Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

I just played your update of Postal with the steam version, it works great and the full screen and gamma changes improve the game a lot. Thanks!

Why is it not on the Repo though?
Thanks for testing.

I would like to have a version compatible with both Steam and GoG version. But if no one with GoG version test, I'll upload it as-is.

Last edited:
Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : oops, I missed your post about the updated Postal PND. I'll give it a go with GOG data ASAP !!!

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1466144222,1466143426][/doublepost]IT WORKS !!! HOORRRAAAYYYY !!!! :D

Thanks a lot @ptitSeb !

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb Just bought from GOG Postal (Classic and Uncut) at € 1.39 :)...but i don't have time to test until tomorrow (i think).
Only hope to no need to use my left nub to play (as is not working good)

Yeah. For nub control, I need to hack sdl2 to add a "dual nub" mode, were the 2 nubs are seen has a single 4-axes joystick (controled by an environnement variable). That way, it should be plug'n play for postal and rvgl (at least). I should be doable, I already started taking a look on how to do that.

Probably the picture of the crosshair that is missing in the data.I'll check that.
By the way @Magic Sam how is the GoG setup file named for postal?
I'll tell you that ASAP ! On a side note, do you know why FIRE, STRAFE and WALK each appear twice in the controls options ? Are there any differences ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

No I don't know. Alias I guess? Remenant piece of older version?
I checked the crosshair, but didn't find anything usefull (just "F2" in game is supposed to toggle crosshair).

@ptitSeb : the GOG setup file I downloaded is "setup_postal_cu_2.1.0.8.exe" :)

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1466246863,1466245157][/doublepost]
No I don't know. Alias I guess? Remenant piece of older version?
I checked the crosshair, but didn't find anything usefull (just "F2" in game is supposed to toggle crosshair).
You are right about "F2", it does turn the crosshair on while in game :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

I uploaded a new build that *should* unpack the gog data if no data is found, and if the setup_postal_... file is put in appdata/postal. If @Magic Sam or @pengo or anyone else with GoG data can try.

@ptitSeb : your new build works perfectly, thanks a lot ! :) Could you please add some disk space check before the actual unpacking takes place ? I ran out of space on my SD card the first time I tried this new build. The installer didn't fail but it couldn't extract all the necessary files from the *.exe, which in turn made Postal complain about the title sequence and crash. FYI, the setup file + the unpacked data use ~460 MB of disk space.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Wouldn't checking free space on the SD be good enough?
This is interesting. Can a folder have less free space than the disk or card it's located on?

How do I know on wich SDCard I am. the script only knows it's started on /mnt/utmp/postal wich is a union of a sqashfs and folder...

Would that not work?
Use df to get the loop device of game
use losetup to get the path of the pnd
grep the subfolder of /media from path

Edit: Doesn't need all that, df gives you availabe space per mountpoint

Last edited:
yeah ok, I can do that, get the availble space and warn if probably not enough space is present.
[doublepost=1466264156,1466263811][/doublepost]Something like
Code:
FREESPACE=0
for i in `df | grep "$pwd" -F | awk '{print $4}'` ; do FREESPACE=$i ; done
should do the trick (there is a export pwd=$(pwd) in the beggining of the script)

Back