Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

LegendaryMachine said:
bOingball said:
Zodttd, I'm looking forward to a build today as well as I'm going to show your work off to 30 people tomorrow at a BBQ I've been invited :)
Love ya's all!

bOing

Haha, I really hope we're lucky enough for another build tonight. :p

You guys are super spoiled by all these releases zodttd makes.

I haven't seen him around the last couple days, I'll let you know when you can start panicking. Give it about another 2-3 minutes ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
LegendaryMachine said:
bOingball said:
Zodttd, I'm looking forward to a build today as well as I'm going to show your work off to 30 people tomorrow at a BBQ I've been invited :)
Love ya's all!

bOing

I haven't seen him around the last couple days, I'll let you know when you can start panicking. Give it about another 2-3 minutes ;)

Haha, I know, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Exophase said:
LegendaryMachine said:
bOingball said:
Love ya's all!

bOing

Hah, true, soooo true.

He'e like a drug pusher, only he pushes releases, and tempts us with news of things to come...

...Its great, but I need my hit already!

/me sits in the corner shaking waiting for Zod to post :D

Shifty said:
That was actually pretty fast in the videos I saw. Can anyone release a video of Oddworld being played on it?

It works very well indeed, but unfortunately still has many graphical errors to be playable. But Zod seems to have spotted the bug ;)

I have just finished making a video of grand theft auto running on the 2x it is just uploading now i will give the link when it has finished :).

wow! I cant wait to try a couple of PSX games now! Its just I have NO idea how to turn my disk into a file, and I'm not allowed to ask :)

? i really don't know why you shouldn't be allowed to ask. it's not piracy if you own the original disc. you're just transforming the data into an iso.

I dont know? I think we are probably going into questionable territory though, and we dont want to be banned now, do we?

on the other hand- I will have wasted my £3 I spent yesterday on a copy of driver 2... my PS1 broke down eons ago so I would have no use for it other than to use as a benchmark for PSX emulaton..

Ripping's fine. The only thing you're not allowed to talk about is where you can actually acquire roms that you don't own yourself.

WHat OS are you using Javaguy? I'm going to be presumptious and presume some flavour of Windows, in which case http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm does a fine job in most cases. (some people have recently reported getting some 0x00000001 error messages, which is usually down to a borken Windows CD/DVD driver) and if that does not work, or you use Linux/MacOSX, see here for some good apps!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

thanks yodaofborg! Im also pleased I can play PSX games guilt free! hooray!

heh, your presumptions were correct. I have ubuntu which I dutifully installed, but in reality don't use much as I cant even copy files without root access...

ahem. anyway.. thanks!

edit: guess what, I get an 0x00000001 error :(

I had a look at your wikipedia link, but couldnt see any totally free programs to make iso's from disks....

R-Type Delta @ 270MHz, no sound, PSX CLK @ 40% => 12-15fps
menu is a bit "off-screen" size
game playable in "slow-motion" fashion :) but hey .. lot of action in there

http://www.lucersoft.com/freeware.php This site offeres a freeware one (LC ISO Creator) - just out of interest, which service pack do you have on XP? Seems more and more SP2 users are encountering that problem with ISO recorder, and although I suspect a quick registry edit can fix this, I don't like asking the average user to fire up regedit :D (I'm not involved in the ISO recorder project, but do post to their forums lots)

Im on SP2... so yeah, maybe there is a problem. I have no problem with firing up regedit, but on the other hand I have no experience in actually doing any registry editing.... still, thanks for the link.

edit: that one doesnt work either. I get an "incorrect function" message. I am wondering if it is due to my Starforced DVD-RW drive.... it reads and writes CDs fine though.

You wouldnt happen to have a copy of nero would you? Sounds like it is indeed the driver/firmware on your drive doing funny stuff, but nero is more than capable of creating ISO's and it uses its own ASPI stuffs too, so will not produce this error.

Unfortunatley, although included with lots of DVD RW's and computers, Nero is not free, so I cannnot post a link >.< but if you can obtain a copy, heres a how to : http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=245

[edit]

You could always boot to Linux, and make an ISO with that, its as easy as typing mkisofs -J -o filename.iso /path/to/mounted/cd :D

Thought I'd finally give this a try...and of course it is not working like I'd like it to.

So: I've placed a schp1001.bin file at the indicated spot, and placed a suikoden.bin in the games subdir. Just for testing, I do no OC, no RAM Timings, no funny stuff at all - I just go to "load game", navigate to said suikoden.bin and confirm - and it hangs on "LOADING GAME".

Is this a well-known problem with suikoden, have I missed something obvious (this is straight unzipped latest daily build, nothing else on a new SD), does it sound like a bad bios or am I simply hexed :blink: :)

Help appreciated. Ripping FFVII as we speak :D

EDIT: Disregard on account of me being an idjit. Apparently, there is a difference between 1000 and 1001, and if youäre aiming for the link namned 1001, you really shouldn't hit the one named 1000 :p

Back