Post Here When Your Refund Clears

Ordered - 04/10/2008 22:34 (£227.18)
Refunded - 24/11/2008 (£227.18)
Lose - £0
ReOrdered - 28/11/2008

mindlord said:
Got Mine, took awhile though, I got my email on Nov 26, and here it is the 11th of Dec. Yikes!

Same here. Email on the 26th, refund just came in. Seems I'm part of the recent flood of refunds.

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
I got the mail more than 2 weeks ago, and I finally got my refound today (Canada).

Paid : 382,33$cad
Refund : 359,70$cad
Net lose : 22,63$cad

I hope the CADGBP don't change much until we got the "Credit Card Order Page". Caus' I won't order by bank transfert.
If I'm not losing much, I'll order an extra TV-out, else my pand' will be up for adoption.

Yours,
Seb
It's been stated repeatedly by Craig and others that the amount you got refunded is the amount you'll have to pay when the reorder page is put up, you will not have to eat the difference should a change in currency make you pay more. Your "Net Loss" is/was/will remain 0$.

mindlord said:
sebt3 said:
I got the mail more than 2 weeks ago, and I finally got my refound today (Canada).

Paid : 382,33$cad
Refund : 359,70$cad
Net lose : 22,63$cad

I hope the CADGBP don't change much until we got the "Credit Card Order Page". Caus' I won't order by bank transfert.
If I'm not losing much, I'll order an extra TV-out, else my pand' will be up for adoption.

Yours,
Seb
It's been stated repeatedly by Craig and others that the amount you got refunded is the amount you'll have to pay when the reorder page is put up, you will not have to eat the difference should a change in currency make you pay more. Your "Net Loss" is/was/will remain 0$.

Not exactly a net loss of $0(even if you take the exchange rate out of the equation).

For me, I had to pay a $1.50 currency conversion fee on my October order. I was finally refunded minus roughly $3 less than I paid(again without the exchange rate fiasco) and minus that $1.50. Today I was hit with another $1.24 currency conversion fee for my "refund". Almost $6 has gone poof because of the banks paranoia and I have the pleasure of waiting for a CC reorder page since my bank charges $45 for a wire transfer.

When they finally, for whatever reason, allow us to repay by CC(again), I will have another $1.50 fee to pay. Good times. B)

It's not a loss, it's the exchange rate. Wasnt this already stated that you only need to pay back how much you were refunded?

I just got my refund on the 9th.
GP32 DISTRIBUTION - BATTERSEA 12/09/2008 09/30/2008 **** -$292.34

The way I understand it, once I get my email the only extra I have to pay is the Refund fee which was about 10 bucks and presumably the conversion fee when I reoder and send this 292.34 back out.

mindlord said:
I could be completely wrong, but I wasn't clear whether that's only if you were making a bank transfer within a short period. I think for credit cards it may fluctuate slightly before paying? It won't be much though, and could even benefit us.

PSyMastR: won't matter mate, because that's about what you'll pay to reorder, so you won't lose anything much in the end.

Haha

It's almost comedy now after seeing how many times that has had to be repeated.

Got refund aswell, my question is how and when i have the chance to place an order again?

mindlord said:
Where is this stated? I thought you'd have to pay 200 GBP again, not the exact refund amount in <insert local currency here>.

Xisiqomelir said:
mindlord said:
Where is this stated? I thought you'd have to pay 200 GBP again, not the exact refund amount in <insert local currency here>.

You are correct, we have to pay 200 GBP again. OpenPandora ltd, never actually *had* the money as far as I've read.

So we could actually make a few $ or lose a few $ depending on everything. It won't be as bad as $60 that people are reporting, but it could be in the +/- $10 area

Ahh, it's as clear as mud once again! Some folks saying "you only have to pay what was refunded" others saying "you have to pay full price because Craig never got the money in the first place".

Chip, oh great and wonderful communicator, I know you've probably said this before but I couldn't find it (shame on me!) but would you mind answering this question:

When the credit card re-order page goes up will we be re-paying $330 for the pandora?

