Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey honestly y don't you just sell it instead of complaining. There are plenty of ppl here willing to buy a used gp2x if it overclocks high enough. I have gp2x, nds, and psp. In the end, they each have their flaws. The nintendo ds, psp, and gp2x: NONE OF THEM ARE MEANT TO BE GREAT MUSIC DEVICES. as far as movie devices go, try watching a movie on the "better" psp screen, then you'll see how "fun" of an experience that is. If you want a pmp, get a pmp, if you want a game device get a nds, or a psp. If you want a hybrid that is versatile keep your gp2x, thats it. No need to whine.

gone postal posted on Oct 30 2006 at 05:19 PM said:
icurafu posted on Oct 30 2006 at 12:07 AM said:
omg, take a chill pill, crazy man.

The fact that the GP2X does not use both CPUs at the same time very well is something that gets repeated over and over and over and over. If you were really in this scene for more then a week, you would have worked it out by now. If you're just a user, you shouldn't care if both cores are used or not.

How do you "work this out". Since I'm so crazy. Please instead of saying that it's not a problem. Do go on about a solution..... some crap I didn't bother to read

Did I say this was not a problem? no. Did I bother to read any further after that expression of cluelessness? no.

"Working it out" as in understanding that there are limitations on the gp2x duel core. Not as in working out how to fix the problem. Do yourself a favour and sell it and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to code
but
the waste of the extra core is a very real frustration on my end.

Er... :blink:

And I've already answered you about the second core. Try reading and comprehending before needlessly bitching.

I don't see why you don't sell your GP2X and buy a PSP or an iPod Video, they really seem to be more your speed. Although, judging by the nature of your complaints, I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with anything on the market.

I'll just keep enjoying this wonderful gadget, thank you.

ZodTTD, you've done a great job, even if the emu isn't fullspeed some games have been getting quite playable. You, Tinnus, Chui and Unai, have done an incredible job so far. All your efforts though maybe not always rewarded are always heavily appreciated if not by all users, by a great number of them.

Keep up all your good work! B)

Edit : Flames keep people warm :lol:

hackgrid posted on Oct 30 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
gone postal posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:19 AM said:
[crap...]

A dual core
[...crap]

Ehhh? Dual core? I thought there would be 2 seperate cpus...

I don't mind people using the term duel core, even if they are not on the same waffer. I don't think it matters beyond marketing. It's like that guy who told me off for using VPU instead of GPU.

Thanks so much ZodTTD, I'm always interested to see where this emulator is going, and now it has sound, it's playable with a few games.

Best of luck with all your other projects, ZodTTD :) - and as and when you decide what to do with Psx4gp2x, whether to continue building with this, or do another rewrite, best of luck to yourself, Chui, Tinnus, and U-Nai in making whichever decision you all feel's the best one!

icurafu posted on Oct 30 2006 at 10:50 AM said:
I don't mind people using the term duel core, even if they are not on the same waffer. I don't think it matters beyond marketing. It's like that guy who told me off for using VPU instead of GPU.

It's dual as in TWO not duel (which means a whole different thing). Why can't people ever get this right?
Two processors vs dualcore is somewhat different too, especially when the cores are different (as is the case with gp2x). VPU/GPU are really synonymous though.

This device is fuckin horrible. Now I've lost the d-pad and have to either order from lik-sang or play asia to get a replacement
Thanks for making it EASILY REMOVABLE! Fuckin jackasses. Honestly what were these crackheads thinking!

gaterooze posted on Oct 30 2006 at 12:52 AM said:
I don't know how to code
but
the waste of the extra core is a very real frustration on my end.

Er... :blink:

And I've already answered you about the second core. Try reading and comprehending before needlessly bitching.

I don't see why you don't sell your GP2X and buy a PSP or an iPod Video, they really seem to be more your speed. Although, judging by the nature of your complaints, I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with anything on the market.

I'll just keep enjoying this wonderful gadget, thank you.

The GP2X's second core is mainly used for video decoding, since the device is also marketed as a media player. However, people such as Notaz have found other uses for the second core, such as sound processing in emulation.

That's not an answer. Your saying that they advertise it as 2 cores. Yet you can only use the second core to watch videos! GREAT! I bought a second core to watch stuff in 320x240! Is that honestly what your trying to say?

name a better pmp at this price... if you can't then stop complaining because you have the best one availabe... if you can, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT!

All the dual core means to me is that whatever max potential gp2x has reached right now, it can be surpassed with the proper coding. That means that whatever state emulators are in now.... they can only get faster and better.

Please just sell the device so that all the new releases and breakthroughs come out, and then you'll feel like a complete retard. You're just an insecure person who can't stay satisfied with any decision, thats why you haven't sold it yet.

odessa posted on Oct 31 2006 at 04:51 AM said:
icurafu posted on Oct 30 2006 at 10:50 AM said:

It's dual as in TWO not duel (which means a whole different thing). Why can't people ever get this right?
Two processors vs dualcore is somewhat different too, especially when the cores are different (as is the case with gp2x). VPU/GPU are really synonymous though.

