Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Still waiting for my turn. Preordered on 05/06/16 and seems, for now, it's no my turn.

I've ordered on 12. Mai 2016.
Still no Mail for me, but I'm not in a hurry ;-)
Just because I'm curious:
Where was that order number checker?

slightly delayed update, order is in.
I do have a question, how much different are the triggers from the prototype cases and the triggers we have now? I thought about switching out the regular black triggers it comes with the the clear ones from the prototype cases

Last edited:
slightly delayed update, order is in.
I do have a question, how much different are the triggers from the prototype cases and the triggers we have now? I thought about switching out the regular black triggers it comes with the the clear ones from the prototype cases
I've only seen it the other way around. I'm envious you have a clear case.

I've only seen it the other way around. I'm envious you have a clear case.

They still have them in the shop, at least the transparent ones. There used to be other colors [red,blue,purple, and grey i might be missing one] but they are long gone. I grabbed 3 of them, as i was planning on using dye to tone the case to an atomic purple and a second one to match the adafruit x pimoroni pibow case. I have never seen such a striking blue color since and I have never seen another person who owns that case. It was a collectors edition piece built to go with their piglow raspi hat that came out around the same time.
1686600099506.png

Once again, could the folks just receiving their Pyras, just let's us the order date and time, so we can gauge how close by (far-off?) we are in relation to that date and time.
haven't received it, I simply finished my order. As for the order date, on my end it was the last day of april, on the server however, it is shown as the first of may at 4 am [ish]
Your unit shouid be ready if you have placed your order before 05/01/2016 07:00:00 (UTC +2).
The updated time frame is on the first page so if you are below this range, check the tool that is also on the first post. I did not receive the final email, I simply checked the time window then checked the tool to be sure i was able to get the order started. The links to the two color choices are behind the tool site.

Last edited:
Yep. According to the online tool my order is ready.

Ordered: Apr 30, 2016, 9:19 PM EST

Sooooo tempted to get a clear case. Why not I guess. I was one of the loons pushing so hard for it. Not quite sure how to use my voucher... it never seems to ask for it in the entire checkout process.

*Edit I'm an idiot. Theres a "promotion code" link beneath the total that when clicked reveals a field for the voucher code at the very last stage of checkout. Don't be dumb like me and pay the full amount without adding your voucher thinking you apply it afterwards. ‍ Thank you @EvilDragon for fixing everything! Super excited!!

Last edited:
also to prevent for other kinds of questions: I completed the purchase on 06/11 however, this is as far as it has gone since 06/17. So the kind of shipping selected (3-7 days in this example) will not do much as the wait for the item will vary wildly. a counter time frame was when the cases were up for buy, from that timeline, it was shipped the same day. I do not feel there will be a general arrival time that others can look to in terms of the pyra. So it is best to not worry too much about when someone has ordered imo. Theres no concrete 'order to arrival' frame to look at.

Reactions: rSl
yay, i got a pyra! :)

tiny, first impressions...
looks and feels really nice, quality built
case, keyboard and nubs are greatly improved, love the kb-backlight
screen is gorgeous
love the coloured logo bling
runs fine out of the box, no problems so far
gets not as hot as i feared, but goofed only a bit in the o/s so far
the box and manual are beautiful

thanks! :cool:

yay, i got a pyra! :)

tiny, first impressions...
looks and feels really nice, quality built
case, keyboard and nubs are greatly improved, love the kb-backlight
screen is gorgeous
love the coloured logo bling
runs fine out of the box, no problems so far
gets not as hot as i feared, but goofed only a bit in the o/s so far
the box and manual are beautiful

thanks! :cool:
nice. I got a response from ED a while back regarding shipping: so the copper cases aren't there as of yet. However there is a small number of chrome cases left. I offered to also buy a chrome case so I can have a two tone pyra, but no response yet. More likely a good sign for more emails going out as they are a pree busy person.

Reactions: rSl
finally, got my Pyra handheld :D
thanks for Ed's great support for shipping problem

my Pyra handheld
1.jpg

but bad news is ">" key doesn't work even though upgrade OS
2.jpg

after teardown, the resistor is broken...
3.jpg

luckly, Pyra is open source project, include schematic
4.jpg

after re-solder 10K resistor, it works :cool:

Back