Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
gone postal posted on Oct 31 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
You've obviousely never softmodded an xbox...

What makes this more funny is that it takes a far more intelligent person to pull off a soft modded xbox. You can go for a softmod, or a tsop, which is a bridging of 2 connections to cause a short to allow ftp access....

42 inch plasma....

pmp could stand for personal media player as well....

So, stop being so proud, get off your high horse, pick your battles...

Oh this is the CAKE I like to eat

This is not xbox-scene
Softmodding an xbox... pft -
My grandmother could softmod an xbox its that easy.

tsop an xbox, does not cause a short which allows you to ftp into your box, it unprotects the bios chip and allows it to be written to. A gamesave exploit is used to cause a bufferoverrun which then allows unsigned code to be run (such as an ftp server, usually based off of filezilla)

Your such a likable person because you have a 42 inch plasma

What is a pmp?

Choose your own battles.

btw The bickering should not end, it creates a nice read during the day.

doc5avage posted on Oct 31 2006 at 06:42 AM said:
[btw The bickering should not end, it creates a nice read during the day.
:( I'd rather read psx4all chat on this thread than waste my time filtering out the bickering..
Not that there's any psx4all news to read ;)

Back on-topic (ish) - anyone tried Wipeout on the latest beta? Is it 'playable'.
In fact - anyone got any idea what is playable (ie reasonable framerates) - I can just about handle a lap of Ridge Racer at about 6 fps...

DS Lite does a fantastic job at playing media, for just about the same price.

gone postal posted on Oct 31 2006 at 05:43 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
gone postal posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
Jackd posted on Oct 30 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
name a better pmp at this price... if you can't then stop complaining because you have the best one availabe... if you can, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT!

xbox = 100 dollars.

PMP = POCKET media player. Xbox can't be made portable without serious modding.

Let me tell you something: this is Linux. This entitles, inherently, that software is highly tweakable and can be faulty, requires reading comprehension in the form of reading instructions from the readme and help pages, and requires configuration of the utmost extreme for the hardware that it will be programmed on for maximum power.

This also applies to the GP2X in some contexts: faulty at times, hard to use, jack of all trades and master at none, but cheap.

All of this COMBINED makes this the least consumer/GUI friendly handheld on the market today and chances are EVER (besides maybe the GP32).

If you want a REAL media player, get a laptop, or get one of those new fangled things with the same functionality but without a keyboard (whatever it's called I forgot).

So, guess what? Complain. We will just reply, then don't care afterwards.

You've obviousely never softmodded an xbox because you would know that unleash-x the operating system is based off a emulated openbsd. What makes this more funny is that it takes a far more intelligent person to pull off a soft modded xbox. You can go for a softmod, or a tsop, which is a bridging of 2 connections to cause a short to allow ftp access. From there you can go ahead and install linux by ftping into your xbox and creating a separate partition. Then of course create a master boot record so you can use linux and still use your modded xbox. I personally use gentoox which is a modified version of gentoo with recompiled rpm's so I can surf the net on my 42 inch plasma.
My next project is coring 10 modded xbox's together to make a super computer clocked at 14 ghz. My project after that will be making my own personal arcade machine thanks to the great videos of hak5.org

I know what I'm talking about. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid. :lol:

I remember back in the days of who wants to be a millionaire. the question was as follows.

Which is a common use for the use of "com"

A.) community
B.) commerce
C.) I don't personally remember c

Anyway point being, he picked commerce and got the answer wrong. However, .com is commonly used on the internet for commerce. He was pretty pissed to say the least that he wasn't right (he was right btw)

Point being. pmp could stand for personal media player as well. So, stop being so proud, get off your high horse, pick your battles, and most of all stop patronizing people. That's the one thing you guys don't want. This console needs support. And with every jackass out there thinkin they are better then the other it's going to end in a big who has the bigger e-dick contest and this could very well crash like the nintendo ds homebrew scene. That's exactly how these things happen.

This is ended. I said I was sorry. The bickering is done. Say what you will but you won't get a response.

< /complaining>

Don't you remember the days long ago when we had cd players, these were used at home through speakers, then everyone was made happy by the invention of the personal cd player, in this case and in all cases after to my knowledge, personal in electronics means something designed to be used by one person. A soft modded xbox, something I did in the sixth grade, can be used by multiple persons... it is not personal and there is no need to talk about the xbox or anything of that nature. Though i know I am contributing, if you dont have anything constructive to say than do post in this forum... especially not in the psx4gp2x news topic. I missed zodttd's post about being back because of your whining.

kevcal posted on Oct 31 2006 at 09:25 AM said:
Back on-topic (ish) - anyone tried Wipeout on the latest beta? Is it 'playable'.
In fact - anyone got any idea what is playable (ie reasonable framerates) - I can just about handle a lap of Ridge Racer at about 6 fps...

I tried Wipeout and Wipeout XL. Both work. 7-9 FPS without sound, 4-5 with sound. Both games were ripped from originals. Both rips work in ePSXe. Both compressed with pocket iso. I do get a nasty stall in Wipeout when I select the speed class (venom/rapier)... I guess it's loading the 3d models for the next screen or something :)

ZodTTD - You have a PM if you missed it. I'd be more than glad to help with any optimizations.

Look at the videos i made a while back in this thread to see some playable games. Most playable i woudl say is constructor seems about full speed.

I think rebuilding from the ground up is a great idea. Whatever it takes man, as long as you don't cease development I say go for it. All good things are worth waiting for.

@fury - cheers for the info - guess not much better than ridgeracer then - I had thought from previous versions that wipeout would have improved a little more than that - never mind :)

@cabbages - yeah - great idea - hadn't thought of that(!) :huh: I wasn't thinking.

Thanks.

I'm just trying out this emulator for the first time, and have ripped Hot Shots Golf using Toast Titanium on my Mac. I get a load error when I try to load the game. I've tried renaming the disc image with .iso and .bin to no avail.

What do I need to do on a Mac to get a working disc image? I have Macs that run OS 9 and OS X.

Thanks.

- Tommy

How fast are Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party running? Are they playable? And is there a video floating around with one of these games running on psx4all?

How fast are Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party running? Are they playable? And is there a video floating around with one of these games running on psx4all?

I tried Worms Armageddon, and it's incredibly slow for a 2d game under psx4all---4-6 fps---It was basically unplayable. Interlace might help, but you're not going to be able to see your worms when they move.

So can GPU940 be used to speed up PSX4GP2X?

lol, thread necromancy

Damnation, Harvest Moon still doesn't work :(

Unai tolds me some days ago that he is writing his own GPU and it will be faster than using GPU940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back