Thanks for pointing out my typo. Really worth mentioning.

But, that's a good point. The CPUs are slightly different. Really worth getting antsy about.

Jackd posted on Oct 30 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
name a better pmp at this price... if you can't then stop complaining because you have the best one availabe... if you can, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT!

xbox = 100 dollars. :p

anyway, I'll stop bitching. I really wish the guy with the owl would have pointed that out earlier. As I just found out this thing hasn't even been out for a year. I ass-u-me d that this thing was out for 2 years. So ya, you guys have actually come a long way. But you do need a better forum and better wiki. if I decide to stick with this thing I'm pretty sure I'll give back to the community. Next year with programming apps and cleaning up the wiki. But for now I'm just a n00b.

My bad. Keep up the good work and devs, ignore the flamers. Most of them like myself were talkin out of their ass when they should have done more reading :D

ur joking, usually when someone says pmp they refer to something portable. If you have portable xbox's for 100 dollars, ill take three. And if your definition of pmp is different, then you should have referred to my comment above and just bought an xbox.

gone postal posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:09 PM said:

xbox = 100 dollars.

PMP = POCKET media player. Xbox can't be made portable without serious modding.

Let me tell you something: this is Linux. This entitles, inherently, that software is highly tweakable and can be faulty, requires reading comprehension in the form of reading instructions from the readme and help pages, and requires configuration of the utmost extreme for the hardware that it will be programmed on for maximum power.

This also applies to the GP2X in some contexts: faulty at times, hard to use, jack of all trades and master at none, but cheap.

All of this COMBINED makes this the least consumer/GUI friendly handheld on the market today and chances are EVER (besides maybe the GP32).

If you want a REAL media player, get a laptop, or get one of those new fangled things with the same functionality but without a keyboard (whatever it's called I forgot).

So, guess what? Complain. We will just reply, then don't care afterwards.

Wow, this thread is totally destroyed now. Thanks.

Aren't there any moderators on these forums?

Sorry ZodTTD.

hahahahaha
lol

yes this thread is about psx4all which I still consider a very ambitious and GREAT project!!! it's like an example for other programmers :D

and about that bitching about 320x240 movies... do you really think you could see the diffrence with 640x480 on such a small screen? I think not... only if the screen was much higher I would be annoyed with the resoltion..

but really shall we talk about psx4all now? if you want to bitch do it in a proper thread (and actually I don't really see the point in the bitch'n .... if you don't like it why do you read these forums anyway? I know a lot of games, devices etc. etc. I don't like but I don't see the need to go to their forums and tell them how bad I think they are :p what's the use ???

PSX4EVER :p

Shikaku posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
gone postal posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:09 PM said:

xbox = 100 dollars.

PMP = POCKET media player. Xbox can't be made portable without serious modding.

Let me tell you something: this is Linux. This entitles, inherently, that software is highly tweakable and can be faulty, requires reading comprehension in the form of reading instructions from the readme and help pages, and requires configuration of the utmost extreme for the hardware that it will be programmed on for maximum power.

This also applies to the GP2X in some contexts: faulty at times, hard to use, jack of all trades and master at none, but cheap.

All of this COMBINED makes this the least consumer/GUI friendly handheld on the market today and chances are EVER (besides maybe the GP32).

If you want a REAL media player, get a laptop, or get one of those new fangled things with the same functionality but without a keyboard (whatever it's called I forgot).

So, guess what? Complain. We will just reply, then don't care afterwards.

You've obviousely never softmodded an xbox because you would know that unleash-x the operating system is based off a emulated openbsd. What makes this more funny is that it takes a far more intelligent person to pull off a soft modded xbox. You can go for a softmod, or a tsop, which is a bridging of 2 connections to cause a short to allow ftp access. From there you can go ahead and install linux by ftping into your xbox and creating a separate partition. Then of course create a master boot record so you can use linux and still use your modded xbox. I personally use gentoox which is a modified version of gentoo with recompiled rpm's so I can surf the net on my 42 inch plasma.
My next project is coring 10 modded xbox's together to make a super computer clocked at 14 ghz. My project after that will be making my own personal arcade machine thanks to the great videos of hak5.org

I know what I'm talking about. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid. :lol:

I remember back in the days of who wants to be a millionaire. the question was as follows.

Which is a common use for the use of "com"

A.) community
B.) commerce
C.) I don't personally remember c

Anyway point being, he picked commerce and got the answer wrong. However, .com is commonly used on the internet for commerce. He was pretty pissed to say the least that he wasn't right (he was right btw)

Point being. pmp could stand for personal media player as well. So, stop being so proud, get off your high horse, pick your battles, and most of all stop patronizing people. That's the one thing you guys don't want. This console needs support. And with every jackass out there thinkin they are better then the other it's going to end in a big who has the bigger e-dick contest and this could very well crash like the nintendo ds homebrew scene. That's exactly how these things happen.

This is ended. I said I was sorry. The bickering is done. Say what you will but you won't get a response.

< /complaining>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back