Slackware for Pandora 14.0

Linux-Swat would you mind posting some pictures or a video of your slackware port on the pandora.I am intrested in getting it but not sure how this distro works on the pandora. (I have never used slackware on my pc either)

Phew ! Fixed many bugs today in my enhanced build system !

Creating a release is now very clean. Looking back not so long ago, it was such a mess :/.

The drives are back to /media , so i rechecked .pnd mounting: the problem still occurs.

Pndnotifyd has to be relaunched after each mount.

I have no idea why, and this is beyond my knowledge, so pleeeaaaaaase... help !

ED, if you can PM the maintainer of libpnd, i'd be happy.

Next plans:

-Menu's readme reader. Still not working.

-Think about the Xfce interface.

-Wait for updated SlackBuilds from slackbuilds.org. I need them to retry the freshly updated Libre Office sources.

-Wait for the new Zaxxon release. I'll grab the official kernel (not really needed, but safer for debugging) and gamma-stuff.

-Various stuff to fix/compile, like Qt3 and omapfb-ified MPlayer.

But sometimes very frustrating. Have to check one of my SD cards because i had strange bugs with it, which vanished with another card.

Hopefully, working with Slackware gives confidence because when a strange problem occurs, it's always a hardware problem.

Fixed menu's readme reader !

I tried Slackware again and i was very happy that my

RT73 Wlan Stick works very fine,because i have in my living Room

bad Internet Connection with the Pandoras build in Wifi.

For Internet surfing work your Slackware wonderfull and very smoothly,compliment :)

I wrote this Post with your Slackware Port and i have a little Qestion: ^_^

How can i install the Packages from your SlackwareRepo?

Example: I downloaded vlc.tar.gz for Slackware and tried it to install with installpgk,

but id dont work.

Must i extract the File first?

Can you give me a example Command for tar to do this?

I found no squeeze or file-roller for easy exctacting on your System :rolleyes:

Newer Qemu Versions has a Bug that we dont found and then read it the Images not Fine

and report read/write Errors :unsure:

I hoped it is only a old Library or so but when it appear on your System too is it

maybe a generally ARM Qemu Bug :(

Thx for trying this.

It makes realy more fun to me,to surf with your System in the Net as in PandoraOS ;)

good work

Yup, i included some wifi firmware (with the adequate license.txt), like it's shipped in x86 version.

Mmm, where did you downloaded vlc ?

I never compiled it, therefore it cannot be on my repo.

Some practice:

Download this:

http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/sl4p/sl4p-14.0/packages/extra/xarchiver-0.5.2-arm-3_SBo.tgz

Check if it has no dependencies (it have none).

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/system/xarchiver/

Then (always use su - when creating/installing packages):

su -

installpkg xarchiver-*

Mmm maybe i have to install it by default. Dunno if there's something else (it should).

One thing i like the most in terms of usability, is the Xfce menu browsing which requires no click.

Hehe i was on the wrong Internet Side?lol :lol:

Thx for the Tips ^_^

Need i SU or SUDO in Terminal when i am logged in as the ROOT?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you're logged as root (bad), you're root, so you don't need su or sudo.

I'm waiting for some dependencies to be updated, there's also a compilation problem that i need to sort out.

A few new versions are out since my previous attempt, so i hope i'll succeed this time.

I'm currently uploading a new -rc, sync'd with the new SZ-1.52.

The new lcd scripts doesn't work yet, but i fixed a lot of stuff since the previous release.

Automount works out-of-the-box thanks to Notaz for having added the tmpfs ACL option to the new kernel, avoiding me the non-urgent hassle to compile my own.

I included KDE-4.8.5 for 512M users.

3h50 left for the 1.7G upload to finish.

Check it there:

http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p%2Fsl4p-14.0%2Frootfs

Another try at compiling Libre Office, another failure.

Calligra is included in this new -rc, maybe some office suite power user can test it and give us her/his feedback ?

As far as i know, all common types of documents are supported, and it's stable.

What do you mean by "Calligra is included"? Isn't Calligar the KOffice successor, i.e. an own complete office suite? Why should one include one office suite in another one? Or do you mean just the file format filters?

Well, i included KDE in this -rc. I don't always do that because of the size.

And indeed, Calligra/KOffice is in, so office work is supported out of the box.

I don't give up on Libre Office, but seeing some of it's deprecated dependencies, there is still work from the maintainers to clean up the Sun/Oracle Open Office mess.

ah, I misunderstood you at first.

I thought you meant Calligra "is not included in the new (libreoffice) -rc", but you meant it is included in the Slackware -rc. :)

Great! That's good news.

Thank you for all your work. On the weekend I'll then install the new -rc and see how Calligra works.

Linux-SWAT (or someone else) is there a quick tutorial (or instructions) on how to get started with this? I want to give it a go but all the info is spread over many posts. Standard instructions would be great :)

Back