Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

Getting about 10fps with G-Darius. Tryed GEX again and it still wont get past teh title screen.

EDIT: Just turned the sound on in G-darius and it dosnt sound right but it seems to add a couple of fps ?

zodttd said:
Turning on sound added more FPS?! Weird.
Unai said something about that, but i prefer sound off because of you cannot vol it down, and it sounds like screaming pigs :D
Not in all games you get extra frames.But in previous versions i get 3 frames extra in Wipeou.I saw like 17 o_O
Maybe you have to enable sound and mute it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill look at Unai's counter code for the SPU. Anyways, if you notice you get extra FPS with sound, you can always find a spot where no sound is being made, and turn it off right then. Then it wont loop. Not sure why it's running like that, I will have to look into it.

Ill look into SOTN not working as well.

Rivroner said:
-Winning Eleven 2002 is crashing when you are about selecting teams.In previous betas months ago it was working ok but too slow.

-Wipeout 1 is runnnig very well :) It is beautiful to see Wipeout on the GP2X.I am OC to 280 with Ram Tweaks on and i get like 9-13 frames it depends of the zone of the circuit and the ships in front of me.
Sound Off.Sound On is like an awful buzz.

-Castlevania SOTN is not working :(

-Batman Forever crash in "Now Loading".

-In the Hunt is working well.I get about 25 in easy areas. 275 OC.Sound On does not add more frames.Very playable :)

-Rapid Racer (Pal) if you Underclock to 40 it runs about 8 frames.It looks very well, althougt is slower than Wipeout 1 and you cannot play well.
Edited :p

evol said:
LegendaryMachine said:
Just out of curiosity, does any one know a good way to rip PSX games from a computer running on Mac OSX?
install cdrdao and rip your copy from the original with the commandline

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile mycopy.bin --device 0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw mycopy.toc

[bus,id,lun] is 0,0,0 for the first device 0,1,0 for the second and so forth

or you could give the servicename to the device like

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile mycopy.bin --device IODVDServices --driver generic-mmc-raw mycopy.toc

Er...I have no idea on how to install CDRDAO...sorry, but can you help? :unsure:

I understand all of the other instructions, though

holy crap... tony hawk 1 now runs and it runs at what seems to be half speed. I am only overclocking to 240 mhz. Please someone with a really high over clocking gp2x test tony hawk 1 at 270-300 mhz and underclok psx to like 30 percent but also try at 100... cant tell which is better. Unfortunately there is major graphical corruption. I am just excited because i can almost smell the playability of this game. Maybe im crazy when i say half speed and i suck at judging these things because the framerate is being reported as 7 fps. I will post a video tommorow of the graphical corruption.

Holy crap just played threads of fate again. It is ALMOST entirely playable. It strays between nine and 16 FPS a lot of the time and now and again jumps to 20 - 25. (This being in gameplay, of course)

And I think I've found a solution to my previous ripping problem.

Edit: Yup. Just ripped my own final fantasy seven disc and put it on my GP2X. It's playing...fairly well so far.

i have quite a few playstation games on my pc most are total crap games so i have never tryed them but i think im goin to go through them all just incase i find one that works really well :). Coudl take a while as its a few hundreds.

EDIT: Just tryed G police and it says its about 5 to 7 fps but i think its looks not too bad :)

FF VII now freezes during fights, but it does not freeze the emulator (I can still access the emu menu). It does seem to run a little faster though.

If FF7 freezes due to SMC, SMC must be reenabled due to popular demand. :p

New build coming in about 30 minutes.

Thank you for the hard work, but I think it's worth :D !
Please can anyone test MGS, cause my card doesn't stand the whole game - even ripped :ph34r: . Maybe I'm doing it completely wrong??
I hope for some shooters and racing games to become halfspeed .....

stay
Cheesey

zodttd said:
If FF7 freezes due to SMC, SMC must be reenabled due to popular demand. :p

New build coming in about 30 minutes.
I have been trying to sleep for 2 hours, insomnia has gonna kill me.
I will sleep another day, now i will be waiting next release :)
Thank you Zodttd ;)

:)
New release out, 040407.

It should be faster by a frame or two, and might have fixed some compatibility issues people were having after build 033107. Let me know if compatibility is as good as that build now. Especially if the battles in FF7 work! :p

Thanks...

Thanks for all your hard work Zod. As soon as I get round to ripping some of my PS games I'll hopefully help with the testing!

Wow, was not expecting a release this soon!

Fights are working again i FF VII :D And slowing the PSX CPU speed down to 28% @ 280Mhz is an average 2FPS faster on the world map/in fights :D

Hey I just tested FF7 using the 04047 build. Since this is the first build I have personally used I can't say for sure of any marked increase, however as a newcomer I'm generally impressed even with this level of emulation. I've got a question for you ZodTTD, why do FMV sequences run slowly (at least with FF7)? My logic on this is that it isn't using any 3d acceleration at the moment to bog down the emulator, is it due to the constant data fetching from the .iso/.bin etc. If that isn't correct then why so slow? Thank you...

PS: Settings where 280Mhz, no sound output, PSX timing at 30% and RAM tweaks on.

vaiovann said:
Hey I just tested FF7 using the 04047 build. Since this is the first build I have personally used I can't say for sure of any marked increase, however as a newcomer I'm generally impressed even with this level of emulation. I've got a question for you ZodTTD, why do FMV sequences run slowly (at least with FF7)? My logic on this is that it isn't using any 3d acceleration at the moment to bog down the emulator, is it due to the constant data fetching from the .iso/.bin etc. If that isn't correct then why so slow? Thank you...

PS: Settings where 280Mhz, no sound output, PSX timing at 30% and RAM tweaks on.
Decoding video is a highly processor intensive task.

Back