Redundancy?

I don't think it will. There need to be reasons to make it worthwhile to switch. If there aren't, then the new boards are unnecessary.

Meh, I personally would like all Pandora info in one place. GP32X was created around the Gamepark, and then Gamepark Holdings communities. They were never official GP32 or GP2X forums, but they were created by OPT because the official forums were crap. Ed did a great service to the community with his file archive, and craigix did great too with errm selling me my GP2X and Payback, so yeah.

I have not used anything more than the Pandora section since my GP2X became not very use-able for me. So yeah, the Pandora can only grow from here, maybe the old Pandora section as a whole should become read only? Are you all cool with being GP32 ranked when you have never even held one? Do you ever intend to get a Pandora? If the answer to all these questions is no then **** off because we do not need you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it will. There need to be reasons to make it worthwhile to switch. If there aren't, then the new boards are unnecessary.
That's why Craig's looking into integrating the Pandora app store etc. into this forum, because that's the type of stuff that will make a big difference to the Pandora project but can't be done with the other forum.

That would definitely give this forum a chance at surviving. Only time will tell, I guess. But there's no cost in trying, so why not?

Sigh, somehow the Dingoo section seems to fit within gp32x quite nicely...

(yeah, sorry for such first post but this move is kinda saddening)

I hadn't about the drama over there but I think I'm on board with the move. Not that I'll never visit the other forums, but this'll provide a nice reboot of my Pandora forum reading...

Sigh, somehow the Dingoo section seems to fit within gp32x quite nicely...

(yeah, sorry for such first post but this move is kinda saddening)
True, but the Dingoo developers don't have a lot of the spanish developers pissed off at them for one reason or another. Some of those developers love to fan the flames on both forums.

I think integrating the appstore with these forums would be a huge plus. I don't know how it would be done, or if possible you could link appstore accounts with forum accounts, but that'd be awesome!

True, but the Dingoo developers don't have a lot of the spanish developers pissed off at them for one reason or another. Some of those developers love to fan the flames on both forums.
I'm Spanish and I would have loved to be part of GP32Spain as well but their antipandora attitude is so sickening that have killed activity there.

And why is that?

Mrph, don't answer that, sadly, I know the answer, and I do understand them all too well...

I'm still sad of the split, there are many nice gp32x regulars that help and contribute to the pandora section, and in the future, or even now the pandora section could contribute to the rest of the community. This way now, many from the first group won't come back here or will do so very sporadically and lose a lot of their wealth and the latter won't happen, ever.

Lets hope the benefits outweighs the losses, and hopefully, will help reconcile both communities.

i just hope the drama can be nipped in the bud with the split. its pointless to keep dragging it out. i don't want to see some kind of big divorce or messy public division between gp32x and here, and gp32x certainly shouldn't or wont be deserted. lets get on now with the pandora and what it can do, not what its relationship is to some people posting on a forum.

edit: also, hellollo!

Well I'm done with gp32x, my account should be gone now.

It is sad to see some of the trolls from GP32X already coming here trying to cause trouble. We don't want it here, all that can stay where it started, gp32x.

Also it's wonderful to post without the fear of my posts being deleted or edited! Hurrah!

I was personally beginnning to find it difficult to work out what the hell was going on on gp32x.de. If a new forum makes it easier to cut through all the crap - and the pointless arguing - then I'm all for it.

I think its going to be a question of which board is busier and perhaps therefore more useful. The two forums will co-exist ok. Look at us all here so we don't miss anything!!

Last edited:
What? So this is now Craig's place and GP32x is mali's (or whoevers) place?

I can't believe the community is told to split up just because of a childish fight with a sad or even ridicolous ending (Craig leaving the sandbox with his middle finger up telling the community to follow him). I'm sure the problems could have been adressed over at GP32x with a happy ending for both and with generally leaving the community in peace.

If I'm wrong with my assumptions here, which could be, then I would invite you to read my proposal here:

in order to NOT further split the community.

What? So this is now Craig's place and GP32x is mali's (or whoevers) place?

I can't believe the community is told to split up just because of a childish fight with a sad or even ridicolous ending (Craig leaving the sandbox with his middle finger up telling the community to follow him). I'm sure the problems could have been adressed over at GP32x with a happy ending for both and with generally leaving the community in peace.

If I'm wrong with my assumptions here, which could be, then I would invite you to read my proposal here:

in order to NOT further split the community.

This move is more likely "Better safe than sorry". Even if this would get solved, someone could still starts similar later again. More control for the team is better so that no one makes edit/delete etc that would harm the team/company.

I like to think the reason for these new boards is business and not politics.

Let's just move forward rather than talk/argue about this. Let's try to make this place as good as gp32x once was. I cannot explain how relieved I am that we are here now. It has taken much stress from my mind.

That kind of modding can stay there with the 4chan generation which seems to be taking over.

They jumped the shark when they seriously considered the slipzone kiddies for mods (and made one or two of them so).

edit: posted before seeing craigix's "let all move on" post - fair enough. I was against the last "move" but I'm starting to come around to this one - nice forum!

Back