Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the only game that would be a problem is gta london were you need to insert the first gta to load the london disc but dont quote me on that its been ages since i played it lol

I've noticed that if you select mono sound (in games that support it), you get a slight speedup with sound turned on. Contra Adventures gained a little bit of speed this way. Turning music off on other games seems to make a difference as well.

Parappa did surprisingly well--it's not playable, but everything seemed to work okay, except for the cut scenes. Those didn't show up at all. It shows a lot of promise for future releases. I think I'm going to rip Blasto next. Not a great game, but the lack of textures might make it run a bit faster.

Anyone want me to make a video of a certain game ? i have lots of playstation games and i just found more in a cupboard haha biggrin.gif

Im intrested to see how resident evil 1 is running with this emu

Well, I ripped out a few more games. Blasto is actually very disappointing. Worm Armageddon was also way too slow. GTA 1 shows a lot of potential, and The Need For Speed 2 is a slideshow. NFS 2 also crashed when I tried to use Progressive Scan and Interlace 1. I did find one game that is playable in my collection---Viewpoint. :)

Viewpoint gets around 15fps with sound, and is playable. It slows down to 6-8fps at points, but it remains relatively skippy.

ruffnutts posted on Oct 8 2006 at 07:53 PM said:
i think the only game that would be a problem is gta london were you need to insert the first gta to load the london disc but dont quote me on that its been ages since i played it lol

Yeah with London i think you had to load London then GTA then London then GTA then London. But yeah mine could be wrong too. I just remember thinking it wasn't worth the hassle

Last edited by a moderator:
Draken posted on Oct 8 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
IIRC I believe in the FF games you could load the savegame you saved on disc one when you have disc 2 inserted, not necessery to change the discs with the ps1 on.

Not only FF games, it's that way in EVERY RPG I know (and I do know a lot!)
It's just for safety, a unit could crash when changing discs...

Last edited:
ok I'm not going to disagree with the way you said disc changing is cause I know your right, but I doubt the reason more games didn't do it like Metal Gear isn't because it could cause the system to crash. What it does (Id assume) is load up a bit of code in RAM that tells it next time the tray is closed check for ID *** before continuing. This allows you to change disc and the "kill disc spin" code if you will has already been sent, so its not like you yanking out a "hot disc".

This release doesn't even work for me. I can barely get past the first loading screens on FFVII, but if I get to the menu I can't start a new game 'cause it crashes on the intro. Also, I can't set the speed above 250mhz... it doesn't go to the emulator's menu if I set it above that.

I was testing save states system with Final Fantasy Tactics. I was able to save state into slot 1 (although it took a very large amout of time to do) during the opening conversation in the church (just before Ovelia - if thats her name - says "Oh God..."). Loading this state works fine for me. BUT: whenever I try to save again (I tried slot 2), the emulator simply freezes. Anyone tried save state system already?

I noticed that the .gpe does not create the sstates directory automatically anymore.
After manually doing that, it worked fine for me, except for memory card saves you sometimes have to select another vsync setting (15000 should work)

Shaun posted on Oct 9 2006 at 05:21 AM said:
This release doesn't even work for me. I can barely get past the first loading screens on FFVII, but if I get to the menu I can't start a new game 'cause it crashes on the intro. Also, I can't set the speed above 250mhz... it doesn't go to the emulator's menu if I set it above that.
I think you're overclocking too high then. Or it could be a bad rip.

I further tested save state system. It seems that there's a bug - whenever I try to use slot 2, the emulator freezes. All other slots seem to work perfectly. Anyone can test and confirm this?

ZeroFusion posted on Oct 9 2006 at 05:46 PM said:
I further tested save state system. It seems that there's a bug - whenever I try to use slot 2, the emulator freezes. All other slots seem to work perfectly. Anyone can test and confirm this?

I encountered the same problem. Trying to use state 2 kicked me back to the gp2x menu.

Finger Flashing @ 280mhz, VS~5000, no interlacing
Vsync=45-50, Frames=12-15

Playable! Neat little game. Sound hacks the frame rate in half.

CABBAGES posted on Oct 8 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
Anyone want me to make a video of a certain game ? i have lots of playstation games and i just found more in a cupboard haha :D

Have you got/able to do Driver & Driver 2? I would like to see if/how they run.

Also, is disc swap possible in the emulator? Driver 2 requires disc swap, as the game can not be run from the second disc (it always says to insert disc 1 first when loaded from the second CD).

It seems that resident evil 1 directors cut doesnt work. Could someone verify this?

it hangs after the gore message

Suikoden works nicely. Att 266, no interlace, VS at 5000 gives me around 16-20 fps ingame. Nice! No sound, obviously.

*So* looking forward to next beta :)

Yodar posted on Oct 10 2006 at 04:27 PM said:
It seems that resident evil 1 directors cut doesnt work. Could someone verify this?

Well i havent tested it but it used to work with the older releases, and your not the first to say its not working with this release, its a shame coz it was runnung very well before :(

BTW i think i will try wild arms :)

Yodar posted on Oct 10 2006 at 11:27 AM said:

I'm getting the same thing. I still have a copy of Resident Evil 1(the original in the huge box). I'll have to see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back