Post Here When Your Refund Clears

PoisonedV said:
How do you think USD would fare?
The USD has had a meteoric rise in the past month. I'm not sure what you paid in USD (I saw some people talking about order prices in the $330 range), but 197GBP is now only $291USD.

In CAD today it's about $370CAD. I recall ordering for about $386CAD. (Yes, my back of foggy brain math earlier today was wrong, Pandora refunds come at a loss for Canadians too.). The Canadian Dollar has plummeted with the price of oil plummeting. (And just as my wife is about to start an online Masters degree, with tuition in USD... :(

Currency rates are presently changing rapidly. By the time refunds come to this side of the Atlantic, these rates are likely going to be different. Check xe.com for current conversion rates.

Future Pandoras are priced at $330 USD. (IIRC) Today that works out to 222GBP or 264 Euros (or $419 CAD). That's without shipping or taxes. Something to factor in if you're thinking about waiting for a second batch purchase. Then again it's possible the USD could plunge rapidly at some point next year if the economy worsens even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
CoMiKe said:
I think he's referring to my case, so I'd better quote myself. :) <snip>
Thanks for the info CoMiKe. That does seem to explain what is happening, and it doesn't sound unreasonable.

Refund cleared on november 22nd and Pandora re-ordered straight away.
I just put my original order number in the comment field of the bank transfer and transfered the same amount (in GBP) that I paid in the first place. My order also included a case and the AV cable, those are still in the pipeline too I hope?

Hope it's ok like this...

France refund 252,83euros on the 21/11 and i have paid 274,85euros. My bank has taken 2,20 % COMMISSION to pay the GBP to euro convertion. Now i need to pay 255euros to reorder, i do the bank transfer to the GP2x shop account (euro) aznd my bank take 3,15 € of commision to do the transfert.

To end, i have lost/paid up 25euros (2.2% commision, GBP/Euro, refund and transfert comission). I put this to the RAM Upgrade ^^

I had no email so assumed I was ok, but found a refund in my account this morning.

I have no mail of detaisl to reorder, can someone point me in the right direction please.

Dave

Yod4z said:
France refund 252,83euros on the 21/11 and i have paid 274,85euros. My bank has taken 2,20 % COMMISSION to pay the GBP to euro convertion. Now i need to pay 255euros to reorder, i do the bank transfer to the GP2x shop account (euro) aznd my bank take 3,15 € of commision to do the transfert.

To end, i have lost/paid up 25euros (2.2% commision, GBP/Euro, refund and transfert comission). I put this to the RAM Upgrade ^^
I don't get this logic.

You paid €274.85, that was the original price you were happy to pay.

You got a refund of €252.83 and have to re-order at €255, so you have to pay an extra €2.13 plus €3.15 commission, so the extra repayment is €5.28 . I'm not sure if you are saying you received €252.83 and then the bank deducted €5.56 (2.2%), or if the €252.83 was net of the 2.2%. Either way, the worst is €10.84.
Pook said:
I had no email so assumed I was ok, but found a refund in my account this morning.

I have no mail of detaisl to reorder, can someone point me in the right direction please.

Dave

Full email here.

@TAG
I don't know but i paid 310.65 euros. And the refund was 287 euros..
I haven't reorder yet (i'm waiting for an online form).
------------------------------------------

How to know the transfer amount i have to pay (if i choose the transfer solution) ?
It's the same as before (310.65 euros ?)

How many i have to pay back ? :blink:
Somebody ?

Mine came through also :) On the fence about reordering though, tempted to sit this out and wait for the second batch

you'll regret it :)

Mine came through also.

Will re-order using bank x-fer at some point this week.

joa said:
you'll regret it :)
I don't know, I'm beginning to think this is the right decision for me. Rightly or wrongly, I bought this thinking that it would be arriving beginning of December. Now that there's every chance I won't see one till next year, I'd much rather have the £200 spare for Christmas (I'm sure you know how it is).

Secondly, with all that's happened over the past week or two, I've become a bit uncomfortable with the purchase. I'll be MUCH happier reordering when I've seen pictures of a finished version and read a few positive reviews from people on this board about the build quality and such.

And of course, it means somebody who has the faith and missed out on the first batch now gets in on it so in that respect it's a win win.

Back