Slackware inside Pandora.

A small correction to my mail : above should read SMPlayer2 because SMPlayer is working well also with DVB-T (and mplayer too). Now I want to do timed recording from DVB with KTimer . This is working well, but how can I make a Shutdown (needs root) with KTimer as normal user ?

Thanks for help.

So I finally started working on 14.2, which is currently in RC state.

I noticed something has changed about the keyboard layout when not under X, Fn + some keys has wrong output.
I checked input.h from the kernel and the Zaxxon layout, they are ok.

For example, Fn+z gives !, +< gives m, +c gives * and some other weirdness.
I tried to fix the /etc/keymap-extension-2.6.map file, e.g.
# Fn-Z
keycode 44 = slash
but it had no effect :/ .

I know this is a bit early to ask (and possibly pointless), but will you continue with SL4P for the Pyra?

The Pyra build system is ready.
It already does a bunch of distros including Slackware - of course, running on the Pyra or other devboards.
It's based on a heavily modified hns's makesd.
I'm now just waiting for THE real device :^D .

For the Pandora, I keep it's previous build system, making it cleaner for a possible future integration in makesd.

Fixed the layout problem. Another one was loaded before and messed things up.

Many things need more work than I thought. The xfce battery monitor refuses to compile.
I'm also afraid that less pnd will run, e.g. libpng12.so is not here anymore and I don't know how to fix this.

The fix was trivial, I took the 14.1 libpng package, I removed all overlap with the new one, repackaged and I re-enabled a lot of pnds !

One thing annoys me still, Picodrive has no sound (PCSX has) :
sndout_alsa: failed to set hwparams
starting audio: 44100 len: 735 stereo: 1, pal: 0
sndout_alsa: snd_pcm_recover: -5
sndout_alsa: snd_pcm_drop failed: -5
[doublepost=1459173916,1459170754][/doublepost]Disabling user's pulse audio gives back sound to Picodrive !
At some point I'll check pulse audio overhead.

Things goes way faster than I thought.
I already have a nice beta with a few necessary packages.

Important things missing I think about now are the battery monitor and mplayer.
I can't stay with the old optimized mplayer sources because of huge security issues. I hope I'll be able to reach the same performance.
If someone has insight about this, please tell me.

Now that the battery plugin has been fixed by ptitSeb and fantomid, the second top problem went top ^^.

When rebooting, I go back to the blue pandora logo, then the screen goes black and nothing more happens.
I removed the rc.local_shutdown, but it wasn't the culprit.

You sure do a lot for slackware. Right now I am back to the normal os, but I will use it soon again. Thanks for your work, it is awesome.

Slackware 14.2 is released.
I have a few things to tweak before releasing SL4P 14.2 release candidate(s).

Note that it will be the last soft float release.

I'm currently compiling the big batch of Pandora-optimized packages. Should take less than a week.
I'll release a beta after that and I'll probably need help for the Xorg omap driver and a newer MPlayer using it.

Back