Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Just got my refund (could have been anytime in the last 4-5 days), and I got my re-order email about 3 weeks ago.

I'm actually about 20$ ahead, oddly enough. I'm in Canada.

I got mine back probably a lot eariler than th 12th. My #(&%#($&$ credit card company showed the refund on the 30th of sept....so I never looked back far enough.

I lost about US $70 + 20$ in currency conversion fees, but it could have been worse. I will re-order because I called DEBS, and she was great on the phone.

THomas

jellmoo said:
Just got my refund (could have been anytime in the last 4-5 days), and I got my re-order email about 3 weeks ago.

I'm actually about 20$ ahead, oddly enough. I'm in Canada.
The refund business is totally borked (not the team's fault, the bank seems to be tripping).
I live in South Africa and received about R110 less than I paid. Considering that the Rand has only weakened considerably against all major currencies I don't know how this is possible!

The Pandora folk were really awesome in helping me to sort this out, but it turns out they can't do anything. I had to lodge a claim with Visa... 30 days minimum dispute resolution time.

At at rate, with a big middle finger to the bank in question, I will be reordering as there is no way I am going to miss out on the Pandora, even if it costs me significantly more (you should see the rates now :( )

-(e)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stone the crows...

Just checked my bank account and I have now been refunded the exact amount that I initially paid.
I guess it pays to threaten the banks with an enquiry?!? Still if I had been refunded at the current exchange rate it should have been more, so there is something really fishy going on.

According to my bank there are 2 possible options:

1. If the buyer changes his mind he will get reimbursed at the original (purchase in his currency) amount.
2. If there is a refund due to merchant error you get what the exchange is.

(okay I may have got that confused, the wording was a veritable landmine infested field of lawyer speak!)

I would suggest that anyone who has refund weirdness approach their bank with a view to opening a claim with Visa / Mastercard / whatever.

Once again, this is nothing to do with the Pandora team, but with the bank in question, so don't blame them!
Now... I need to see if an international bank transfer is even possible...

-(e)

Back