Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason when I run the emu and try to load a game i can't enter the game folder, anyone else have this problem?

JyuOH posted on Oct 15 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
for some reason when I run the emu and try to load a game i can't enter the game folder, anyone else have this problem?

You have to gently tap the button. The menuing system is very very very touchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. I just wanted to say that FFVII (PAL) did run at 240mhz. I can't understand this though because I could run the Neo-Geo emulator at 266mhz, no problem. Psx4all didn't run any higher than 240. I enabled sound for FFVII (what's Final Fantasy without the audio?) and it was running incredibly slow. Far slower than a previous beta. Sorry to sound like a complainer, but if you say there's just a 2fps difference generally if you enable sound, I doubt it'd even run faster if I disabled the sound.

Hey, if there's any chance of getting FFVII working at a good speed with sound in the future, let me know. Though you've done almost everything to tweak this emulator now... Well, you'll get my cash zodttd when I get Final Fantasy VII running well on it with sound! :) That was what I said. If you can pull this feat off, then you'll get some cash. It won't be much, maybe £40 or something, but that's a lot coming from a student.

Hey Zottd, with the successful use of the second core with pico drive, do you think you might be able to use it for something useful. I remember that you were saying something before about unai trying to use it to render the video.

Got Lemmings working at about 25fps @ 266, interlace 1, progressive scan on, sound on (vsync setting made no apparent difference, except for not working under 5000).

Tried Driver 2 (PAL), did not work. The sound from the Inforgrammes intro screen was heard, but the screen did not display, then the emulator locked up. Changing vsync made no difference.

hey guys what's up? zodttd told us about a new release coming soon after the previous beta, but no news since... is he working on a top secret dual-core PSX emulator? :ph34r:

*eager to see NeoGeo and PSX taking benefits from dual-core*

I believe he's working on commercial pda programs, guess he has bills like the rest of us :)
...and psx for dc,gizmondo,zaurus,gp2x,v43 etc etc

give the man(?) a break?

mtracy posted on Oct 21 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Does anyone know if zottd´s a man or a woman????? :blink: :blink: :D

are you goanna ask for his number?

:blink: who knew programmers were a chick magnet, im about to screw over my double major .NET class

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I've (finally!) properly ripped my Mortal Kombat Trilogy CD to an ISO usable by the Psx4gp2x, I'm eagerly (but patiently) waiting for updates that would make the emulator faster so that I could play my favorite game at something closer to full speed :D .

Me too, me too!!! Although very patiently... A new release would be interesting. B) ;)

Does the developer use both cores? I just bought mine and I am a n00b to the gp2x. I'm wondering why a lot of the emulators generally don't use both cores. Seems like a waste is all. Thx for your feedback.

Note: In the next week I will be uploading to youtube with video of the new build with silent hill, ff7, and resident evil directors cut because the dev asked us to do so. I hope the contribution can help him work out some kinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back