(i.e. I think we're in the second camp where us early adopters will lose out because of exchange rate and refund madness - I suspect it's the bank that will be better off (because they got our money even if Craig didn't) It sucks, but that's life - unless we can band together and sue the bank?)

EDIT: as a "half way" house - could we pay in GBP? Then we'll be able to take advantage of the fact that USD buy more GBP than they did back when we first payed. Craig will still get 200GBP per pandora and we won't lose as much (I'm being specific to Craig because ED's orders were never affected by this, right?)

jdh2550 said:
Ahh, it's as clear as mud once again! Some folks saying "you only have to pay what was refunded" others saying "you have to pay full price because Craig never got the money in the first place".
You will have to pay what was refunded to you in GBP. So you will pay 197.77 GBP. Today that's ~$295, tomorrow it might be back down to ~$293 or it could be ~$300. Thus the many posts stressing the importance of getting the CC reorder page up as quick as possible...so the exchange rate doesn't have time to greatly fluctuate.

jdh2550 said:

Refunded - 199GBP*. Full price - 199GBP*. Stop thinking in $$$ and everything's easier to understand;)

* or whatever you initially paid.

salasq said:
jdh2550 said:

Refunded - 199GBP*. Full price - 199GBP*. Stop thinking in $$$ and everything's easier to understand;)

* or whatever you initially paid.

But I didn't pay in GBP the first time around - I paid in USD - so I was expecting to pay in USD the second time around. I paid 330 USD (the 330 was chosen at some point in the past and was stuck to despite currency fluctuations - which is a pretty standard thing to do).

Perhaps this is what's tripping folks up? I know it's making me chase my tail.

So,

1) original web page goes up and charges those in the US 330 USD
2) I place my order and 330 USD get's converted to X amount of GBP (that's 330 * USD2GBP which is NOT the same as 200 * GBP2USD)
3) Time passes
4) Refund comes back and X GBP gets converted back and now is only worth 300 USD
5) Time passes
6) re-order page goes up. Exchange rate is now different yet again.

Will the price on the order page be presented to customers in the US as:

a ) 200 GBP
b ) 330 USD
c ) 200 times the GBP to USD conversion rate when the page is first created
d ) the sum of the ages of the developers?
e ) none of the above?

Of course, we'll all find out "real soon now"... because that's when the fabled re-order page will appear.

I'm re-ordering no matter what. I'll be re-ordering happily if I'm only out the conversion fees and say $10 or $20. I'll be re-ordering less happily if I'm out the $70+ I'll be if I have to pay $330 again. But, it is what it is...

And what is that exactly?

Whatever you paid in $$$ got converted to GBP right away. I'm willing to bet that your Pandora price is what you paid the first time around in GBPs. So the price in GBP stays constant through all transactions... Sounds sensible?

The 'pay whatever you received' doesn't work in $$$, because it'd leave the system open for abuse. Devs have no way to know how much $$$ refundees received (can't even devise through forex data as I assume they have no info about when specific ones went through), but they know exactly how much that was in GBP.

Too many possibilities, even excluding nonrealistic ones. Best bet is to stop worrying and see what Craig & Co offer in the way of clarification once the page goes up.

salasq said:
Whatever you paid in $$$ got converted to GBP right away. I'm willing to bet that your Pandora price is what you paid the first time around in GBPs. So the price in GBP stays constant through all transactions... Sounds sensible?
Unfortunately though the panda is being built in the US - so someone is going to take a bath (and the money changers are going to get rich)

US Customer -> Xchange to GBP -> refund US customer -> Xchange to USD -> re-order -> Xchange to GBP -> Craig pays for US assembly -> Xchange to USD.

Man I want to be a money changer! ;)

I don't disagree with what you've said could work out reasonably well. I'm just looking for a word from on high (Craig, Chip, ED) rather than all the folks who post "this is a fact" when what they really mean is "this is my opinion from what I've read/wished/divined-from-tea-leaves"...

Back