Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Tinnus said:
Also, I've been struggling with OpenGL ES 2 the last week, but let's hope I come out victorious on that struggle :p

You might want to talk to Adventus to get some insight on that. He's been working with it for Mupen64plus.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
Of course we're working! I might say people complaining about the lack of CDDA should get hyped up meanwhile ;)

Also, I've been struggling with OpenGL ES 2 the last week, but let's hope I come out victorious on that struggle :p
:) please let it be true!

Tinnus said:
Of course we're working! I might say people complaining about the lack of CDDA should get hyped up meanwhile ;)

You have no idea how happy I am you just said that!

Thanks a million for your efforts and good look with OpenGL ES 2

Tinnus said:

I'm quite confident you will... :)

Keep up the great work!

I have a feature request that needs to be implemented ASAP ;)
Can we have the emulator remember the directory for roms? I need to move my iso stuff to the larger card and I don't want psx to forget were I put them...

Tinnus said:

Thank you for all the help and contribution to this emulator, it's fantastic now and i'm sure will just get better and better!! Cannot wait for CDDA!! :D

What it really needs and is fairly easy is per game config of controls, especially shoulder buttons. Many FPS games are very difficult with the current config for strafing. They are hardcoded in opposite of what would work well for those games.

DaveC said:
What it really needs and is fairly easy is per game config of controls

I agree. Most of the Pandora's current emulators need per game configs, at least for controls if not more.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:
What it really needs and is fairly easy is per game config of controls

I agree. Most of the Pandora's current emulators need per game configs, at least for controls if not more.

-God Ginrai
Yes!

Small issue with FFVII. Because the bios re-loads on a disc change you can't seamlessly change discs without the save and re-load of the bios in between. This doesn't effect playability with FFVII because it lets you post a save that you can start with the next disc from.

I don't know if this could be a potential issue with other games. Overall the emulator is amazing though. Playing through is super smooth and the FMV scenes are awesome.

Great work on this, congrats and thanks to everyone who put time in.

Bryce Leo said:
Small issue with FFVII. Because the bios re-loads on a disc change you can't seamlessly change discs without the save and re-load of the bios in between. This doesn't effect playability with FFVII because it lets you post a save that you can start with the next disc from.

I don't know if this could be a potential issue with other games. Overall the emulator is amazing though. Playing through is super smooth and the FMV scenes are awesome.

Great work on this, congrats and thanks to everyone who put time in.

So.... it works like the original system did? I don't see how this could cause an issue with any game seeing as all multidisc games on the PS1 worked that way. (unless I'm missing your point, in which case, enlighten me)

-God Ginrai

Some (all? I can't remember any that didn't do this!) multi-disc games would prompt you to insert the next disc without requiring the system to be restarted or powered off. ;)

But, as far as I know, all multi-disc games could handle being started from the next disc on the next boot-up of the system, as well, so your point still stands. :p

Prometheus said:
Some (all? I can't remember any that didn't do this!) multi-disc games would prompt you to insert the next disc without requiring the system to be restarted or powered off. ;)

But, as far as I know, all multi-disc games could handle being started from the next disc on the next boot-up of the system, as well, so your point still stands. :p

I'm going by some hazy memories of the good old ps1 days and I thought there were a couple games that would just pop out the tray and wait for the next disc. I could be crazy, it was quite some time ago.

That's what I meant - most multi-disc games do do that (but as far as I know, all of them could also start from the next disc and your save-file next time, as well). :p

Prometheus said:
That's what I meant - most multi-disc games do do that (but as far as I know, all of them could also start from the next disc and your save-file next time, as well). :p
Lol, yeah i see what you're saying, but i'd swear some didn't give the option to save and just shot out the tray. Lol clearly I'm wrong though.

Bryce Leo said:
Prometheus said:
Lol, yeah i see what you're saying, but i'd swear some didn't give the option to save and just shot out the tray. Lol clearly I'm wrong though.

You are very much correct. Metal Gear Solid asked for disc 2 and to press start afterwards. This was the way it worked in some games.

Have a look at 7:10 in this youtube link.

link...

Yeah, some games did this as a sort of anti-piracy kind of protection(disk-swappers mainly).

But very few, as a matter of fact the only one that comes to mind right now is MGS. Maybe Parasite Eve 2 as well?

Of course the biggest problem with MGS will be when you need to use the second controller against Psycho mantis :(

Lobo said:
Yeah, some games did this as a sort of anti-piracy kind of protection(disk-swappers mainly).

But very few, as a matter of fact the only one that comes to mind right now is MGS. Maybe Parasite Eve 2 as well?

Of course the biggest problem with MGS will be when you need to use the second controller against Psycho mantis :(

You can kill Mantis without changing ports too

you have to get killed by Mantis(after Campbell tells you to switch the controller port) and then continue. The next time through if you call Campbell, he will ask you if there is some reason you can't switch controller ports...then he thinks for a bit
Call him back and he will say to shoot the statues with the gas masks on (that mantis throws at you), this will have the same affect as switching controller ports.

mrdremel said:
You are very much correct. Metal Gear Solid asked for disc 2 and to press start afterwards. This was the way it worked in some games.
That's the one!!!! I never owned it but I played it at my buddy John's house a good bit.

I don't have my Pandora yet but was wondering if there had been any progress on this emulator.

Back