it won't let me access it from anywhere. It keeps wanting to format. I use the recommended sd formater for all my cards.

As I said earlier, My generic sd card reader works fine with the sd card. It is assigned letter d: and doesn't give me any format crap.

Don't know if this is helpful but;

With the mounting of SD cards via Pandora/OTG port on my windows 7 laptop, Panasonic utility formatted cards show up as Unallocated but win7 formatted cards are OK.

I also have a thing where since I labeled an SD card all cards since are mounted as that label, I think that one is mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back