Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna d/l now and check it out. hmmmm...good playstation games? i sold mine after completing FF7 circa 1997 (to pay for my gf to come over from spain at the time....should have kept the PS!)

Probably missed a few good games to boot.

gargen: Try at 285MHz but use a VSyncRate of ~5000. Set it by pressing PUSH+VolumeDown twice after loading the game. It will probably help speed up that game, and other games that seem "capped" at a certain speed even if overclocked.

Let me know.

Changes:
- New root counters. Timings are now correct. Things like the ships spin at the correct speed in Wipeout XL's menu.
- VSyncRate can be changed during gameplay via PUSH+Volume.
- GTE edited to improve compatibility.
- Modified interpreter used instead of going the dynarec route. The ARM assembly interpreter is being redone right now.
- Sound is available to be turned on.
- Lots of various compatibility fixes.
- Save states should work again.
- etc...

EDIT:
Make sure a game actually didn't freeze due to the default VSyncRate timing. You should use the PUSH+Stick to change the VSyncRate before the freeze occurs (and possibly during) to see if you can get it "unstuck".

If you find a game becomes unstuck after changing the default VSyncRate value, let me know what value works! Thanks!

res evil 2 leon @266
intro vs 14 fr 8
ingame vs 14 ingame 6.5

having a dick of a job setting vsync using your mrthod zod, probably doesn't help that i've lost joystick cap grr

Canna get Chrono Cross going. Alls I get is the blank screen and it seems to instantly lock up. no time to change vsync rate. Is there anyway to change vsync before loading the game?

ff7 cd1 @ 266

titles vs 22 fr 11
intro vs 13 fr 5.5
ingame vs 19 fr 10

castlevania sotn @ 266

title vs 14 fr 14
menus vs 12 fr 12
fmv vs 14 fr 7
ingame vs 17 fr 8 f*ck it runs!! oops swearing

WCW Mayhem is as fast as it ever ran on the GP2X overclocked at 266MHZ but needs a speed boost. I'm impressed and the sound is clear even though its of course much faster with it off.

Damn, I want my GP2x up to 266 :S..
My Gp2x support 250 barely and 245 steady :S

I want 266 !!!

Good job Zodttd

vagrant story @ 266

.bin blank screen after load success
.img title fmv vs 12 fr 6 intro vs 24 fr 5.5 ingame vs 14 fr 7 very nice

gran turismo 1 @266

freezes on car manufacturers screen, clears with vs rate 15000-ish
intro fmv vs 30 fr 8
menus vs 32 fr 8
ingame vs 20 fr 5.5 wahooooooooo
christ i'm playing gt on a handheld lol
nice work zod

Is anyone playnig Wipeout 2097 or Wip3out? What's the playability like with this version?

I loved those games and will have to track them down if they're playable on the 2x.

Great work Zottd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back