Reordering Update

As Barclays is the Bank that OpenPandora has its account with if you go there and give them your payment they WILL not charge you Or OpenPandora.

Sigh, once again we wait until something is announced. I am probably going to pay by bank transfer as well as soon as I get refunded.

This device will be too epic not to have immediately.

Has Mweston received the keyboard mat yet? Also, if he has had the case, why has there been any pictures of the Pandora in its case without the keyboard mat?

Oh man! I had actual hopes that I would get a pandora by the end of January.

Looks to be more like mid to end of February

I had intended to pay by credit card. Now made the jump to bank transfer. So at least it is done.

Maybe once the first batch is through and the second batch is on its way, the bank might have some confidence and start behaving normally. Might be a little over optimistic there, don't know.

I'm leaning towards biting the bullet and sending my money through Xoom. I just want to get it over with so I can get my Pandora that much quicker. My initial order was just a single Pandora unit, and my original receipt I received via email said it cost 197.77 GBP. I later added a tv-out unit, but I may hold off on getting one for the time being(I doubt there will be a shortage once things are running smooth for Craig and company).

Taking this to it's logical conclusion, could I just send the USD equivalent of 198 GBP plus Xoom's fees? Would that square things away with my order? Any thoughts?

I'm trying to use xoom, and I may be a bit dense in these matters. But how much to I pay?

And if this turns out well, I'll write a brief set of instructions on how to use xoom to do this. I think the $5 fee is well worth the upgrade being given to us.

I am signed on to xoom can any one tell me how to fill out the send to for the first and last names for the pandora acount thanks :)

Restless said:
I am signed on to xoom can any one tell me how to fill out the send to for the first and last names for the pandora acount thanks :)
Account Name: Open Pandora Ltd.
Sort Code: 20 23 81
Acc. No. 83525767

BIC/SWIFT BARCGB22

IBAN IS GB33BARC20238183525767

Bank address is:
Barclays Bank
9 STATION ROAD
ASHINGTON
NORTHUMBERLAND
NE63 9XB

I'm not sure if that's what you want. But you might as well have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember someone posting that first name and last name must be both "Open Pandora Ltd", but I can't find that post any more. Maybe the one who posted it edited or deleted it?

What about the "county" field on Xoom? I put Newcastle Upon Tyne as the city. Should this go in the county field instead?

The international wire fee for my bank is $30, a 10% surcharge :/

Going on the compensation point in Craig's OP, if GBAX could throw in one of the high-margin accessories (case? t-shirt?), that could probably tip me over.

A T-shirt saying: "I went through the banking fiasco and all I got was this lousy T-shirt (and a Pandora)" would be awesome.

Pleng said:
craigix said:
we can no longer accept all orders via credit cards.
Well there really is no nice way to say this, and I kinda wish I didn't have to, but: I simply don't believe that.

judgejudyoi7.jpg

Judge Judy says "it doesn't make sense, and if it doesn't make sense....."

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just sent some money to OpenPandora through Xoom. I only hope I haven't just royally screwed up somehow or in some way in the process.

For the record, I used "Tyne and Wear" as the county, which I got from this Wikipedia entry.

Now to sit and wait for some type of confirmation that I'm in the clear...

Does Xoom only work for US orders, or would I get caught out if I were trying to use it from Ireland, in that I'd be changing currency twice, and incurring 2 sets of fees?

Back