Post Here When Your Refund Clears

jdh2550 said:
Unfortunately though the panda is being built in the US - so someone is going to take a bath (and the money changers are going to get rich)

Aye, and that's most likely why they've decided to use USD as base currency from second batch on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the 2nd refund for the accessories to my credit card.

GunPei2X said:
PSyMastR: won't matter mate, because that's about what you'll pay to reorder, so you won't lose anything much in the end.
You forgot about people who are not making the reorder, we lose a bit.

Okay so then what I'm getting from this is: if I go by way of bank transfer after receiving my money that means I'm going around the creditcard completely to have MY bank send THEIR bank an ammount which they will instantly convert into GBP, completly avoiding the question of how many $$$... except that with conversion rates you never know how much that is until they do the calculation based on the rates at the time of the transaction. In the end though this seems a far more reasonable situation except that people get freaked when you start flinging around bank account numbers in this day and age when they can be plucked from the air with little more than a pair of tweezers attached to a laptop with wifi.

Anyway, that seems to be the only way of avoiding another credit card fee to me, because Mastercard will quite happily charge you the full price again. I dont believe they will do a transaction in GBP atleast not with an american account, as far as I know.

EDIT:
Unless of course the reorder email is specifically designed to point to your order with the corrected transaction ammount letting you send back the ammount you got instantly rather than going through the original order process again.

Refund cleared as of Monday. Minus $65 bucks for the minimum order...ouch...that sucks. Hope batch two gets here sooner rather than later. :)

More chaff cleared out. I seriously considering banning PoisonedV and Candidstan for the rest of the month as a christmas present to the forums. This year I'm giving the gift of freedom from irrelevant gibberish.

Chip said:
More chaff cleared out. I seriously considering banning PoisonedV and Candidstan for the rest of the month as a christmas present to the forums. This year I'm giving the gift of freedom from irrelevant gibberish.
I really have no intent to mentally harm forum users as PosionedV does, so banning me for the rest of the month won't help much. I can't say as much for PosionedV... :unsure:

I honestly saw no harm in correcting someone's grammar from the states that probably speaks English as a first language.

However some people see it differently.

Yigguth said:
at least he lightens up the place
That post is pretty indirect. Who are you talking about? If you're talking about PosionedV, you've got to be kidding.

CandidStan said:
Yigguth said:
at least he lightens up the place
That post is pretty indirect. Who are you talking about? If you're talking about PosionedV, you've got to be kidding.

I hear about a lot of people being minus $$ when they got back their refunds. I received my refund a few days ago and after working out the refund in Canadian dollars, I am actually +20.00 ish dollars from what I paid in the first place...

D)

Chip said 'I can say with absolute certainty that you will not have to pay the same amount that you originally paid in USD. The amount you pay via CC will be based on either the rate from when you got your refund (you pay exactly what you got back, minus fees) or on the rate at the time the CC page goes live. I do not know exactly which, though personally I'm hoping for the latter.'
Technically, as far as currency conversions go, you have the same amount of money as you did when you ordered, practically you don't, but if you do re order, you will lose only a small margin of money depending on where you live and when the credit card signup goes up, chances are likely you'll break even or maybe have a couple bucks to spare.

also, candidstan your comments... just lol

Just re-paid via international bank transfer. It meant registering with the bank just to do it, but it was worth it. I paid exactly what was refunded in AUD, plus a small bank fee. No more worrying about the whens or hows of the long awaited credit card link. Merry Christmas.

I'd probably go ahead with the bank transfer, that is, if I knew how, since I've seen no instructions on how to do that yet.

But if Craig is saying that the US is the last on the list then that would seem to me to say that there's no reason to rush. I went from being one of the first guys to get my order in to being the last to get it in the mail so I might as well wait for the CC page to go live.

^ Specifics of how to do the transfer will depend on your bank. In my case I just had to register for SMS Security to allow international transfers, which took one phone call. (Then when you do a transfer, they SMS a security code to confirm the action).

Other than that, it was just like a regular transfer, with a few extra details required (all of which are in the Pandora email). My bank also required OpenPandora's address, which I found here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...&hl=address

12-13-08

Still no refund. I got the refund email Dec 1st.

I guess I was one of the earlier ones? My friend who purchased a panda as well got his refund 2 days ago, but order like 3 hours later than me.

Nailz said:
I got my refund yesterday, I am short about $64 USD.... ouch.
You aren't short anything if you reorder.

People keep bringing up the same thing. Maybe there should be a sticky at the top saying "YOU ONLY PAY BACK WHAT YOU WERE REFUNDED" to settle this.

Esn said:
Nailz said:
I got my refund yesterday, I am short about $64 USD.... ouch.
You aren't short anything if you reorder.

People keep bringing up the same thing. Maybe there should be a sticky at the top saying "YOU ONLY PAY BACK WHAT YOU WERE REFUNDED" to settle this.

and that still dosent take into account currency fluctuations (not only from first preorder but also second ) nor does it take into account some banks arnt refunding the service fees ... so yea somewhere someone looses money ya dolt ... while it seams OP is going to soak up the first set, if currency flucuates wildly between when they get refunded and the second reorder some people are going to be stressing some more about it :>

but shrug nuthing anyone can do till its time to reorder anyways,

So then the info on the Bank transfer is in the same email they're supposed to be sending for CC reorders then? sothen I might as well stick to that rather than going through the hassle of an unfamiliar transaction.

As it stands right now the way it looks to me is that the only loses you really stand to suffer are in the bank fees as they charge you for going through this process and then having to go back and do it again because all they're asking you to send them is the money that you got back which is supposed to be and exact conversion.

$350 + conversion to other currency + world wide financial crisis = $290
$290 + Still in finantial crisis + conversion to other cuurency = you getting your Pandora minus conversion fees ($30 ...roughly?)

Ok, I finally got my refund (I live in Toronto, Canada). :)

I'm not sure of the exact date that it was received, though.

So for now, I'm just waiting for the CC page to go up...

Back