Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Scotland did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still cant believe it. Anyway i was reading about and thougth i read somewhere that mk1 gp2x`s cant connect to usb hardrive or even the hard drive through a bob ? or am i (hopefully) wrong ? I was goin to buy either a usb cable or bob but am now not sur eif they will work on my gp2x coz i think mine is a mk1. It will make it easier to try out psx4gp2x if i caN connect to my 500gb hard drive.

off topic
cabbages
i've a first edition, and couldn't get a BoB to work, although gbax were great and supportive (thanks debs).
in the end i got a cable from artaylor and that works fine with an external ubb hdd

thanks for the reply garengarch where can i get a cable ? i take it that lik_sang will have the mk2 gp2x`s ? coz i might buy another one from them so i can get a bob :D.oh and im just uploading a gran turismo 2 video :D

Heres another video !! same as all my other videos its overclocked to 266 and as you can see i might mess about with the sound and v sync.

Gran turismo 2 VIDEO

if anyoen wants me to try overclock a bit higher for any the games ive tryed let me knwo and i will try but im not even sure if my gp2x can go higher but maybe it can :rolleyes:

heres another video

URBAN CHAOS VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wont to say if it hasn't been said already:

Galerians Interlace 1 Progressive On Sound On VSYNC 5584 Nets roughly 20 FPS.

I just want to say thank you for this emulator. And also recommend anyone who hasn't played it to pick it up. A side note when the game needs you to switch disc is that possible with the emulator and if so how?

Lupin posted on Oct 7 2006 at 10:34 PM said:
A side note when the game needs you to switch disc is that possible with the emulator and if so how?

There is only 1 game that ABSOLUTELY requires this, I believe it was a Metal Gear game...

So it shouldn't matter... even then, I bet savestates might work with this...

Oohhhh, Twisted Metal 2 is getting very close to being playable. The menus appear to run at full speed, and the intro videos are getting close. In game, I'm seeing 7-8fps. But, if you crank up a challenge match in Holland(the board with the least demanding requirements), it's pretty playable, even with sound. This new release is responsive enough that I can pull off some of the special moves with the d-pad. Nice work. :)

Nuclear Strike hangs up in the middle of the Electronic Arts intro animation. I haven't ripped my copy of Soviet Strike yet, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm going to try out Parappa the Rapper and Contra next. Portable Parappa would be great. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

COLIN MCRAE 2 VIDEO

Anyone want me to make a video of a certain game ? i have lots of playstation games and i just found more in a cupboard haha :D

@ CABBAGES great vids mate saving alot of people time and effort testing. have you got clock tower 1 or 2 to test mite run well

@ psx4all team this is by far the best release yet im sure you all will agree keep up the good work looking forward to the next release 8)

Shikaku posted on Oct 8 2006 at 06:14 AM said:
A side note when the game needs you to switch disc is that possible with the emulator and if so how?

There is only 1 game that ABSOLUTELY requires this, I believe it was a Metal Gear game...

Ive never gotten past any other 2 disc game outside of Lunar Silver Star Story on the PSX. So, what your saying, is that you dont actually switch disc during gameplay? But instead you save the game the disc ends and tells you to load the save from the next disc? I think thats how Lunar did it, but its been so long I forget.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 VIDEO

I tryed to rip clock tower but it didnt finish ripping :(.

Shikaku posted on Oct 8 2006 at 09:14 AM said:

Yah, my yank-MGS needed a hot-swap to get past the disc-chance... Right after I killed Sniper Wolf, IIRC.

Lupin posted on Oct 8 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
Ive never gotten past any other 2 disc game outside of Lunar Silver Star Story on the PSX. So, what your saying, is that you dont actually switch disc during gameplay? But instead you save the game the disc ends and tells you to load the save from the next disc? I think thats how Lunar did it, but its been so long I forget.

almost always, yes. i guess the idea of changing a disc with the PS running might be kind of risky or something..

Cabbages: what is it like when you turn performance-saving stuff like interlacing on? do you get a nice speed boost? :)

subin posted on Oct 8 2006 at 06:45 PM said:
Lupin posted on Oct 8 2006 at 02:33 PM said:

almost always, yes. i guess the idea of changing a disc with the PS running might be kind of risky or something..

Cabbages: what is it like when you turn performance-saving stuff like interlacing on? do you get a nice speed boost? :)
A lot of games asked you to save, then change discs with the ps1 on, like all the FFs.

IIRC I believe in the FF games you could load the savegame you saved on disc one when you have disc 2 inserted, not necessery to change the discs with the ps1 on.

uh yeah, that's what i meant draken + goity. sorry if it was unclear XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back